“Superior staff, economy/clean/tiny/paper-thin-walled room.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Rohnert Park

Motel 6 Rohnert Park
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Berkeley, California
“Superior staff, economy/clean/tiny/paper-thin-walled room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reviews on Yelp were right-on. Great feature; having the rugs removed for prego floors. I was bummed about some minor details; see title of this review.

But after hearing that friends had to bail out of a reservation for a room at a different pricy hotel in town, because, as they put it; along with roaches, someone didn't clean up the mess after someone was murdered in the room, I was convinced we got a GREAT DEAL AT MOTEL 6.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank eastbaymudgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a road trip north up the coast. If you are looking for an affordable place that's close to wine country this is it. The rooms look newly renovated and were VERY clean. We were not familiar with the area at all and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013
Glen Alpine, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This motel is a solid budget choice in a great location. There are no other motels in this suburban shopping center. Service is efficient and friendly. Rooms are pretty Spartan. It is a place to sleep, not hang out, but the rooms are clean and the television works.

• Stayed September 2013
Roseville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 this past weekend. The decor was cute, but there were just too many problems. The curtains had stains/smashed bugs. The towels we were given were washed, but stained and had dirt (as if the shelving was dirty). Paying $76 for a one-night stay for 3 people in a Motel 6 was bad enough (regular rate +$5 per person for the second and third person), we also had to pay $3 for the wi-fi code ... per DEVICE. Thank God for my hotspot!

Since we had 3 people in the room, we asked for more towels on check-in and were assured there were plenty in the room. Three girls with long hair and 4 towels wasn't going to work, so we had to walk down to the front desk to pick up more towels.

The only two redeeming points for the hotel are, as I said, the decor (which is cute), and the desk staff. Housekeeping and general policies failed my expectations.
The walls are paper-thin, and the housekeeping door between rooms has no seal/gasket so the light from the room next door shines in. I could actually hear the conversation next door, and our neighbors were speaking in normal voices. I cannot recommend this hotel, especially not for nearly $80/night.

Room Tip: Try to get a second floor room on the north side of the building (away from traffic), on a corner or...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Rohnert Park, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear EyeHeartTravel,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Rohnert Park hotels

Redwood City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had only a few hours to sleep between attending a wedding and a morning commitment, so this looked to be okay. Boy was I wrong. I enjoy the variety of Motel 6 to the Ritz but this experience was not up to Motel 6 standards.
I should have known when my confirmation showed us staying in Chula Vista instead of Rohert Park. Mistakes happen. They were actually pleasant in helping fix the problem.
Arriving at the hotel, I was not greeted in the lobby. The attendant was too busy talking on his cell phone. The registration card (if you could call it that) was unique. When he asked for a picture id for myself and my wife (waiting in the car) I should have cancelled and tried somewhere else. The attendant had no personality and obviously was not interested in providing any type of customer service.
The room was down an exterior corridor that hadn't been painted in years. They were painting in other areas as an empty paint can sat on the bottom of the stairway. Opening the door of the room, it was okay sized and very clean (starkly so) and had a noticeable smell of cleaning products. The vanity had been newly redone and was attractive. Interestingly, there were no soaps, shampoo or other amenities.
The bathroom was good sized and the shower curtain holder newly replaced. The toilet was undersized at best. There were two towels and no wash cloths in the room.
The floor looked nice in the room and bathroom until we realized there were no rugs or bathmats.
My wife was upset when she noticed there was no hair dryer. (I would have bought one at the Walgreens across the parking lot, but it was closed (for renovations?). I scurried to find another store so she could get ready for the wedding.
The hangers are definitely anti-theft and consistent with the general starkness of the room.
Although close to the freeway the room was quiet. It appeared that there were several guests staying the night. The mattress was firm and we did get a good night's sleep.
My other experiences with the chain have been better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1GiantsMS
Dear 1GiantMS,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The service and maintenance issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
petaluma, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have always had Friends staying their at this motel. The rooms are NOT huge but they are clean and neat. I believe that my friends said that they also had a breakfast their for free; which
they said that they liked. This way it saves their money some for the Theater or travel.
This Motel has a small pool that when it is hot is ways full.
You always see the women cleaning rooms so they also talk with the people staying in the room to try and help them; Tfoodhis I find helpful. It makes you feel welcome to be and staying their.
It is located next to Starbuck's coffee house, Jack In The Box and a Japanese Restaurant that also serves excellent foods; as do all I review. Jean Patrice Fagan

Room Tip: In downtown Rohnert Park; near everything!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jean patrice f
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here in June, 2013, during a two-week road trip. We chose this location, because we were just driving through, and looked for the most affordable Motel 6 with decent reviews. This was a no-frills kind of place. Right next to the highway, so it was easily accessed. Our room did not border the highway, so it was nice and quiet. The hotel was in a large lot, with quite a few diverse crowd of people staying, as we saw when we walked our dogs around the perimeter of the property. We used the wi-fi at the Burger King location just across the street from our motel room. One thing I wanted to mention was we are quite conscious of gas prices, and I had asked the motel staff at the front desk the night we checked in, and also on the morning of our departure regarding prices. Both young ladies I spoke to, didn't have the slightest idea whether gas was cheaper in the Rohnert Park area or closer to SF. Only thing about the motel was I wished the staff was more knowledgeable. Other than this, the staff was friendly and well mannered.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 8 in Petaluma
4.0 of 5 stars 313 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!