New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Days Inn Rocklin, CA” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento

Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Jose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The rooms are clean and the AC works well. The towels were awful though. I'd recommend bringing your own.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Deborah S
Citrus Heights, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been enjoying a nice stay here. The staff does everything they can to help you. I work on the road most of the time and stayed lot of places and this ranks at the top. Thanks to them!! They are willing to help you out whenever possible. Plus they even go out of their way when you need their help. I even got to use the hotel dryer!! Very cool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rocklin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Why would I go anywhere else? It's affordable, it's quiet, close to food... Clean rooms, friendly staff and a swimming pool. Sure it's got a few years on it, but I don't mind. Don't need bling, don't need flowers and chocolates on the pillow, don't want loud parties and drunks. This is a family run and family friendly establishment. When I go to the area to visit family, I stay at the Days Inn, Rocklin. Period.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Michael E.,

I am so glad to hear that you consider our Days Inn, Rocklin is your perfect destination! And I'm even happier to hear that you plan to return to our hotel because of our Clean Rooms, our facility, easy freeway access, our breakfast and our wonderful staff services.
Yes, we work hard to keep our hotel as a hotel.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We hope to see again very soon!

Thanks Again!

Lalit Kumar
(916) 632-0101
Springfield, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Easily the worst hotel/motel I've ever stayed in. Although, there was that place where I was eaten alive by fleas...or god knows what.

Where can I even start?! The staff was slow and rude. How about NO customer service. Plus there was a language barrier and it appeared no one there spoke clear English. The wi-fi was password protected which wasn't explained at check in. My computer and ipad would not bring up the login section, so I assumed the wi-fi just sucked. Finally got the login page to come up on my last night and by then I was so done with this place.

On my first night, I was visiting a friend who came over to meet me at my room. She pointed out a bug on the floor. A pretty good sized bug that looked very much like a cockroach. Her daughter put a cup over it and I went to the office. Complained, someone came to my room and removed said bug, took me back to the office. There I was told, "It's not a cockroach" and then was denied my request to switch rooms. I had just driven 7 hours from Los Angeles and it was going onto 11pm. I was too tired to argue, but I also didn't want to see if the bug had friends. Denied another room, I went back to my room and they called me from the front desk to tell me exactly what they'd told me down at the office, "It's not a cockroach." Whatever. I slept with the lights on regardless.

The hotel was full that night, so I didn't want to know where else they'd stick me. Perhaps it would have been worse. The guy I stood in line with (the staff moves at one speed: super slow) returned while I waited for them to decide if my bug was a cockroach and told me there was shady activity going on in the back of the hotel and he was leaving. I didn't want to know if this was true, so I locked up my room and tried to sleep. Fell asleep from exhaustion, not because I was comfortable. Also didn't walk on the floor in bare feet nor left my bags on the floor.

The second night, my friend and I found a bunch of dead or almost dead beetles. I hate bugs, so this seriously grossed me out.

Breakfast was elusive. No idea when it started and ended. I was out of there by 9 on my day to head home and breakfast was being taken away. Then I wanted to fill my cooler up with ice to keep my bottled water cold. I had the ice bucket from my room thinking the ice was at the office. I was given the 3rd degree twice by the front desk guy about why I had the ice bucket with me. I finally put it on the counter and left.

If I could give this place a zero, I would. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Jules Ann,

We are so sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. We will surely address the items you noted immediately, but also encourage you to please call me directly to discuss other ways to further improve our hotel.

Unfortunately night flying insects attracts towards any lights and if by mistake if you have kept your room door or window for few minutes. and this flying insects gets the chance come to your room. We have service schedule every month for pest control company. with this complain we immediately call them and they did it again. We take all guest comments very seriously and share with all staff for improvement in our hotel services.

We try hard to constantly improve our facilities, amenities and service. As such, we genuinely welcome your input. Thank you again for your business and we hope we can serve you again soon.

Sincerely yours,

Lalit Kumar
Days Inn - Rocklin, CA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Staybridge Suites Rocklin - Roseville Area
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville

Been to Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento? Share your experiences!