“Great Spot for Business Trip”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Rohnert Park
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Was here for a convention and found the hotel to be much better than the recent reviews I found here. My room was very nicely appointed, clean and fresh. Stayed for 2 nights and spent most of the time in the hotel. Lobby bar was nice for an after dinner drink...Conference areas were nice as well. Business center was convenient for printing boarding passes. As mentioned elsewhere - this is not wine country - not much to do at all in Rohnert Park - but this is a good base, and certainly better than most in the area. Just fine for a business trip!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank steamco
Joseph6352, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the time you take for writing a review. The location of the property is definately one of our assets, centrally located to all of Sonoma Wine Country.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Spent one night here with my wife. found the staff from front desk up to hotel manager to be very poor and rude. Overpriced, nice lobby, but rooms are not much better than a cheap motel room. Unless you want to golf next door, not very many activities near the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank medicman5150

We appreciate your comments and will utilize them to improve our service. Feedback is important to our organization, and we thank you for the time you took to write a review.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Hi,

I stayed in Doubletree Hotel Sonoma Wine Country for a week on a business trip.THe Hotel's location was great and the food is great.They definitely have some of the Biggest TV's in the Rooms playing HD stuff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband, daughter and I stayed here during our trip from Sydney Australia, unfortunately we got our dates muddled up and when we checked in they said we had the wrong dates...The manager Lila sorted us out, and we were given a very comfortable room with comfortable bed and linens, thank you Lila. My daughter and husband used the pool, unfortunately the spa was not working but that did not matter as the pool was lovely. We ate in Bachus for breakfast which was very nice. We can't wait to visit again but next time we shall stay for longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ashas0
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed for one night while doing a college tour at Sonoma State University. The Reception staff was excellent and service was very friendly. Our room was very nice-- clean, comfortable beds, good coffee maker (a big plus for me). WiFi was $10/night. We got a very good rate on Priceline and I would definitely return. Note; the hotel is located about 30 minutes drive from Sonoma Valley wine country and about 10 minutes south of Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel is very poorly managed. We had a rotten stay: from management's refusal to admit they have a booking problem to a strong cigarette odor in our "non smoking" room and lousy food and service at the restaurant, the problems that arose during our stay were not handled well. I looked up "Doubletree" on-line intending to call/book directly with the hotel and, using the number listed on their site, thought I did book with Doubletree. The person I spoke to assured me that 1. I got the best rate, 2. I would not be charged for the room until arrival (room could be cancelled 24 hrs in advance) and 3. the hotel accepted pets and there would be no additional charge. None of these things were true; the day before our arrival I found a charge on my Amex bill and realized it was for the Doubletree - not only had they charged me 10 days before my arrival, they charged me $10 more than the rack rate. When we arrived at the hotel, I complained and was told there was nothing they could do because it was booked thru Expedia. I told them the person I spoke with represented themselves to be with the hotel, and they said there was nothing they could do. They also informed me that there would be an extra charge of $50 for the dog. The manager was curt and obviously didn't care. The clerk gave me the number for Expedia, but when I called them they said they didn't handle the booking and referred me to Hotels.com. After telling my story a third time to that agency, they told me they didn't book it either, it went thru something called reservationdesk.com and no one knew how to get in touch with them. I finally gave up and we ended up paying $60 more than the original reservation. The most ridiculous part was that the manager I spoke to just before we left kept insisting none of this was their fault, because the hotel "is not affiliated with the booking agent." WHAT?? The actions of the agent they allow to book for them reflects directly on them. The agent misrepresented the hotel, they are overcharging, and it is impossible to contact them. The hotel should certainly take steps to assure this agent is no longer able to book rooms for them! To make matters worse, our "non-smoking" room stunk of cigarettes, the noise from the room above was loud and went on until 2am, and the fancy looking restaurant had poor service and terrible food! This place has seen better days; the windows are dirty and the corridors and rooms are pretty beat up. We frequent this area because our daughter is a student at SSU, but we won't stay here again. The Sheraton in Petaluma is a much better choice - accepts pets (no add'l charge), cheaper and much nicer.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a trip to sonoma wine country, so after doing a quick research of the area we picked the doubletree. We have never had a bad experience at a doubletree hotel, so we thought this would be a safe pick. This was our first trip to sonoma wine country and was not at all what we expected. The closest winery to the doubletree wine country hotel is 12 miles away and the actual good wineries are more like 25 miles away. After fighting with travelocity and doubletree management they allowed us to cancel our reservation. I would like to thank the manager at the doubletree I believe her name was Linda. We ended up booking the hilton in santa rosa very close to plenty of wineries. One of the best vacations ever... except for the trouble with the doubletree.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
#6 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#4 of 10 in Rohnert Park

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!