“Great service and comfortable”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
California
“Great service and comfortable”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'm writing this review in the room at the hotel. The hotel is clean, nice lobby and pool area. The room is also clean and comfortable. Although they should include more bedding for the sofa bed. Ask for more bedding if you need to use the sofa bed in the King room. When I booked the room in the last minute on the day of arrival, I didn't realize it was a smoking room until after I booked it; but I thought all hotels are non-smoking now, so it could be a used-to-be smoking room; if not, I'll request an upgrade to a non-smoking room as I'm a gold member. When we arrived, the front desk said no more non-smoking queen room available, and gave me the key to check on the smoking room. It smelled horrible. In the end, the front desk upgraded us to a king non-smoking room with lanai. At least there was a sofa-bed we could use. It has a blanket but my son said he felt cold throughout the night and couldn't sleep well. So ask for more blanket or a comforter if you plan to use it. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is also nice and service is good. Overall, it's a fine hotel that we enjoy; plus my DH and DS are enjoying the two golf courses around the hotel.

Room Tip: lanai room is good; ask for more bedding if need to use sofa bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Iain S, Director of Front Office Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Hello Milku,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the smoking room but I am glad that we were able to come up with a solution for you and your family. We will also take note about the bedding on the sofa and see if we can work out a solution for future requests to make sure that everyone is comfortable. Thank you again for the kind review and we will see you on your next visit.

Warm regards,

Iain Scarr
Iain.scarr@hilton.com
Director of Front Office Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The food is excellent and as you might expect the wine list is wonderful. The staff while delightful and customer focused is remarkably uninformed about wine country. Given the distance of the hotel from the actual vineyards made some sense; however, the name made me think someone would know something. We finally found some knowledgable staff who were very helpful and gave us great ideas.

Also, the airport shuttle noted on the website is actually a bus that costs $34.00 and requires a transfer if you fly into Oakland. I called ahead of time to see what I needed to do to catch the shuttle and was given a phone number to call. Surprise it costs $34 and they only take cash. More information would have been helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki E
Hello Vicki E,

I am sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with the staff’s knowledge of wines and wineries in the area. If you are available I would like to find out more about your experience so that we can make future stays more pleasant for all of our guests.

Warm regards,

Iain Scarr
Iain.scarr@hilton.com
Director of Front Office Operations
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have stayed here several times during trips to wine country. We have always found it to be friendly and comfortable. This is a great location to explore the great quality wines in a less crowded area. The staff is very helpful with free tasting coupons.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Glastonbury
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I enjoyed staying here, I know other reviewers have mentioned that the hotel needs an updating, yes it can use one,however, that is pretty much the cars with ALL the hotels in these neck of the woods. The rooms were fine and the beds were nice. liked the pool area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The problem with this hotel is that is does not rate with the usual accommodations that one would expect at a Doubletree hotel. The layout of the room was not efficient; the bed and rest area are cramped and it does not lend itself to the best use of space. The lobby is well appointed and there are computers available, a nice fireplace and a restaurant. The common areas of the hotel are very nice (pool, lobby, restaurant, gift shop, and business area); aesthetically appealing really, this is a part of the reason why the rooms are a disappointment. However, I must stress that things like a microwave or ample space for clothing and snacks are pretty standard. This was disappointing for a Doubletree to not have these areas built in. Also, the room floors need updating; the carpet in the hallways are old and torn. Overall, I was not impressed. I won't be back, even though the beds were really comfortable! Although I do agree with the other reviewer about the woman in the gift shop; she makes a mocha latte that is to die for!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our round about tour of the Napa/Sonoma trip. They gave us hot cookies at check in -yum- and our room was large, two beds and plenty of space for luggage to be strewn and have walking space and two sinks made for easy getting ready! Quiet in the rooms too. We were there on a night where they had a free wine tasting (they do this regularly, with vineyards bringing their wines for sampling) in the main lobby area with some cheese and crackers and fruit. Very nice. They gym was clean, had towels and sanitation wipes for equipment, water fountain, eliptical machines and treadmill and some weights, mats and balance ball. There was a shopping plaza close by with some restaurants but we drove for dinner. Restaurant on property was ok, not amazing and had higher hotel pricing so I would recommend eating out if you can. Cookie cutter style hotel, but the service and cleanliness make it worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here as part of a group, so really had no choice. The hotel was probably chic in its day, but its day has long passed. Dated decor and stained carpet in the hallways detract. Bathrooms are adequate but not up to current "spa" hotel baths. Towels and bedding are nice, with lots of pillows and fluffy towels that are actually big enough to wrap around yourself. But the real issue for us was not the facility but the lack of customer service. After battling highway traffic for two to arrive from SFO, we asked directions to a nearby restaurant. The answer "I don't know" was less than helpful. We put up the "do not disturb" sign when we went to breakfast (no free breakfast, by the way) and housekeeping went into our room anyway. When I called the manager to complain, he promised to bring up breakfast vouchers, which never arrived. I had to explain the whole story again to another manager. Perhaps most perplexing in this day and age is that the hotel charges $10 a day for Wi-Fi. Really? I can get it for free at your little brother Hampton Inn. And will, next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
#4 of 10 in Rohnert Park
Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
Good Nite Inn Rohnert Park
#3 of 10 in Rohnert Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!