“Just a Casino”

Graton Resort & Casino
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It is just a large casino. The"flow" through the areas were adequate, but not truly user friendly. There are a variety of machines in various values. There are machines with options for1 to 30 credits and others with the 30, 60, 90, 120 credit options. Search and you will find a machine that meets your needs. Strolling cocktail waitress' are on the floor. My wife's hot chocolate was delivered after a wait and was more HOT water than chocolate. The casino was moderately busy mid afternoon on a Monday during our visit. Traffic getting to the casino was heavy and cars cut in at the last moment to save time. Exiting the parking lot was difficult as signage directing the exit did not exist. The machines we played were not overly generous. We are sensitive to smoke, but we were not bothered, either in the "smoke free" area or the floor in general.

We rated this a THREE simply because our overall visit was neither positive or negative. We will not return as other casinos do generate a positive response.

3  Thank T W

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went here for dinner and gave up. Long lines at all the eateries. Really crowded. Nice looking casino, Veas-style, glitzy and shiny. Most machines and tables full. I'm going back to Hopland Shoka Wah or River Rock Casino.

2  Thank hoplandmurp
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Look, I won money at the slots but that was probably a fluke. Had decent service at the counter getting our cards. There are a few fun slots among the huge expanse. Very smoky. Decent restaurants. Drinks at the bar are NOT comped are are kind of expensive actually at $7 for a vodka and soda. Medium busy on a Thursday over the holiday break. Easy parking. We ate at the Daily Grill, which is a great option. All of the restaurants are expensive though, so don't expect cheap food because you're at the casino, unless you eat at the food court of course (where all but the four real restaurants are). At the Sky Bar which should have been nice, we got really really lousy non-existent service and watered down drinks. Can't recommend. But the G Bar was fine. If you're looking for a casino and don't want to drive too far this seems like a good option. So far no entertainment that I'm aware of which is a bummer. Not sure why this is a "Resort & Spa" either.

3  Thank Fanfoot
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Wow, this casino's security staff is totally ridiculous.

I own a bar and restaurant in SF and decided to go to the casino with all the $20 bills from our till. I walked up to the cashier with $17k in $20 bills and asked for $100 bills since it was so bulky to carry. They told me that they could only give me $2000 in $100 bills, so I went to the bill changing machines and used them to convert the rest of my $20 bills to $100 bills. After a few minutes I was approached by security staff who wanted to see my drivers license.

I gave my driver's license to them, they gave it to a security manager who went to make a photocopy. I waited for 20 minutes, they told me that they were having issues with the photocopier (which seemed to be BS). Another manager showed up and asked where I worked. Within a few minutes the security staff started asking me about the house I own in SF, the house I own in Petaluma, and the house I own in Santa Rosa. I was like what the? Someone was feeding them my information over their ear pieces, they asked me if I prefer my BMW 5 series or my Mercedes CL55, so they clearly ran my DMV info and was flaunting what they knew.

They told me that, $17k was a lot of money, I seemed surprised that it would be considered lots of money for a casino this size. One of the security staff proceed to tell me it was a lot of money and that he only makes $14/hr (who cares?). The manager told me that I could not have my driver's license back until I speak with the Sheriff's Deputies. I didn't really want to talk with them but reluctantly agreed.

The security staff and sheriff's deputy asked me why I had $17k in $20 bills I said that I own a restaurant and this is a casino. I asked if this was seriously alot of money for a casino this size with thousands of daily patrons who handles millions of dollars. They said that it was a huge amount of money for a single player.

I gave them info on where I worked, lived, and the businesses I owned. The casino staff requested that the deputies search my car, they asked for my consent, I refused. The casino staff told me that I would not be allowed to leave until they searched my car with/or without my consent.

I called up my lawyer and put him on speaker phone. My lawyer said absolutely do NOT consent to any searches, stop talking to them, and wait for him to drive down there. The sheriff's deputy put his arms in the air, said that he was only talking to me, and that I did nothing wrong, and only talked to me at the request of the casino. He immediately walked away. The casino staff proceeded to then snap my picture and told me that I would be banned from their property for failure to cooperate with their investigation.

I left. I will never come back to this casino. Avoid this place, the security staff are ridiculous. They have little more than a high school education, big egos, and try to bully people for no reason. This is really bad business for a casino. I know that the casino is new, overstaffed, and many of the staff member's roles have not yet been established. However, the egos and attitudes of their security staff was totally ridiculous.

I went up to River Rock Casino and told the staff up there about my experience and they were totally shocked that they would be so ridiculous at the Graton Casino. I plan on filing a complaint with the gaming commission, tribe, and station casinos.

49  Thank Chris C
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could give it a zero. The tobacco smoke is sickening in the casino and the restaurant. The no smoking areas are a joke and if they spent any money on a ventilation system that is supposed to clear the air, they were ripped off. My car still smells just from the off gassing from our hair and clothes after eating in the restaurant and walking through the "no smoking" (really the second hand smoking) section of the casino. No way would we have stayed and gambled in that toxic air. At least we had the choice to leave. I feel so badly for the employees who need the job. Rohnert Park should add a couple new asthma doctors with the addition of this casino. Stay healthy .... Stay away from Graton.

15  Thank 18583son