“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Rodeway Inn Wine Country
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
“HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I called yesterday and asked for a special group rate for my soccer team for Saturday the 16th- Sunday. I was quoted $39.99 per room, given a name to confirm and I called back today to book the rooms and the manager "kindly" told me there was no way he could give it to us for $39.99, argued with me and said I could just find another motel in the area. Well I guess I will. What horrible customer service!!!!!

Stayed April 2011
1 Thank lcoopwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
somwhere in the southwest
Reviewed December 16, 2010

the surrounding neighborhood is a bit 'aged', (Rohnert Park, after all, was one of the first 'ground up' suburbs planned in northern california, and the architecture tells it.)its also, 2 or three generations removed from the original purchasers of the real estate, and like thornton, CO, or similar areas, is getting the same 'bored inherited grandkids causing minor hassles).--with that said, however, if you make your reservation online, yo uwill generally get a good deal..They are also one of the few hotels in the area that doesn absolutely demand a CC# on check-in(tho you DO have the option).--the breakfast is one of the better ones for rodeway.----with that said, the same family-(the bhaktis, NOT the patels, as an earliet poster implied), also owns the 'budget' motel on the same parcel of land, and sometimes the tweaker hassles at the budget 'bleed' over to rodeway (not often, tho). the pool is alwasy clean, and the staff is always freiendly, and patient.--Its probably the best budget motel in 6 counties.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank legendaryrob
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The room was clean but many things were a bit off. The bed was less than comfortable, the toilet ran, the TV remote had minor issues, the bath didn't drain, the Continental breakfast was minimal, and the wireless didn't work in my building. Overall, it was still worth the price considering the high priced competition. The aircon worked okay, the place was quiet and safe, and the fridge and microwave came in handy. Next time I'll use all the money I saved and upgrade to somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrWayne

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

Cloverdale, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We arrived late at the hotel and the guy at the desk could barely bother to help us. It took us about 5 minutes to find our actual room because his directions were awful.

They didn't have the room that we originally needed so they put us in another one that was tiny and the shades were off the lights, the bed was so uncomfortable and our neighbours felt like they were in our room when they talked or flushed the toilet.

We weren't told about the free breakfast and didn't feel they wanted our business. Seems like a hotel for people on the road - needing to leave early.

Price is one thing but I paid the same ofr a great room in Reno.... so it depends on your perspective.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The rooms are great. The price was unbelievable. I couldn't believe there is a deal like this in Sonoma county. To make it short we were just coming in to visit family and old friends in rohnert park and stayed at the Rodeway Inn and it was almost like home away from home. Great service, Great breakfast, and the service was outstanding. We had the convience of all sorts of resturants near by walking distance. This was an amazing stay and trip. To others I would really reccommend the hotel they will love this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daisydlopezlopez
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This is a chain motel next to a busy freeway. It's a convenient location for Sonoma, but hardly a pretty one. The key is getting a good rate. I did this by going to the Choice website and entering my AAA discount.

I paid $46 plus tax on a Saturday for a small room with one double bed (not a queen as advertised). Even the clerk who checked me in was surprised. He said he'd just rented a room for $190. (I would not have been happy for $190). He did honor my request for non-smoking and upstairs, which I appreciated.

Breakfast is bagels and a few bins of cereal. Rooms have microwaves and fridges, and are very clean. Not that quiet, but the fan worked fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank itsWindy
Prosperity
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I just read other reviewers who got great deals at this hotel, but they charged me $89 for a very small room with one double bed. And this was supposed to be a AAA rate! I'm very disappointed to discover this.

This was the WORST place we stayed during our entire trip. The room was small, the bed was not comfortable and the pillows were so flat, I had to double mine to sleep on it. The breakfast was only cereal and breads. The girl working the breakfast couldn't even speak English. I asked for milk and she didn't understand me.

If this is the best hotel in Rohnert Park, I'd hate to see the others!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma
BEST WESTERN Petaluma Inn

Been to Rodeway Inn Wine Country? Share your experiences!