WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Rocklin Park Hotel

Rocklin Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Dallas, Texas
“Looks nice, could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

Pulled in after a drive from Oregon, and the place looked pretty nice from the outside. Went inside to check in, and met up with a very friendly young lady working behind the counter. She got us processed and in our rooms.

The rooms are nice, I found the beds to be very comfortable. The bathroom was amazing for a hotel. I didn't get a robe in my room, so I cried (a lot). No room service, no restaurant on site and have to go to the other side of the freeway to get something to eat. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room, so I guess I could have nuked some burritos or something. Alas, I'm terribly lazy, so I would usually try to find an In-n-Out around so I could complain about how overhyped their burgers are. But that's another story for another day.

Breakfast was muffins, bagels, oatmeal, fruit...but there are about a million different kinds of coffee. WOOOT.

Best part of our stay was the petrified squirrel on the roof. I hope they take him down and give him a proper burial...he was a good squirrel, and deserves much better than this!

It's a nice enough place, and if I come back to Rocklin, I would like to stay here again. Even if I have to go across the highway to eat!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

Stayed there with family.Excellent rooms,they provide Refrigerator,Microwave and robes which was luxury you rarely find for this price.Very close to freeway and still no noise from the freeway.Seems like very high quality overall for the similar kind of hotels.

They have putting green,Spa which we did not use due to rains,never the less great option. Breakfast is okay.Highly recommend .....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Okay I don't know know why someone would spend their wedding night here but for our purposes, relaxing after a day of casino, it was heaven. The staff were courteous, spacious clean room and bath, and the hot tub under the moon was sweet, nice low level yacht rock music piped in to set the mood. Imagine "It's the Right time of the Night For Making Love..." You know the song.
This is not a hip mod place, nor is it expensive. It's quiet and they give you a decent selection of teas at the very simple continental breakfast. I almost took off a star cause there's no hard boiled eggs next to the oatmeal, but hey the recession is real, we all have to make ends meet. If you need a place to stay this place will run about $70 a night through hotel.com.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Arcata, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

Took my baskteball team to Rocklin for an AAU Basketball tournament and we all stayed here. Really nice rooms for the price. The rooms were large nice bathroom and such. The place is removed from anywhere else although it is a short drive. Restaurant and Bar at the hotel is closed and it doesn't appear to open anytime soon. Breakfast was poor and instant coffee.

• Stayed August 2009
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

I stayed at the Rocklin Park Hotel in Rocklin early January and about 1 week after checking out I noted that they recharged me for 4 (four) separate $6 charges, two seperate but identical charges on the 6th and two seperate but identical on the 8th, all 4 charges were for the same amount ($6) an OBVIOUS billing error and so returned to the hotel to get a correction and brought my documentation. Talking to the accounting person (was told that she was the only one to fix it) and thinking this was a easy fix, She told that it was likely a credit card problem and that she had only charged me once for the water they forgot to bill me after checkout. She offered no investigation and basically pushed it back as my problem to talk to my card company. I travel 3 months a year internationally and have never encountered such an 'it's your problem' reply from a senior hotel representative! This hotel billing error has cost me 3 hours of my time so far to attempt a correction. (My company travel report system is not friendly to these type errors as they view them as 'red flag' items).

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

I picked Rocklin Park Hotel to stay on our Wedding night as it was a quick drive from Auburn and right off the freeway and my brother stay there 6 years earlier for his wedding night and LOVED it. After a long, great night at our wedding, we were tired and ready to enjoy our first night as husband and wife. Standing at the front desk in my wedding dress, we were completely ignored by the woman on the phone. She was on a personal call, and didn't even acknowledge us. This went on for a few minutes before I actually had to reach over the counter and phyiscally hang up the phone. She said that she was on the phone with her manager, I politely explained that I didn't care and her manager should understand that customers come first, especially when they are standing in front of you in a wedding dress and tux.
The bed was super hard, but otherwise the room was nice. The expericence with the front staff was impossible to get over and will NEVER BE BACK.

• Liked — hot tub in the room
  • Disliked — front desk service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

Freeway access good however was upset to find out the retaurant had closed and was not told about this since it showed on their web site. Being single did not want to go out at night for a dinner prefer something you can walk across to and they do not have this. The grounds are pretty little walking pathand putting green and seen a family of wild turkeys every morning, that was nice. The pool and jacuzzi looked nice but did not use it. The desk people seemed stressed and not to eager to help. First room was a double bed and looked old and worn out had dirty rugs, changed to a king upstairs and it was better bed was comfy.
TV terrible lots of static and very few chanels 1 HBO movie channel no pay per view or anything. Did get a massage at the Spa and they were very nice and had a nice place and the massage was good also.
FYI>>> there is a very nice HILTON GARDEN INN just a few miles (just minutes only) down the road towards Sacramento way in Roseville. My son lives in Rocklin now however next time I go to Rocklin I will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn I did see this one inside on my last visit when my son lived in Roseville at the time and it was very nice with a TAHOE JOES restaurant in the parking lot also. Better location too. I just did not realize it was so close when I made this reservation.

• Liked — the balcony off the room and the nature in the back of the hotel
  • Disliked — no restaurant as advertised carpets need cleaned poor TV selections
  • Stayed July 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!