“Nice stay but noisy”

Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The facility itself is rather nice, but the room we were in only had one working wall socket so we had to improvise with chargin all our portable devices. We stayed two nights. The hotel tends to attract lots of one-night visitors who come and go during the dark hours of the night, making the facility a rather noisy one. Recommended if on a budget, otherwise skip this place. Food options around the Inn are OK though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I didn't have a very good trip as it was happening, however my biggest "pet Peeve" is bad customer service. I am thankful that I received a response from the manager here regarding my stay. I am grateful they at least tried in any way to make things better. Any place that is willing to make there guests number one is a good place in my book. Thank you. After its all said and done my family had a good time. And again Thank you. PS- Maybe we shall see ya again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Evidence shows of efforts to fixing this place up. Eventually we might stay again, but for now it's too hard to find a troublefree room. First we looked at #141, labeled Nonsmoking. It looked good but strongly reeked of cigarettes. On the way back to the ofc, we peeked inside an open #129, with maids inside--and we detected a wood-rot-like smell, I believe.

At the office, the very good evening mgr. was very glad to show us another room. It, 101, was an upgrade to king bed for free or perhaps $5 extra; a bargain at only $45 or so. It even had a refrigerator, unlike all, sparse, regular rooms. No rooms have microwaves, a disappointment. The TV in this deluxe room was fuzzy/unfocused and a 26" or so. Poor. The channel selections--perhaps a dozen, no info or guide, just pot luck and low-appeal shows; so tv was grim and grating, for we who are used to DirecTV.

Still, we thought the room was okay, even almost good...UNTIL sometime in early morning a surprisingly loud SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT of water dripping finally woke me up as it hit every 2 sec. on the window ledge outside. In fact, it had dripped all night. Having no decent sleep is grim anytime, espec. when traveling. In daylight I went out and saw that the dripping came from the air conditioner of the room above, despite cool weather. No fix could be thought of: pan or bowl--no, spare rags were not found; but all such would soon SPLAT anyway, no doubt. So no real sleep. Later I mentioned the dripping to a smart-looking maint. guy and he said he'd look into it, but an hour later he had not cruised past. I would wager $5, maybe much more, that the drip is today healthy and well, a week later, and will remain so. I hope I mentioned it to desk staff.

Someday this will be a good place. In the meantime, you are taking a chance.

PS: I know the staff is working on this, for I found evidence of a dead flea (its shell) in the bedding (ergo, spraying); and the mattress and box spring are enclosed in a thick plastic sack. Bravo.....

Still, when we were back home, everything went immediately into the dryer for anti-bug cooking, and then to the washer.

Room Tip: It's too risky to stay here, for us. This is sad to conclude, for the good, newish staff (excep...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rndh
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well where to start. I guess you get what you pay for. Inexpensive room and thats what we got for the price. The pillows are so thin its almost like not having one. They server coffee in the morning. Thank God there is a Burger King next door. The towels are as soft as a cats tongue. The desk chair is as hard as sitting on the floor. And last to have to buy Wi/Fi ($4.95 24 hrs) in this day and age is crazy. If your looking for a place to lay your head with little or no comfort this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jvilla2027
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Nothing fancy but if your just looking for a place to stay room is clean very basic but for the room price you can not beat it. The suggestion I have is leave the Jacuzzi open little later or open it a littler earlier and keep it open year round. Will stay again when the jacuzzi opens back up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oceanviews3
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very good hotel with very nice staffs. Staffs are very helpful and courteous. I will come back to this hotel when i am back in this area. This hotel is near to 2 restaurants and in a walking distance to walmart and other big supermarkets. Room is clean and well kept.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kris s
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels before and none are as great as this hotel! The service is excellent! They go above and beyond to help out in any way. The staff there are wonderful! The room is clean and comfortable and it was so cheap! I will be back! I would reccomend this hotel to my family and friends. Thank good nite inn!

• Stayed: February 2013
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Best Western Plus Garden Inn
#5 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Oxford Suites Sonoma County - Rohnert Park

Been to Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park? Share your experiences!