“Terrible Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Beaverton, Oregon
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I must preface this review by saying that I did not and have not stayed at the hotel so I cannot attest to the quality of rooms, amenities, etc. However, based on my recent customer service experience I would not stay here and I would not recommend it to any friends or family.

I was in the greater Sacramento area from a Thursday night to the following Wednesday morning. Not quite a week. I had called The Rocklin Park Hotel a week or two prior to my visit to inquire about renting a banquet room to host a baby shower. The gentleman that I spoke with went over rates, confirmed availability and said to see the room just call ahead so they can make sure someone is available to show me around.

I called on the Friday morning after my arrival to town and the girl who was on the phone was unhelpful. She just kept telling me how busy they were going to be that day. She couldn't confirm if the dates I wanted for the shower were still available so she said she would have her manager call me back in an hour when she got in. I never got a return call. I called later that day around 4 pm and either the same girl or another told me how busy they were and took my information to now have the Event Coordinator call me back because she supposedly was the only one that could help me. She wouldn't be in until Monday and I was told I would have to wait until then despite me saying that I would be leaving Wednesday morning and needed to see the place ASAP.

Well, the events coordinator never called me back. I left a message on Monday and Tuesday specifying that I had limited time to see the place and, apparently, it wasn't a priority. They must have been super busy with their imaginary clients because the parking lot did not look full to me. Most people I tell this story to from the area tell me that they think/thought the place was abandoned or closed down because of the lack of business they appear to get.

I'm surprised and disappointed that a place can be too busy to tend to potential clients. On top of that, to not return a call after 4 messages is despicable. I would not want to host an event here after such terrible customer service and I will definitely not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KMeis
RocklinParkHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Rocklin Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear KMeis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your feedback as it will help us serve our guests and event clients better in the future.

Our events representative responded to your inquiry the same day it was made: 7/27/13 and left a voice mail message using the phone number that you provided to the front desk clerk. According to our call logs, subsequent calls and messages left by the events representative on 7/28/13 and 7/29/13 were regrettably not answered.

It is our policy to return calls regarding event inquiries within 24 hours.

We regret very much that we were unable to reach you. We would like to know how we can earn your business in the future. The hotel manager would be happy to speak with you. You may reach them directly at: 916-630-9400, X7055.

Warm Regards,

Guest Relations Manager, Rocklin Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Roselle, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We've just returned from our trip to Rocklin, CA for the Christening of my God Son and we were told this is the nicest place to stay. I know Rocklin isn't the tourist destination of many so I didn't know what to expect but my friend that recommended the place was not too happy when he saw the state of disrepair it was in. Weeds and plants growing like crazy, just no curb appeal. But I can get past that, let's keep going....Hottest day in Sacramento's history was Saturday. Old record 103, new record 109! No worries, they advertise a lovely pool! If you like your pools looking like a POND, jump on in.... If not, the front desk recommends (on the hottest day of the year) you go to a gym or something? Yes, the actual answer I was given.

Rooms- Dated and old
TV- Still the RCA 20" box, no flat screen here!
Mattress- Springs in my back and broken down, very old! Ever hear of pillow top? Not here!
Carpet-Disgusting, bring slippers.
Bar- CLOSED
Restaurant- CLOSED

The only thing they have going for them is a 24 free coffee machine...THAT'S IT!

Were they willing to reduce my room rate just 10% so I could feel better about sweating my butt off? Of course not!

Dear owners- You had a gold mine! Everybody used to love this place (according to all my local family!) Way to go, won't be long now that reviewers make people aware of just how bad you let it get.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Adam L
Dear Erich H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay. Since your stay in June, we have remodeled a wing of the hotel. The remodel includes new carpet, paint, draperies, etc. We have added flat screen TVs to the premium rooms and now offer a complimentary hot breakfast. The pool has been re-done. We apologize that it was not open during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will give another chance to serve you better in the future.

Warm regards,

Guest Relations Manager, Rocklin Park Hotel
sparks nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We found our rooms to be lovely. They had everything anyone could want, nice pool and jacussi. Breakfast was only so/so, could have used more selections for sure. Hallways were not air conditioned when we were there, or maybe it wasn't working. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
RocklinParkHotel, Front Office Manager at Rocklin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear fiddlestogo,

Thank you for your positive comments about your stay. We do appreciate every guest that takes time out of their day to post a comment.
Our new Breakfast Room is ready with an improved Brekfast menu. We have also upgraded our TV Network with 90+ channels now.
About the Airconditioning in the Hallway ,you are right; it was not working that day and we have it fixed now

We will be very happy to have you back on your next trip
Stuttgart, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed 6 nights there. On the one side the room was the quitest room which I ever had in Roseville area (not facing the I80), on the other side the hotel has its best year behind. The room was a bit smelly, but luckily I was able to open the window.
Service was poor, because they forgot twice to do room service.
Complementary breakfast was served in the lobby. Restaurant seemed to be under renovation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Erich H,

Thank You for your review. we appreciate your business.The new Breakfast room is ready now and we have also added more items to the Breakfast menu so on your next visit you will enjoy your morning breakfast with the breathtaking view of the green belt & the ridge at the back of the property. We have also upgraded some of our rooms with new carpets and furnishings and the other rooms will be upgraded soon.Also we have upgraded our cable network from 30 channels to 90+ channels now . I apologise on behalf of our Housekeeping staff and will definitely mention it to them.
I hope you will give us one more chance to serve you better on your next visit to Rocklin Park Hotel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The room we stayed in smelled of sweat. The carpets were old and very dirty. We stayed there two nights, and the room wasn't cleaned once. We had to ask for clean towels, and the garbages weren't emptied. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Axonsax
Dear Axonsax,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. We do appreciate every guest that takes time out of their day to post a comment. We do apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. We are in the process of updating some of the room furnishings and amenities.I will definitely mention this to the housekeeping so this does not happen with our future guests.
We have moved to a renovated Breakfast room and we have upgraded our cable network to 90+ channels & very soon we will have new flatscreen TV`s in most of our rooms.

We do hope that you will stay with us in the future so that we can make a different impression for you.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have stayed several times at Rocklin Park Hotel when it was a Hilton (I think). We have always found it to be quiet, clean, friendly, easy on and off of highway 80. We came up for a funeral this past week and found that new owners had bought it. It has always been nice, but now it is even improved! The room was spotless, the employees friendly and helpful, and even improved toiletries and other amenities! We have generally enjoyed a nice breakfast, though this time, we were not able to partake of that due to the timing of the funeral. We have never had a bad stay here, and this time it seemed even friendlier and cleaner. Highly recommend it on your way to Reno/Tahoe, or even to stay up around the nice areas of Sacramento.

Room Tip: We like floors "3 & 4" - which are actually only a separate wing, with two levels. We...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear EdwinaSueClark,

Thank You for your review.It is reviews like yours that makes me & my staff more efficient and help us improve in our guest services. I will let the Front Desk staff know of the good things you had to say about them and how the rooms were clean.
The new Breakfast room is ready now so on your next visit you will enjoy your morning breakfast with the breathtaking view of the green belt at the back of the property. Also we have upgraded our cable network and we have over 90 channels and we will be upgrading to Flat Screen TV`s soon. We are constantly upgrading to keep our regular guests and future guests happy.

We will be very happy to have you back on your next trip to Rocklin
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice room especially because we had the balcony view on the green belt side.glad we got the upgrade .try to stay in main building balcony room..bang for the buck ;)...stayed only a night but will def stay again..
Jake wilkinson

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jack W,

Thank You for your positive review.
We have a new Breakfast room now so on your next visit you will enjoy your morning breakfast with the breathtaking view of the green belt & the ridge at the back of the property.
We appreciate your business.We will be very happy to have you back on your next trip
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!