“It was a good experience, This was our 2cd stay at this...”

Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Reviewed July 14, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Easily the worst hotel/motel I've ever stayed in. Although, there was that place where I was eaten alive by fleas...or god knows what.

Where can I even start?! The staff was slow and rude. How about NO customer service. Plus there was a language barrier and it appeared no one there spoke clear English. The wi-fi was password protected which wasn't explained at check in. My computer and ipad would not bring up the login section, so I assumed the wi-fi just sucked. Finally got the login page to come up on my last night and by then I was so done with this place.

On my first night, I was visiting a friend who came over to meet me at my room. She pointed out a bug on the floor. A pretty good sized bug that looked very much like a cockroach. Her daughter put a cup over it and I went to the office. Complained, someone came to my room and removed said bug, took me back to the office. There I was told, "It's not a cockroach" and then was denied my request to switch rooms. I had just driven 7 hours from Los Angeles and it was going onto 11pm. I was too tired to argue, but I also didn't want to see if the bug had friends. Denied another room, I went back to my room and they called me from the front desk to tell me exactly what they'd told me down at the office, "It's not a cockroach." Whatever. I slept with the lights on regardless.

The hotel was full that night, so I didn't want to know where else they'd stick me. Perhaps it would have been worse. The guy I stood in line with (the staff moves at one speed: super slow) returned while I waited for them to decide if my bug was a cockroach and told me there was shady activity going on in the back of the hotel and he was leaving. I didn't want to know if this was true, so I locked up my room and tried to sleep. Fell asleep from exhaustion, not because I was comfortable. Also didn't walk on the floor in bare feet nor left my bags on the floor.

The second night, my friend and I found a bunch of dead or almost dead beetles. I hate bugs, so this seriously grossed me out.

Breakfast was elusive. No idea when it started and ended. I was out of there by 9 on my day to head home and breakfast was being taken away. Then I wanted to fill my cooler up with ice to keep my bottled water cold. I had the ice bucket from my room thinking the ice was at the office. I was given the 3rd degree twice by the front desk guy about why I had the ice bucket with me. I finally put it on the counter and left.

If I could give this place a zero, I would. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jules Ann,

We are so sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. We will surely address the items you noted immediately, but also encourage you to please call me directly to discuss other ways to further improve our hotel.

Unfortunately night flying insects attracts towards any lights and if by mistake if you have kept your room door or window for few minutes. and this flying insects gets the chance come to your room. We have service schedule every month for pest control company. with this complain we immediately call them and they did it again. We take all guest comments very seriously and share with all staff for improvement in our hotel services.

We try hard to constantly improve our facilities, amenities and service. As such, we genuinely welcome your input. Thank you again for your business and we hope we can serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Comfortable bed. A good value for the room rate. Room could use some updating, but great internet and work desk with plenty of convenient electrical outlets a plus. Continental breakfast was not available until after 8 am on one of the mornings.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Jeanne S,

Thank you for your compliments and recommendation. We work hard to provide the "Best Value Under the Sun" and are so pleased to hear from our guests.

You work hard for your money and we consider it our obligation to work equally hard to earn your business. Upon health emergency to our breakfast lady we have served our breakfast at 7.50 AM instead of 6.30 and we apologise for that happening. We are making sure that this will not happen again.

Thank you again for choosing us and we hope to serve you again very soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert N
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Reviewed June 9, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Reviewed June 5, 2013

facilty was very clean and quite. staff very pleasant. only thing that was inconsistant was the morning breakfast. 1 morning it was open at 630am then one day at 700am. so i had to miss a breakfast 2 mornings. the breakfast selection was good when i could take advantage of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GMBayAreaInns, Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Carl,

We enjoyed your stay with us as much as you did. You are a pleasure and we were happy to accommodate you during your extended visit.

Yes, we apologize for inconsistent timing to pen our breakfast, We will take this note seriously and will try to start breakfast by 6.30AM. also, the convenience of a microwave and fridge in every room really is wonderful. People often don't recognize the need for simple conveniences until they are actually needed. Our job is to anticipate those things and let you enjoy your time with us.

Thank you again for you nice comment and business. We look forward to serving you again soon!

(916) 632-0101

Reviewed May 26, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville
Rocklin Park Hotel
Rocklin Park Hotel
#6 of 6 in Rocklin

Been to Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento? Share your experiences!