“If you're not broke, stay somewhere else”

Rodeway Inn Wine Country
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This hotel will suffice if you are on a very, very tight budget and are not easily depressed. The staff was friendly and the location was convenient but the hotel was rough and some of the occupants were in need of some assistance from social services.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 13, 2011

Rooms were very clean and nice. I could not believe it was so cheap. On top of that the internet was free, free breakfast, Microwave, refrigerators and coffee maker in the rooms. The front desk was very helpful. suggested some places we could visit. Still amazed how they do it in such a low price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Cris_Matthew
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I called yesterday and asked for a special group rate for my soccer team for Saturday the 16th- Sunday. I was quoted $39.99 per room, given a name to confirm and I called back today to book the rooms and the manager "kindly" told me there was no way he could give it to us for $39.99, argued with me and said I could just find another motel in the area. Well I guess I will. What horrible customer service!!!!!

Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank lcoopwood
Reviewed December 16, 2010

the surrounding neighborhood is a bit 'aged', (Rohnert Park, after all, was one of the first 'ground up' suburbs planned in northern california, and the architecture tells it.)its also, 2 or three generations removed from the original purchasers of the real estate, and like thornton, CO, or similar areas, is getting the same 'bored inherited grandkids causing minor hassles).--with that said, however, if you make your reservation online, yo uwill generally get a good deal..They are also one of the few hotels in the area that doesn absolutely demand a CC# on check-in(tho you DO have the option).--the breakfast is one of the better ones for rodeway.----with that said, the same family-(the bhaktis, NOT the patels, as an earliet poster implied), also owns the 'budget' motel on the same parcel of land, and sometimes the tweaker hassles at the budget 'bleed' over to rodeway (not often, tho). the pool is alwasy clean, and the staff is always freiendly, and patient.--Its probably the best budget motel in 6 counties.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank legendaryrob
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The room was clean but many things were a bit off. The bed was less than comfortable, the toilet ran, the TV remote had minor issues, the bath didn't drain, the Continental breakfast was minimal, and the wireless didn't work in my building. Overall, it was still worth the price considering the high priced competition. The aircon worked okay, the place was quiet and safe, and the fridge and microwave came in handy. Next time I'll use all the money I saved and upgrade to somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrWayne
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We arrived late at the hotel and the guy at the desk could barely bother to help us. It took us about 5 minutes to find our actual room because his directions were awful.

They didn't have the room that we originally needed so they put us in another one that was tiny and the shades were off the lights, the bed was so uncomfortable and our neighbours felt like they were in our room when they talked or flushed the toilet.

We weren't told about the free breakfast and didn't feel they wanted our business. Seems like a hotel for people on the road - needing to leave early.

Price is one thing but I paid the same ofr a great room in Reno.... so it depends on your perspective.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The rooms are great. The price was unbelievable. I couldn't believe there is a deal like this in Sonoma county. To make it short we were just coming in to visit family and old friends in rohnert park and stayed at the Rodeway Inn and it was almost like home away from home. Great service, Great breakfast, and the service was outstanding. We had the convience of all sorts of resturants near by walking distance. This was an amazing stay and trip. To others I would really reccommend the hotel they will love this place.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County
1 mi away
Oxford Suites Sonoma County - Rohnert Park
Best Western Petaluma Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn Wine Country? Share your experiences!