“Problem after problem... Much nicer and newer hotels in the area” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area

Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Dallas, Texas
“Problem after problem... Much nicer and newer hotels in the area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Suites for business. Upon checking in, it appeared that the hotel is run independently (franchised) by a family. They were not welcoming whatsoever. The hotel was also very quiet... hardly any guests...

Upon entering the room, I noticed how poor the furnishings were, and laying on the bed was horrible... very very uncomfortable, with the smallest pillows I have ever seen. All of the furniture was very low to the ground; I almost felt as if I were in Europe. The bathtub was worn with embedded dirt. A cheap microwave and refrigerator made this room a "suite".

At 2 am, I awoke with the sound of banging on my window. It was a palm tree; who fronds were hitting the window so hard from the wind. Due to this noise, I had to switch rooms.

I called to the front desk, and let it ring a dozen times with no answer.

I layed in bed the rest of the night, and went to the front desk at 6 am. I told him my problem and the desk clerk said that I called down with no answer. I changed rooms, and on my second night, I had a strong smell of urine in the room.

I checked out the next morning, and told the front desk manager my issues. He did not apologize, but said that the carpet in the room may have needed cleaning.

Never never again and stay away.

I needed to switch rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mkline62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manteca, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I work at a choice hotel and this place was awful. If our hotel looked like this we would have our regional down our backs in no time.
We were here for the BMX State Finals.
Starters: The door was not flush with the wall so you could see into our room a little from the hallway, the bathroom counter was not wiped down (hair, crumbs, toothpaste) and everything was visible, mirror was not cleaned. Around 9:30pm we got back to the room. Turned a pillow over and blood was on the pillow case. We went to take it off and the blood was on the pillow as well. The case was never changed, just turned over. The reason I was told at the front desk was because housekeeping only works from 7am to 12 noon. Now I want to know, was the bedding reused as well? Apparently, that gives them reason to only do as little as possible. My husband an I went to my mother-in-laws room and checked everything there. Not as dirty but the same. I refuse to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a clean room, look somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lawandajoy2013

Travelers are raving about these Rocklin hotels

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I have been Choice Hotel fans for many years. Over the last few years we have seen a steady decline in the quality at all of their properties we have visited (probably 20+ over the last 4 years). This one is no different. We found a stain on one of the walls that looked like blood. The toiletries were from China and the lotion was about 1/10 full. No one had bothered to replace it. The whole place looks a little threadbare. For $100 or so, including tax, you can do a lot better. I don't know what country the owners come from but I can only imagine that whoever represents Choice Hotels that checks their properties must come from the same part of the world.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Marbarlet
Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

1st week of June near Sacramento - had to attend a High School Graduation and stay overnight 2 nights. The cool hotel room was a very welcome relief to the 100+ temps and heat outside. The hotel parking lot does not have ANY shade for your vehicle. The front side parking only see's shade late in the day - and is usually filled with other people trying to keep their cars out of the heat.
Nice clean room, friendly staff, quiet, close to stores, mall, food, and my sister's house was walking distance. I'll stay here again -

Room Tip: For some reason I end up on the 3rd floor - elevator slow, used the stairs down a few times. Advant...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Drove to the city of Rocklin to hang out at Thunder Valley Casino for the holiday weekend. All hotels nearby were sold out but for Comfort Suites where only 2rooms were available when we inquired. The hotel was modest, with free continental breakfast, staff were courteous and helpful.
The room was average, clean, but bed was not comfortable and pillows were too soft. The pool was open but it was not heated!!!
Overall, we were just thankful that we found a room to stay in for the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conviently located just off I-80 near the first interchange off CA Hwy 65. Coming off 80 stay right all the way off 65 and you will see it on the right. Continue to Five Star Blvd, turn right and you'll run right into it.

Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Linens are very nice and the bed was great. Staff was pleasant and helpful. It will be on our return list.

• Stayed May 2013
Redding, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel a couple of times now and have been very happy both times. It's centrally located with lots of places to eat nearby. The breakfast was really good with a wide variety and everything was piping hot and ready first thing in the morning. The only problem I found was when I first walked into the room, the pillows were all piled on the bed without pillowcases, but the friendly young woman and the front desk moved us to a different room without any fuss. She was very nice about it and apologetic that the maids must have forgotten to finish getting the room ready. I'll stay here anytime I'm in town!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento-Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
TownePlace Suites Sacramento Roseville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area? Share your experiences!