DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I found this to be a very nice place to stay. The staff was amazing. The room was wonderful and I only wish I had had more time to stay.
The next time I am in that area I will make a point to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel during three visits to Sonoma County over the past four years, most recently October 2012. These trips were vacations for us, focused on exploring wine country. The hotel is conveniently located right off the main highway running through Sonoma. The grounds are beautiful and the location makes it perfect for reaching both the vineyards in the north or south part of the county and for taking a day trip to Napa.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, although not luxury. They were perfect for what we were looking for - a relaxing getaway of wine tastings and exploring. The staff was courteous and very knowledgeable. We were given many great recommendations from them, including one of our now go to places, Willi's Wine Bar. The food at the hotel restaraunt is great and is usually what we look forward to after the long flight from the east coast. The hotel bar has a good wine list, stocking a variety of local wines. Breakfast is the perfect start to a day out exploring. They will even pack you a lunch for picnics at the wineries.

One of the best parts of staying here is the service. It is what keeps us coming back. At the end of a weekend of wine tasting and buying, all you have to do is fill out an inventory form and bring your wine bottles to the front desk at checkout. They take care of arranging for the shipping back home at a very reasonable fee. You just can't beat that. No worries about finding a UPS store or packing your own bottles. Priceless.

We look forward to coming back soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012. We had decent service, got our warm cookie and the whole bit. We had two rooms, both were clean -- I liked the nice big bathroom and the beds were comfortable. I am picky about pillows, so it is nice they had a big choice. As has been mentioned the shared balconies are bit odd and don't make you feel super safe.

Only problem we had ~ we were told we could buy wine packing supplies several times, by different people, at the gift shop which was inconveniently closed whenever we checked. When they were finally open (as we were gathering our wine to head to the airport) they informed us they haven't sold that stuff for a good long while. We cobbled together some boxed, but 2 pretty expensive bottles broke because of not being properly packed.... Not blaming the hotel, but it was disappointing.

They did point us to a great breakfast place.

Overall would I rush back, no. No complaints, but nothing to write home about either...

Room Tip: A room on the outside if you don't want a shared balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Iain S, Director of Front Office Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello Mdande,

I am sorry to hear that this was not a stand out experience for you during your most recent stay with us. We do our best to make sure that every guests stay is a good one, but unfortunately it does not seem we were able to exceed your expectations this time.

If you have the time, I would love to hear from you, and find what we can do for your next stay a great one.

Happy Travels,

iain.scarr@hilton.com

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a return trip to the Double Tree. It will now be my home away from home in Wine Country. The staff was excellent. The room was fantastic. The grounds are wonderful. I travel about 10 days a month and this hotel is in the top 5% of hotels that I have stayed in. If you want a quiet retreat from the hustle of California, this is it.

Room Tip: if you can get it, a room facing the courtyard is great.
2  Thank joe_kansas_2012

Hello Joe_Kansas_2012,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this outstanding review! We try very hard to make sure your guests experience is a positive one, and I am glad to hear we were able to succeed for you and be your new home away from home in Wine Country.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were on a bus tour so had no transportation and there were very few restaurants or services nearby, but it was a nice hotel with super large rooms, internet service in the lobby, great cooked breakfast. Quiet rooms, beautiful lobby for relaxing, good helpful front desk staff.

Hello Invue,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, and I am sorry to hear that you were unable to experience some of the local areas. During your next visit I would recommend visiting Railroad Square in Santa Rosa, a great place to dine and shop, and we would be more than happy to take you with our shuttle if a driver is available.

Until next time,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I agree that the hotel is on lovely grounds. And I got a great rate. But given all of the other hotel choices in the area, I would not stay here again. The hotel is big -- it was full of foreign travelers (welcome to California) on bus tours. My opinion is based on many -- too many -- small things. I stayed one night while traveling on business. The elevator had a weird electrical burning smell. The batteries on the TV remote control were dead. When the phone rang for the perfunctory "welcome to the hotel" message (I wish hotels would NOT do this), the bedside phone did not work when I tried to answer/clear the flashing message light. There was some mold in the shower that had not quite been grouted over. The shower fixtures were outdated. The bedside clock did not illuminate at night -- too old. The bath towels were "well used." As I was leaving, I stopped at the front desk to mention that the phone did not work and the remote batteries were dead (so the hotel could fix the phone and change the batteries before the next guest). The front desk guy said, "oh yeah, the cleaning staff pushes on all the buttons, so all you needed to do was ...." Last thing, the room was really hot (it was a very hot day). The HVAC unit is partially covered by the window curtains -- weird placement. The room cooled after I pulled the curtain away. Again, not a bad hotel by any means, just too many little things added up for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JP&mom

Hello JP&Mom,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent experience at the hotel. I am sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations and I would like to be able to rectify these problems so that they do not happen to another guest, or to you should you choose to return.

If you would not mind emailing me with your name and when you stayed, I can do the research as to which room you were staying in and investigate the problems.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Until next time,

iain.scarr@hilton.com

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice place (beautiful building located few meters aways from the golf course, with good facilities, including two pleasant pools), nice rooms (spacious, modern and clean) and nice restaurant (tasty food, good selection of local wines). I was with my family and used this hotel as "hub" to visit the Sonoma Valley and it was really the right choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Bodega Bay Lodge
Bodega Bay Lodge
#1 of 5 in Bodega Bay

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!