“Great mix of options”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Cotati, California
“Great mix of options”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Love coming here - great mix of sushi that I love and other items for the kids. Lunch specials are my favorite, I will do take out and it ends up being at least 2 meals

Visited August 2012

wisconsin
“Delicious, comfortable, unique, enjoyable, reasonable price food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Husband and I stayed at Hampton and walked across parking lots to restaurant. Easy access. Patrons/Customers seemed to love this restaurant. You can watch the chefs prepare the food and this is cool. Lots of options for menu. Their "rolls" were a hit as we saw a constant delivery of them from kitchen to customers. You can dine at bar or at table.. Service is very friendly and attentive. We had a tuna salad and a Grand Canyon roll. Very good. We dined at the bar. Lots of people in the restaurant at tables and people at the bar. We are from out of state, but recommend and would return.

When we looked at reviews for restaurants on Tripadvisor, I think this restaraunt should have higher reviews. We really had a good time and the food was wonderful. Staff was friendly and attentive. Prices reasonable. Unique and enjoyable

• Visited September 2012
Oakville, Canada
“Ok meal”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Surprisingly crowded average food. Rather noisy and not terribly comfortable. But within easy walking distance from our hotel. Great after a long drive.

Visited September 2012
Rohnert Park, CA
“Nice Resturant, not really worth the price”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have been to Boathouse on Redwood Drive twice now and each time it was a bit of a let down. The service is outstanding, couldn't ask for a better waiter but the food itself was the let down.

Between the two of us we had the Pork Katsu, Teriyaki Chicken, Dirty Fries and Crispy Veggie Rolls. If you order the dirty fries you better have a really strong stomach because I swear it looked like someone had vomited on the fries. The sauce was a puky yellow-pink with bits of diced bacon. The veggie rolls are a take on veggie pot stickers with a spinach wrap, unfortunately the filling they chose was just a watery mess. Half of the chicken was ice cold as if it had come straight from the fridge.

All in all for the second time the experience was less than wonderful. The decor is lovely, the staff are nice and attentive, the food is the let down.

I would honestly say save your money, this resturant needs a bit of tweeking before it is worth $30 for lunch.

• Visited January 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“A Family Sushi House - Local yet far away...”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've been to the Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park, location as well as the newer location at 2360 Mendocino Ave in Santa Rosa 3 times this year with both my teenage boys as well as friends. Since it is a Japanese Bistro there is something for everyone.

I always love the Dragon roll but with my boys who are learning Japanese cuisine, we tried the Crazy Monkey roll made with Coconut Shrimp & Grilled Pineapple, Spicy Crab Salad, Avocado & Creamy Spicy Sauce which they really enjoyed. We tried the Lisa Lisa Roll too, but there was more cream cheese taste than we liked. My younger son (13) had the Aloha Burger with a ton of fries which was right up his gourmet alley (couldn't believe he fit it in his mouth!), while my more adventurous older son (17) had Nigiri Hamachi which he refused to share, plus yummy Pad Thai Noodles.

For an appetizers we pared off the Coconut Shrimp to the Shrimp Tempura, which had much more Tempura than shrimp, so the Coconut Shrimp won the challenge... Mmmm. My friends like the noodle bowls, but I love the variety of fresh rolls and to try their new creations (and the Unagi too!). I'll have to try their Take Out next...

• Visited October 2011