“Not as bad as some say.”

Rodeway Inn Wine Country
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Flushing, Michigan
“Not as bad as some say.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you're looking for a place to stay for under $50 in the area, this works. The rooms are kind of small, but they do have a mini-fridge and microwave. Shortly after check-in I noticed my minifridge wasn't working and problems with the toilet. Both were fixed immediately. Yes, there were many long-term and somewhat rowdy guests, but I never saw any police or violence. The WiFi constantly went up-n-down (it was mostly up). They have a ton of routers, which is good, but they all go up-n-down together. When working, the speed was quite fast, none of that 5MB DSL crap. Oh, they don't have FoxNews channel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Upon checking in I was charged $68 for my room which I later discovered to be less than $40 online. Things kinda went downhill from there. I was given the only room in the building with not heating unit and when I asked to be switched rooms I was given an extra blanket. It was so cold I could see my breath. Then the room behind me overflowed their toilet and it came through in the carpet, soaking my luggage and clothing. When I spoke to the manager about this, he said yes he was aware of the problem and six other rooms had been affected and they had been drying carpets all day. He didn't have an answer when asked how come no one came to check the status of our carpet or bothered to notify us of the situation. And once more I was DENIED a room change. They did however, bring in an industrial fan . Alas, that was taken away before the carpet was fully dry. I only hear about this happening on TV. The final blow was me catching the cleaning staff going through my nightstand drawers while she was supposed to be cleaning. One other thing is the shady locals that live at this motel. There are daily fights, police, drunks & druggie sand even once a young mother abusing her toddler right by the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in the annex building which is non-smoking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BabyCma M

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We recently stayed here when we had our carpets cleaned and were not very impressed. My husband is unable to take stairs & since they didn't have regular ground floor room available we were given a handicapped room. The room needed new carpet (iron burn), tv didn't get good reception, the bathroom fan was really loud, the ice machine close to room wasn't turned on so we had to go 2 building over near the office to get ice & we were not told that we wouldn't have a refrigerator or microwave. The continental breakfast was only bagels and sweet rolls with coffee and juice.

Room Tip: Call a head of time if needing a ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The outside of the complex looked rundown but the inside of the room was nice and clean.
The bathroom was nice and tidy. There was a questionable wrapper on the floor from perhaps the previous occupant but other than that, everything was great.

The hotel staff were also very friendly and helpful and the room was inexpensive at $50 for a night.

I'd recommend this hotel if you were looking for a decent place to stay while visiting Sonoma State University.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank shakush
Rohnert Park
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Keep expectations low and you can enjoy yourself. Many people hanging out in parking lot sometimes unnerving. Should keep dogs to a limited amount of rooms to keep fleas to a minimum. Staff always wants to clean your room whether you want them to or not.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank jackie r
Grand Terrace, California
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE! We don't expect much for a $50 room but this was beyond disgusting. They should pay us to stay here! We were visiting our daughter who goes to college in Angwin and made a reservation at this "motel". The guy at the desk was rude, making us feel like we were bothering him to check in. The room was filthy! The furniture isn't worthy of being donated to Good Will. The chairs were stained and ripped, the walls were stained, the carpet was so dirty you don't dare to walk on it without shoes, the refrigerator wasn't plugged in so it stank and had mildew, things were falling apart and it was very noisy. I can honesty say I have never seen a worse motel and I have stayed in plenty over the last 25 years of my marriage. Seriously, do not stay here! You would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Mjoseph320
Central Valley of California
Reviewed October 16, 2012

First, let me tell you that the room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the price was one of the lowest I found in the area. That's what I usually look for in a hotel: clean, quiet, comfortable and inexpensive.

My wife and I were going to a family reunion and didn't expect to get back to the hotel until late. I called the hotel the day before we arrived and asked if we could pick up the key to our room early. I explained that we didn't need to be in our room, just to have the key so we could come back late at night without the trouble of checking in. The front desk person said that would be fine, come by any time after 11 AM.

We showed up at noon and said we had called the day before and were there to pay for our room and get the key. We were told we couldn't do that because it wasn't time to check in yet. The front desk was open late and we could check in whenever we got back.

As far as I'm concerned, the hotel management needs to figure out whether you can or cannot show up early like we had asked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#6 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country

Been to Rodeway Inn Wine Country? Share your experiences!