“Good sit down restaurant with the family”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #18 of 126 Restaurants in Rohnert Park
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Rohnert Park, California
“Good sit down restaurant with the family”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Typical fair for this type of restaurant. Everything is cooked correctly, taste is good, atmosphere is loud and friendly. I prefer to eat salads when I go out and they do not have great ones. The chicken dishes are good and the new bowls on the menu are good as well. Their side dishes are almost better than their main dishes - loaded potatoes, soups, veggies. Desserts are just okay.

Visited February 2014

petaluma, California, USA
“Excellent food and liquor.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

They serve Wine and Beer as I recall. I love their Hugh Hamburgers with their thick Bacon on them. The Bacon is know where else to be found and taste so good!
I like that they use spice and their food ALL tastes excellent.

Visited October 2012
Rohnert Park, California
“No anchovies for Caesar salads salads”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I continue to go here even when they don't have anchovies to put on the Caesar salad.
I just bring my own can of them. My favorite is all you can eat soup and salad. A great value. Their ribs are very good. A good place to eat at a good value.

• Visited May 2013
Rohnert Park, California
“Always friendly, always good food.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not noisy as are other places that attract an after-work drinking-and-eating clientele. Food is good and and their $20 for two entrees plus appetizer is hard to beat.

Visited December 2012
McKinney, Texas
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I realize this is a Chili's, not a fine dining establishment. If my experience this evening hadn't been so terrible, I would never have bothered writing a review. I have eaten at this restaurant 2-3 times a year for the last 12 years. The service at this restaurant has never been stellar, but never so poor I felt people should be warned about it either. Over the last 2-3 years the quality and speed of service, accuracy of orders, and cleanliness has progressively declined. I have always just brushed it off, because like I said, this is a Chili's. However, after my experience this evening I was inspired to write a review. Service has always been slow and disorganized in the bar, but tonight it was off the charts bad.

My mother and I stopped in for dinner this evening after a long shopping day. I thought that dinner at Chili's before dropping my mom off at home would be better than fast food, we wouldn't have to cook, and it would be reasonably quick. I was wrong, wrong, and wrong again. We were seated in the bar immediately upon arrival. A good sign...or so we thought. It took 15 minutes for our server, Shawna, to so much as stop by our table. The only reason she came to our table after the initial 15 minute wait was because we asked the hostess to move us to the dining room as nobody had so much as said "Hello, I will be with you a minute." The hostess informed us that it would be quite a wait for a table and asked our server to swing by our table.

When the hostess had Shawna stop by, she was pleasant enough, but clearly not interested in taking our order. We ordered a coca-cola, a glass of water with lemon, and a queso dip appetizer. It took 10 minutes for the coke and the water, 10 minutes beyond that for the appetizer, and another 10 minutes beyond that for the margarita. Ultimately, I waited 25 minutes for a coke and my mom waited 45 minutes for a margarita. We were never given napkins, silverware, or plates. When our server dropped off the coke and the water, she spilled water all over our table, promptly walked off and never came back. When our appetizer arrived, it was cold, and again our server walked off and never came back. At this point in the evening, we had waited 45 minutes for drinks and an appetizer, there was water spilled all over our table, our appetizer was cold, we had no silverware, no plates, and no napkins. Since neither Shawna nor anyone else had any intention of checking on us, my mother got up and went to the nearest server station to got us some silverware and napkins. We never did get any plates and had to use our napkins instead of plates. At this point, we politely and discreetly asked the hostess to move us- she did so immediately.

Upon moving to the dining room from the bar, our new server did try to make our experience better by immediately taking our order and replacing our soft drinks ( I wish I could remember her name). Service did speed up somewhat at this point. I ordered a buffalo chicken salad with NO pico de gallo and with regular cheese instead of blue cheese. My mother ordered a petite sirloin with mashed potatoes and salad. An easy order, right? Apparently not! When our entrees arrived, my mother's steak and potatoes had clearly been sitting out for quite some time as they were cold. My salad was not dressed, they left the cheese out, and they didn't put any dressing on the side. My mother did not want to send her food back, so we had them box it up so she could reheat it at home. I honestly think the ordeal had become so great at this point that she just didn't want to wait for one more thing. The people sitting behind us were so loud they should have been asked to leave but they weren't. They literally gave me a headache and I watched two tables get up and walk out because they could not tolerate the noise level coming from the other table. At this point, I decided I just wanted the hell out of the restaurant too and asked our new server to give me a box for my salad so we could leave. I paid the check without even checking it for accuracy because I wanted to leave so badly.

Icing on the cake of awesomeness that was our dinner this evening: When I got home, my salad was loaded with the tomatoes that I asked them to leave out because I am allergic. I never even got to eat the salad. All in all, we arrived at 5:46 and finally left in haste at 7:38. Every single item we ordered was either cold or prepared incorrectly. To say that service was slow would be an understatement. Both servers and the kitchen staff made errors. We were determined to have a good experience and remained pleasant the entire time. Despite our efforts it was just miserable.

• Visited December 2012