“ho jo's” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Tacoma
“ho jo's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is the 2nd year in a row that we chose this hotel. It appears that the maintenance and upkeep is not a priority. We had two room's, what is suppose to be non smoking smelled heavily of smoke. In the room and the hallway. The carpet was deeply soiled with whatever. Some type of stains were on the curtains. Rm. 113. There were other things but let's move on. It was a Monday and had ask for a 1pm checkout. Not granted! We had a 5pm flight, it would have been nice. Hotel was not gonna be sold out at this time. Good things were staff was very polite and courteous. Maids were helpful and breakfast was sufficient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oroville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

As others have mentioned, there is a funky smell near the smoking rooms. The lobby was nice, and the employees were very friendly as well. The hallway to the rooms reminded me (in looks and smell) of an older hotel/casino in the Reno area.

Free Wi-Fi with several routers throughout the hotel. I was told to choose the one with the highest signal. Only one had four bars, the others zero to one. Connected to the one with four bars, but it would disconnect a couple times, and then be fine for an hour or so. So, I really didn't mind since I wasn't in the room much.

We had no problem with any noise whatsoever - guests, traffic...

Our room was worn, but clean and decent. There was one stained chair that we didn't sit in. They really should do something about that one. (It is in room 100, if management is reading this).

The pillows were pretty flat, but I had read that in another comment, so we brought our own. Also, as mentioned previously, the shower head is low on the shower wall. I'm 5'8", so I had to bend down a few inches to rinse my hair. But, no biggie.

Good water pressure, A/C and fridge worked well. We didn't use the microwave. I really liked the big vanity area outside the bathroom and next to the fridge area.

Taco Bell, Denny's and Arby's are in front of the hotel, so that was nice. Trying to find the place is a bit difficult. As soon as you see the Taco Bell and Arby's signs, TURN! ;)

For the price I paid, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hotel is like any other Howard Johnson, but for a non smoking hotel the hallways and room we stayed in smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. I stayed with someone who is a heavy smoker and that was her major complaint. Breakfast was okay, by the time I got there at 8:30 almost everything was gone. The other thing we noticed was there was a mini kitchen in our room and we had 1 small trash can! They could have added another one. If I had to I would stay again, but get up earlier for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Carson City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Very bad experience. I have stayed here at this hotel for over 25 years but it has gone downhill and not worth the money. I need to find a better. cleaner place to stay in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Roger H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin? Share your experiences!