“No Big Deal... Sufficient Yet Average”
Review of Rocklin Park Hotel

Rocklin Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
San Francisco, California
“No Big Deal... Sufficient Yet Average”
Reviewed June 11, 2008

The property makes grand claims, including its affiliation with the Luxe hotel brands. Just checking out its website... The embellished descriptions and artfully-cropped photos make it seem so luxurious.

"Walking trails?" --Picture a small circular dog run, an old fountain that doesn't work, and a some wilted flowers in desperate need of some TLC. If a tenth of a mile is your idea of a walking trail, this is your mecca.

The pool/hot tub is tiny, right next to the lobby building, so everyone walks by it. There is a coded lock on the pool fence door and I was not given the code when I checked in. By the time I'd seen the lock on the fence, it was close to sun down anyways, and guess what, the pool is then officially closed, which is ridiculous.

Yes, you get some robes and some nice soap in the room, but then again, aren't most hotel chains offering higher-quality toiletries these days?

The Zinfandel Grill reminded me of a 1980's ski lodge. I did not eat there so I can not vouch for the food, but it wasn't a very enticing atmosphere, very bright and open, lodge-style space.

Spa was tiny, right off the lobby. Nowhere to lay about and relax, no views, just a couple of small rooms for treatments.

Nice-enough rooms overall, but it is not the luxury destination it is made out to be.

No fault of the hotel's, but the town of Rocklin could be Anytown, Suburbia, USA. One big mess of freeways, chain restaurants, shopping malls and office parks. There will be no strolling down the road to discover that cute little restaurant or shop. The "boutique" aura of the Rocklin Park begins and ends here, which is possibly why they think they have bragging rights. I, however, was underwhelmed.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Disliked — Lame "walking trails", pool, hot tub, grounds in general
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed May 7, 2008

I've been complaining about the poor selections of hotels in Rocklin, CA. We have family in Rocklin so we need to stay in a hotel when there. And we've had nothing but poorly made hotels with thin walls and lack of customer service. FINALLY we find a Rocklin hotel that we not only liked but was far superior to any of the other hotels in the area. You don't hear doors slamming all night and early morning. You get good service and nice, clean rooms with the right amenities. It's child-friendly and simply put - we liked being there.

We highly recommend, if you are going to Rocklin, CA - don't stay anywhere else.

• Liked — Clean, solid hotel, convenient
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Orange County
Reviewed December 22, 2007

I was looking forward to a nice and memorable quiet weekend when a friend recommended that I stay at The Rocklin Park Hotel in Sacramento. As I arrived and checked in at at he front desk, the satff seemed pretty nice and accomodative. Walk to the second floor with my luggage towards my assigned room with no one from the desk attempted to ask me if I had needed any help with my luggage. I thought to myself oh well they're probably shorthanded or perhaps overlooked what I have in my hands. Finding the stairwell and walking up the second floor with no instructions where the elevators where, I was already getting anxious to reach my destination which was in my mind a very comfortable bed and a nice view of the garden. As I opened my room which I felt looked unacceptable for a $225.00 a day rate which I am used to finding more eventful and happy feelng with other hotels I have seen before, there was a feeling of excitement to drop everything I have in my hands and just relax and entertain what was going thru my mind which was to get to the fun of getting the massage!!!!!! and forget about the little observations formed negatively in my mind so far and just have a great time. Then finally getting the massage was a blast!!!!! Hats off to the girls working so hard to please their clients. Excellent to AAA massage service....great facility and grreat tea....Head back to my room for the night I turned the television set on to watch some games and news. Well, the set is outdated, no remote control and static galore on every channel I tried watching then I tried calling for help using the room phone. Guess what the phone is dead. Used my cell to call the hotel just to inform them of the number of problems I an encountering in my room. The manager who I believed said her name was Laurel promised to send the remote in my room and have the phone fixed. The phone was working in about 2 minutes, but the remote never showed up. I have to share with all of you folks that I did not sleep very well, perhaps the mattress was uncomfortable as I am picky at where I spend my quiet time no matter what the cost is and I just constantly have to get out of bed to turn the channel manually on or off or perhaps I was disappointed and frustrated that I allowed myself to stay at hotel with this incapacitated magnitude. I was scheduled to stay for 3 nights, I checked out the next morning.

• Liked — massage, the green tea, and checking out.
  • Disliked — everything besides the above mentioned.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
Roseville, CA
Reviewed October 19, 2007

I first stayed here two years ago and recently returned a few weeks back. Apparently there is new management and it really showed! The service was very friendly and my room was a great deal for the price.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Arrived at the hotel after a awful stay across the Interstate at the HoJo. Got a wonderful double queen room for less than $100.

We loved the workout facilities, business area, pool complex (nice fluffy towels) security, and especially the idyllic grounds.

A very clean, nicely appointed room for a great price. Quiet and pretty grounds. The Zinfandel Grille breakfast room service was pricey but tasted absolutely fantastic.

• Liked — Grounds and ammenities
  • Disliked — A little hard to find. Maybe thats a good thing!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
las vegas, nv
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed for two nights. Easy check in. Quaint. Right off the freeway (I-80/Rocklin) but not in any way distracting. Room was large. Nice pine hutch. Bathroom was very clean and update. Pillow were not long -- but very comfortable -- maybe even memory foam. Used the (one) lobby PC to check/send email and even print - for free. Hot tub was out of commission when we were there -- pool was okay though. Took a dip late in the day, and frankly it could have been skimmed for tree blossoms, etc.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed June 1, 2007

This review is for those considering Rocklin Park Hotel/Zinfadel Grill for their wedding. We really liked the facility and the prices were pretty reasonable. I called the manager/coordinator and scheduled an appointment to put a deposit down on a date. Despite telling her we were coming with money - the manager/coordinator did not show up. This is not acceptable for such an important event and for the amount of money we would be spending.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank frequenttraveler064
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area

Been to Rocklin Park Hotel? Share your experiences!