“Absolutely Disgusting”

Good for: Families with children
Sacramento, California
“Absolutely Disgusting”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I wish I new where the food came from that they used to take these beautiful pictures of but what they served was disgusting. All I wanted was a couple of tacos but we should have gone to Taco Bell instead of this place. I can only hope I don't get sick.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave F

“Good and authentic”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Always great service and good food at this authentic Mexican restaurant. Its nothing fancy, but the food is hot and the cervezas are cold. Very reliable food quality and the family owned restaurant has been part of the community for years. Multiple locations.

Visited May 2013
Penryn, California
“consistently good Mexican Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

the tacos are the best I've ever had. We go to Cafe D at least once a month, sometimes more. We have lived in the area for 23 years, so that's a lot of visits.

Visited February 2013
Loomis, California
“Great Cheap Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bright orange vinyl newly reupholstered booths (so apparently somebody actually CHOSE that color), air conditioning that doesn’t seem to quite keep up, and waitresses that often seem a bit overworked. Do I recommend this restaurant – ABSOLUTELY. Great cheap Mexican food at great prices and quick service. I love this restaurant! If you want ambiance and froofy cocktails – go someplace else and spend three times as much! And actually, have you BEEN to Mexico?! – This ambiance is probably closer to authentic Mexican than most places out there… think about it!

• Visited August 2012
Sacramento, California
“Much better than other reviewers portray it ! The real deal.”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I've been there three times now. Each time the restaurant was spotless, and the service was excellent. I have been to many little restaurants in Mexico, and this reminds me very much of those. I keep expecting to see the grandma sitting over in the corner hand making the tortillas. This is not a glitzy gringo style place, and I think that's a good thing. And they serve Negra Modello.