“Great bowl of noodles”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
South San Francisco, California
“Great bowl of noodles”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Needed to take a break, and get something quick and hot to eat. Inside the Graton Casino in Rohnert Park, CA is a M.Y. China. Quickly got a seat and ordered a big bowl of dumplings and noodles. WOW! That really hit the spot! The dumplings were unbelieveable in taste and texture. I sure enjoyed the meal, then it was back to the slots!!!

Visited May 2014
Carol C, Guest Relations Manager at M. Y. China, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Hi Southcityca,
I am so glad that you enjoyed the Hong Kong Won Ton Noodle Soup and it hit the spot! And I hope the slots were kind to you. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
all the best,

milpitasca
“Went to casino just for this restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just had lunch at M.Y.China and loved every morsel. The decor is lovely (the music a bit loud!). Service was lightning fast. I had 2 delicious Mai Tai's with an orchid floating in the glass. We ordered the Har Gow (had to ask for the soy sauce) - delicious. The Wild Boar with the Scissor Cut Noodles was extremely tender and wonderful. The Honey Glazed Walnut Shrimp had just the perfect amount of wasabi in the coating. My favorite was the Peking Roast Duck (1/2 order) which was outstanding - crispy and moist. The fact that no MSG is used is wonderful. This was a delightful lunch on our return from wine country.

• Visited May 2014
Carol C, Guest Relations Manager at M. Y. China, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I love that we were your lunch destination after visiting wine country! I am so glad that you loved the food especially the Peking Roast Duck and of course, made even better when paired with our delicious Mai Tai! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Novato, California
“Yummy in the tummy”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

What a nice place to have dinner. We went in to see the new Graton Casino and stayed to have dinner at M.Y. China. From the moment we walked in we were taken with the place. Very up scale and great attention to detail. Our server was "Ray" and she was delightful. I love to cook and eat and she chatted with me and answered all my questions about the menu. She helped me by explaining how the dishes were made and what was in them. We tried the whole wheat pot stickers, the bang bang chicken wings and boneless chicken sticks. The wild boar with hand cut noodles, bean sprouts and green onion were so tender and flavorful. We also tried two vegetable side dishes, green beans, very fresh and well seasoned. The second was something like broccoli, young stalks with a Chinese sausage it was very fresh and good too. The only dish that we were not extra happy with was the roasted sliced pork. It comes sliced very thin and has honey drizzled on top. It did have good flavor but the portion was small. I wish I had room for desert. The egg puffs going past us to other tables looked heavenly. Next time I have to leave room for them. We will go back, as there are a lot of things I want to try. The whole cooked crab, the duck in buns, the noodle soup, too much to list. The service was great. I dropped a fork and it was scooped up in two minutes and a fresh one brought. I mentioned my fingers were sticky from the chicken wings and the waiter brought me a hot wet rolled up little cloth. Brought on an Asian soup spoon on a white dish. Very nice and we felt special, and the food was very special.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank puggiegirl
Carol C, Guest Relations Manager at M. Y. China, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Puggiegirl,
What a nice review! I'm so glad all your questions were answered and that you loved two of our very favorite dishes, the Bang Bang Chicken Wings and the Wild Boar Scissor Cut Noodles. The second vegetable dish you mentioned is called, Gai Lan, which is actually known as Chinese Broccoli! I'm sorry that the portion size for the roast pork did not make you happy. However, I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the service steps like quickly getting a new fork and the hot wet rolled cloth. Feedback like yours is invaluable to us, as we are always striving to learn from our guests in terms of what our guests do and don't appreciate. I'm excited that there are many other dishes that you are looking forward to trying on your next visit and yes, you must get the sugar egg puffs the next time you visit :-) Thank you for making us feel special too.
best,
Petaluma, California
“Not Your Mother's Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been twice to this restaurant in the Graton Rancheria Casino. First for lunch soon after it opened and second for dinner on a night when the casino and all the restaurants were jammed because of a giveaway at the casino. Had reservations and was pleasantly surprised that we were immediately seated despite the crush of people. A bit about the food - the menu has most of the expected items for a Chinese restaurant but so far none were "normal". The hot and sour soup gets its heat from chili paste rather than black pepper and has a slightly sweet flavor rather than the vinegar sour expected from the traditional soup. Really good. We ordered dim sum for lunch and they were tasty but not too different. For dinner we ordered scissor cut noodles with wild boar and it was excellent. They are known for their hand stretched noodles and I now see why. The second dish was Chairman Mao chicken. It came as slightly dry chicken nuggets in a basket with bell pepper and onion pieces with two dipping sauces - one black bean paste based and one sweet and hot. Other than the chicken being slightly over cooked it was also good. The final surprise was the dessert the lady at the next table shared with us - egg puffs. They were sizable dough puffs filled with air and tasting just like egg custard but without the custard. Fresh and rolled in cinnamon/sugar they were a delight and you get 6 to an order! I'd go back just for them.

Beer/wine list is limited but has something for just about anyone but the pickiest. The restaurant is well appointed, not too noisy despite it's location in a casino and the service was attentive without being overbearing. We recommend it and will go again

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Alysson F
Heather M, Guest Relations Manager at M. Y. China, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hello Allyson,
Thank you for visiting M.Y. China [twice!] and for taking the time to share your thoughts. I apologize that your chicken was dry. Did you happen to mention it to anyone so we could replace it? I realize that for some people this is awkward, but we want you to LOVE your food, so always let us know if there is anything we can do to make you experience more enjoyable.
The sugar egg puffs are worth the return of and by themselves, I completely agree. If only I had more will power!:)
We are delighted you will be returning and look forward to seeing you. Thank you again for the kind words. Sincerely-Heather McNeil
calif
“Nothing special”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food was mediocre but the decor and service bumped a "poor" rating to "average". I've never had Kung Pao Chicken anywhere that was flavorless like the dish we had. It looked great on the plate but the large chicken pieces were overcooked so they were dry. Wouldn't have minded paying their high prices if the dish was good.

• Visited February 2014
Heather M, Guest Relations Manager at M. Y. China, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hi Big Penny,
Ugh! This is terrible. "Mediocre" is certainly not what we are going for. We want you to love your food! I have relayed your comments regarding the chicken to our kitchen team. Did a manager come and talk to you? Did we attempt to get you anything else? Those large pieces of chicken should have been tender and juicy!
I'm so sorry this was your experience. Are you local? Could we speak on the phone? My email address is heather@tastemychina.com. Please email me your contact information so I may get in touch with you.
Again, my apologies. Sincerely-Heather McNeil