“Ribbit, Ribbit”

Rocklin Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Roseville, CA
Reviewed May 26, 2006

We went to a friends 40th birthday party and decided to spend the night in this hotel. The hotel was a bit older than we expected, but seemed clean and all. Well, imagine our surprise when we left the party and went back to our room at 2 am and came upon baby frogs all over the hotel room. We had noticed many outside, but hadn't seen any in our room earlier that evening. My husband and I spent the next hour catching the frogs and bringing them back outside. We even found three dead frogs in the room, and we had to get rid of them ourselves. We finally realized they were coming in under the door, so we had to take the bedspreads off the bed and shove them under the door to prevent more from entering our room. The next morning, after very little sleep, we mentioned this problem at checkout and we were told that the problem just started, they had never seen the frogs in the rooms before, and they were having them exterminated that day. I found this hard to believe, being that most of the dead frogs in our room had obviously been there for some time. The manager did not offer any type of compensation or even an apology. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anyone else EVER!

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Bay Area
Reviewed May 17, 2006

I recently visited for business...very excited to stay here, considering I was born and raised in this area, thus initially happy about giving to local business. Unfortunately, I will never use or recommend this place to anyone I know. I stayed two nights....and was happy, until I viewed my bill (post-trip) and called the manager concerning a discrepancy in pricing. Later found, through a civil-business conversation with the manager, that there was a lack of communication between the front desk and management. In my travel experiences (10+ years on the road), I have never talked to a manager so content with letting a customer, with an amazingly valid reason to be dissapointed, not be compensated or even inticed to future accomodations for their inconvenience. This mis-management in the competitive hotel industry, within one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, is horrible business - not to mention to a customer who works for the State of California! The most horrific part is that the manager didn't even feel compelled to apologize for their (her) incompetencies. It is not hard to see, that my business will definitely be taking elsewhere!

Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 20, 2006

We had the most incredible stay at the Rocklin Park Hotel! Four girlfriends went to celebrate a special birthday in the Roseville area and were treated royally. The spa experience was extraordinary and the hospitality was friendly. There was fun shopping nearby at the Roseville Galleria and many good restaurants closeby! FUN!

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank wiseowl169
Kansas City
Reviewed January 4, 2006

Dear Rocklin Park Hotel,

In the last two months I have recieved the worst service ever given by a hotel. I do not appreciate when someone who cleary has spoken english the entire conversation gets backed into a corner due a broken promise the way the hotels manager Norma did and starts pretending she only speaks spanish then hangs up on me.

According to her the sales person whom I left more than 5 messages for (Chris ?) comes in at 2 PM in the afternoon and doesn't return calls for groups of less than 10 rooms. I happen to have 10 rooms and my calls were never returned, even after I left Norma a message saying that if my message wasn't going to be taken serious I would contact the ownership Luxe Hotels. "Chris" is obviously a fabrication of her imagination.

What kind of manager doesn't come in until 2 PM in the afternoon and what kind of business doesn't return telephone calls. Mr. Luxe, I sure do hope your business is doing so well and you are able to treat all your customers with this kind of disregard and stay in business. It must be nice.

Good Luck,

Taking My Business Elsewhere

(All of it)

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Roseville, CA
Reviewed December 21, 2005

This post is aimed at those who might be considering the Rocklin Park Hotel for their wedding and/or reception. My fiancee and I checked the place out over the summer and were pretty impressed with the facilities. After looking around at so many other venues we decided that this was the place where we wanted it. However, the wedding cordinator at the hotel, although seemingly nice and helpful at first, promised that they were building a new ballroom to accomodate our needs and that she would get a contract to us shortly. This was in August. After many attempts to try and contact her via phone and visits to the hotel, she never seemed to be available and never sent us the contract. Finally, after a few months of the same runaround, we were told that the promised ballroom would not be built in time. We told her we would still like to have it there with their current facilities and that she should send us a contract. Again, never happened. Months went by again without hearing from her at all. December rolled around and we were getting really concerned. We finally got a hold of her (which was a continual struggle) and was quoted with different, higher prices than promised before. We were so frustrated with the lack of service and attention, the inability to contact the wedding planner, never receiving a contract and the consistent lies that we were almost ready to call the wedding off, putting it off for another six months or year.

Luckily, we were able to find an even nicer venue in the downtown Sacramento area with a staff who were extremely helpful and able to get things rolling in the short time that we were there. We even signed a contract that day for the same date we wanted originally! Were were so relieved.

No thanks go to the Rocklin Park Hotel for their lousy service and lies. The nearly ruined our perfect wedding day. I definitey would NOT recommend them to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2005

In the interests of full disclosure, I hate Holiday Inns, Quality Inns, Courtyards by Marriott, Hampton Inns, etc. But I had to be in Rocklin for business and was pleasantly surprised by the Rocklin Park Hotel. Its much more comfortable and less chain-like than any of the aforementioned hotels but just as reasonably priced. There is some sort of a Swiss/Ticino- region theme throughout the hotel. The restaurant (Zinfandel) is much nicer and better than what you'd normally get attached to a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank aschie30
Reviewed December 9, 2004

Nice, clean and spacious room in as pleasant a setting as can be had next to the freeway. Comfortable bed allowed an almost regular night's sleep (a good trick for me when traveling). Courteous, professional staff at the front desk and on the guest floors. Modest additional cost (around 10%) over the well reviewed HoJo's on the other, more commercial side of the freeway seemed worth it. All in all, very pleased with my stay.

Can I nitpick, sure. Paid an additional $10/night for a room facing away from the freeway, rooms that also have a small balcony. However, the door to the balcony was poorly sealed so outside noises (primarily frogs croaking and background hum of freeway) more easily made their way inside. Like most hotels of this class, little effort is made to seal out hallway noise as well. They always seem to have a gap at the bottom of the door so a USA Today can be shoved into your room with a whoosh during the wee-hours of the morning, just in case you forgot you are not in your own bedroom. I was the only one in the breakfast room, but the chef/attendant and another worker were too absorbed in their own conversation to offer much assistance as I fumbled about trying to assemble my breakfast.

But I digress, give the place a try. You won't regret it!

2  Thank sundeer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!