We enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree in Rohnert Park. It was our first time in the wine valley and felt that we made a good choice in the hotel. It's not in the heart of all the wine activities but easy enough to access - so for the price, it's worthwhile. The signage to the hotel was a bit confusing - since there is an office (?) complex that also says Doubletree on it but we were relieved to see that the hotel property was separate from it.
Positives: overall great stay. They have great service- very attentive at the front. Room was spacious. Loved the double sink in the bathroom area. They had a pool table in the library - which we didn't use but I think it's free to play. There was a pool in the courtyard - though we didn't have time to use it. We used the gym which wasn't big but sufficient (though at 9am on Sat, it was PACKED and you had to wait for the machines). Nice open lobby space which connects you to the courtyard space.
Negatives: Not exactly in the heart of wine country so you have to drive a bit. Not the best place for dining out - The hotel did have a restaurant but we preferred to explore the town a bit so you're best to drive at least to Santa Rosa for a meal otherwise you're stuck with Applebee's or Chili's to go. The "lanai" porch area has a nice woodsy view but actually are all connected to your neighbor's (photo attached) so there's not much privacy. You felt like you had to keep the curtains closed.
We found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. The one bad thing that happened was on Friday evening, after a long day driving around, we were ready to just relax in front of the tv by 9pm for the rest of the evening and the TV was not working all night(apparently, they'd done some work on the roof top which disconnected their service). They don't have free wifi either (you can use the pcs in the biz ctr but it's got a 10 min time limit for free use) so we were a bit miffed... We felt a bit stranded because there's not much to do after 9pm in the area... they gave us free breakfast instead. The TV was working in the morning but no HBO... It's something I look forward to after a long day so was unfortunate that it happened when we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its central wine country location, the Doubletree Hotel Sonoma Wine Country puts you near 300 wineries, great scenic destinations and popular attractions. We are just an hour away from the San Francisco Bay area and 20 minutes from Charles Schulz (Sonoma County) Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Sonoma Wine Country
- Doubletree Rohnert Park
- Rohnert Park Doubletree
- DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country Rohnert Park, Sonoma County, CA