Although not going to this area for the wine but actually for a wedding shower, I was fortunate to have found the Hampton Inn and Suites in Rohnert Park which is 10 minutes from Santa Rosa and within 30 minutes from several wineries in the Napa Sonoma area. It is one hour north of San Francisco and is an easy drive in for the day.
I could find no reviews for this hotel and was at first leary since other name brand hotels were more money and sounded like travelers had decent reviews. Well, it turns out the hotel just opened in October 07 and is a well kept secret find since everything is brand new. The King Suite was only $163.00 per night with auto club proof and had a wet bar with refrigerator and microwave (and found a package of popcorn ready for the microwave each day in addition to the coffee for the morning). The love seat opened to a double bed and the huge flat screen TV swung from sofa to bed and was even visable while soaking in the tub!
Great king bed with lovely linens, large well lit sink outside of the shower/toilet area with two huge shelves below to store all the stuff usually jammed on a small counter. Not here! For some icing on the cake - how about the breakfast which is included each day downstairs at no extra charge and has fresh fruit, packaged cereals, bread, english muffins and bagels to toast with choice of cream cheese, butter or peanut butter and some thin round cooked eggs along with juices and three kinds of name brand expensive coffee urns with flavored creamers if desired. The coffee and teas are available 24 hrs. a day too!
I hated to leave my room (402) and wished I'd had more time to sit there in total privacy and comfort, watching a first run movie with my very own popcorn. I will definitely plan to stay there again should we make a trip up north in the general area. It is close to the freeway and one block away from a Costco and there is a Baker's Square and Sushi restaurant within 1 block the opposite way.
Now finally there is a review for the Hampton Inn and Suites in Rohnert Park, California.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County hotel is near the Sonoma State University and the Kendall-Jackson Wine Estates in California. Enjoy a free and hot breakfast every morning (with a free beverage area), rooms with free WiFi, a multi-lingual staff, pool, fitness room, business center, meeting space and free parking at our non-smoking hotel. Upgrade to a suite with a spacious living area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites
- Hampton Hotel Rohnert Park
- Hampton Inn Rohnert Park
- Rohnert Park Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County CA