“smelly and dirty, pillows very thin and small not comfortable.”

Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rocklin
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a concert we went to in Thunder Valley Casino on a Saturday. We first stopped by the hotel to leave our luggage and as we walked in to check-in we noticed this awful smell in the lobby, it smelled like food with curry or some kind of medicine smell it was pretty strong. As we were checking in, there was this indian lady that looked kind of dirty, her hair wasn't combed, she was yelling at the kid who was running in the lobby barefoot also looked dirty, the man who was helping us told them something in their language and the lady again, started yelling at the boy. The man was polite to us and told us there was breakfast in the morning, but by that time I was disgusted by the smell of the lobby area because the place looked nothing like the pictures, it looked dirty, and the windows had handprints all over them and the floor was dirty too. Our room had 3 small pillows that were very thin and uncomfortable, the room looked clean but I didn't feel comfortable there, in the morning we left very early and breakfast there was out of the question, I didn't trust eating there, after smelling that awful smell in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yolanda h

Reviewed May 23, 2011

Walls, beds, counters, everything was filthy, I had to take my son's wet wipes and wipe down every surface. We tried dealing with management but they just put us off continually, didn't really understand English, very frustrating.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chamilton122883
Bhupen12, Manager at Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Dear C. Hamilton,

On behalf of the hotel, i want to personally apologize for your experience at our hotel. We sincerley pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and quality and will not tolerate the type of issues you raised. In fact, we also noticed quality concerns in April 2011 and immediately implemented changes to restore our positon and guest's experiences.

Among other things, since your stay, we have replaced our General Manager (he had only been with us for 3 months and did not live up to expecations as you saw); inspected and deep cleaned every guestroom; steam cleaned all carpets; added the window sill you noted (located behind drywall in the back of the bathroom) to our daily houskeeping inspection list and are currently upgrading our beds.

I hope you will give us another chance. We have been awarded the highest quality rating in the Wyndham Hotels system for 6 years in a row and continue to seek ways to improve. Thank you for taking the time to point out some cleaning flaws which you can be assured have improved.

If you have any additional input or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (916) 632-0101 or kumar@daysinnrocklin.com. Thank you again.

Sincerely yours,

Lalit Kumar
Days Inn - Rocklin, CA

Reviewed April 20, 2011

I was travelling on business & stayed at Days Inn Rocklin. Place is very clean & beds are very comfortable. I got good rest for the next day & enjoy staying. Friendly staff & good breakfast adds to the value price of this hotel. I will definelty stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2008

If you just want a place for a good night's sleep, this will do just fine. Our room was closer to the street than the freeway, so we did not hear any freeway or street noise at night.
It was clean enough, but the place is showing some signs of age. At the time we were there, the spa was out of service, but the pool was clean and inviting. They need to repair and/or replace some of their deck chairs.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, and we appreciated having a free breakfast every morning - consisting of cereal, juice, bagels, muffins and/or toast.
This was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. I chose this hotel because it had one of the lowest rates in the Sacramento area, aside from the Motel 6 properties.

The room and the rest of the property were clean and well maintained. My coworker and I found the beds to be remarkably comfortable. The continental breakfast was substantial compared to similarly priced hotels. There were a few bread items, cereal, juices, coffee, muffins, and bananas.

The employees were helpful and efficient. There is a supermarket as well as other stores just a couple blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2007

A small hotel. Clean, quiet and inexpensive. What else do you need? We stayed 4 nights as we had business in the area and were only there to sleep.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed April 22, 2007

This was the second time I stayed at this Days Inn in the past couple of years. It is centrally located to the following: Sierra Community College, a strip mall including Longs and Safeway and an asundry of small,quaint businesses, Porsche dealership and Landrover dealership, and numerous restaurants (Chinese, Sushi Bar, Mexican, American cuisine AND Jack-in-the-Box for those "special" tacos.) All of the aforementioned are within walking distance.

The hotel clientele was quiet, the only noise you heard was freeway noise from I-80, thus the location. "Continental" breakfast consisted of fresh fruits, bagels, english muffins, pastries, all-you-can-eat cereal, juices and GREAT coffee.

There's a pool and hot tub, which looked inviting even though it was pouring rain during our stay.

You can only say so much for the rooms, but I got what I requested in my reservation and that's fine for me.

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank PetuniaCake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rocklin
Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Rocklin - Galleria Area
Best Western Plus Orchid Hotel & Suites
Rocklin Park Hotel
Rocklin Park Hotel
#6 of 6 in Rocklin
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville

Been to Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento? Share your experiences!