“Just your average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento

Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Seattle
“Just your average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Overall the Days Inn in Rocklin was an okay place to stay. There was not anything extra special about it, it was your typical room.

When we arrived late (about 8pm) the guest services person was not at all personable or friendly. Just give you the key and get you in your room.

The room was okay. Very old and not anything special. We had a king bed. I enjoyed the table and extra chair, although the chair did not look particularly very clean. The bathroom was old and there were defiantly spots where the tiles were old or cracked.

We traveled with a child under 3 and we had our own pack and play which fit nicely in the corner. I am glad I brought the child's bedding because just looking at the floor it was kind of sketchy on cleanliness.

The neighborhood was okay, I mean you get what you pay for. There was defiantly the smell of marijuana outside our room, coming from another room.

It does get super cold in December if you don't have heat on and extra warm if you leave the heat on...

Overall, nice place for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sarah F.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We do sincerely appreciate all input from our guests.

We are glad that you appreciated the size of our large guestrooms as we have also traveled and felt cramped at other locations. We will certainly verify that the carpets and bathroom in your room are re checked to ensure they meet standards.

We hope to see you again very soon and wish you and your family Happy Holidays!

Very truly yours,

Lalit Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Generally a pleasant stay, so I visit regularly. Once in a while, I put the key in the door and find that the room hasn't been cleaned, yet, but I end up with a clean room within 10 minutes. I love to relax in the outdoor Spa. The microwave, fridge, & TV work,& comfy beds.
Last nite was horrible, tho. At midnite, multiple voices were hollering, banging on door & window, yelling to "OPEN UP!" I tried to call the office, but the phone didn't work. I was so scared, that I took blanket and pillow and SPENT THE NIGHT in a LOCKED BATHROOM! I felt a burning pain in ankle, & I now have a runny sore on my ankle, obviously a Poisonous Bug Bite. At 730am noone at the counter in the open Lobby. At 1030am I told Manager of my nite, and not only was he nonapologetic, but advised me that if I caused any problems I would not be allowed back to DaysInn Rocklin. So I called DaysInn Corporate, and A VERY NICE MAN assured me that A REFUND would be mailed to me, and that he was concerned about the bite. Reba, Sacramento

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Reba,

Thank you for your comments and please accept our apologies for the trouble you faced.

We do try hard to maintain a quiet atmosphere at our hotel. We are located a few blocks away from the loud highway and generally cater to business, family and senior guests. We are very sorry for the loud noises and problems you encountered during your last stay.

As you noted we do try to provide the best services and amenities. We will certainly review your notes with our team to ensure similar problems are not faced by others again. Thank you again for your input and patience.

Respectfully yours,

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am very impressed with all the amenities that Days Inns offers. Plus, they have great services. I will missing some towels and they were very responsive. I asked them about the surrounding restaurants and they had good choices. I will definitely come back to stay.

David Blanco
San Jose, CA

Room Tip: I like the upstairs south side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Hi David B.,

It is our pleasure to serve. Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement. We will certainly share your compliments with our team.

Please be sure to visit us again soon. We will be certain to reserve an upstairs rooms on the side you prefer whenever you visit. Thanks again and have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Warmly,

Lalit Kumar,
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This Motel is owned by a family that lives on the grounds, very nice kept pool and rooms clean and always a working refridge and microwave. We have been staying here for two years now sometimes for a week or more at a time and very much like it

Room Tip: We prefer ground floor accross from the pool towards office side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Mark

Thank you for taking the time to provide some comments. We do love hearing from our guests.

Yes we take a lot of pride in the quality and service at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you into the future.

Thanks again for your support!

ATWATER
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hotel was okay, Some residences were load and a little unruly, the next morning we left early and returned around 2pm, our beds were not made..we paid for a room for four and only received towels, coffee and cups for one. People at the desk were friendly, but unapologetic, when we first arrived they gave us keys to our room, our daughter walked in on two men...ROOM WAS OCCUPIED...Scary business...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank WENDY C
Dear Wendy,

Our goal is to wow and impress our guests. We clearly fell short during your visit and will certainly work harder to improve. We will revisit our housekeeping and front desk training to better serve you and other guests. Hopefully we will have another chance to serve you soon.

Thank you again for your feedback and input. We hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Been staying at different hotels in Sacramento for business and I didn't want to spend a lot. This place was a gem. Quiet, no suspicious activity, rooms were clean they had microwaves small refrigerator television. Pool area was small and nice and a small workout area aas right next to it. If you go online and search you can book this place for 40 or 43 dollars worth every penny. Usually for that price you wont find good places. Its near the highway 80. About 5 min away. Gas station and fast food places are right near the freeway.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Juan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us and other travelers. We really pride ourselves on being the "hidden gem" in the area. We try hard to provide clean, modern facilities with excellent service at a reasonable, fair price.

We are so glad you found us and look forward to serving you into the future. Thank you again for your business and compliments.

Very truly yours,

kumar@lotushotels.com
Roseville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the past two months, and I can say that there is no better value in the area. I have no problem with the rooms, They are clean and comfortable and have a fridge and microwave. The office staff are very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check out is quick and efficient. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael3991
GMBayAreaInns, General Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Michael3991,

Thank you so much for your comments. We love hearing from our guests and appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback.

We enjoyed serving you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy travels!

Lalit Kumar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Rocklin Park Hotel
#6 of 6 in Rocklin
3.0 of 5 stars 88 reviews
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville

Been to Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento? Share your experiences!