“Great Cheap Mexican Food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Bright orange vinyl newly reupholstered booths (so apparently somebody actually CHOSE that color), air conditioning that doesn’t seem to quite keep up, and waitresses that often seem a bit overworked. Do I recommend this restaurant – ABSOLUTELY. Great cheap Mexican food at great prices and quick service. I love this restaurant! If you want ambiance and froofy cocktails – go someplace else and spend three times as much! And actually, have you BEEN to Mexico?! – This ambiance is probably closer to authentic Mexican than most places out there… think about it!

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I've been there three times now. Each time the restaurant was spotless, and the service was excellent. I have been to many little restaurants in Mexico, and this reminds me very much of those. I keep expecting to see the grandma sitting over in the corner hand making the tortillas. This is not a glitzy gringo style place, and I think that's a good thing. And they serve Negra Modello.

Reviewed December 2, 2009

Well, I know mexican food. I would not bring my Mom or Dad here. Food was disappointing.
Service was average.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 1, 2008

really really cheap food and its really good! me and my room mate love this place! haha

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My last experience at Cafe Delicious was terrible. Both the inside and outside were very dirty; outside was trash, litter and produce boxes strewn about. Inside, there were straw wrappers, napkins, etc. on the floor, glass cabinets smudged all over with greasy fingerprints and who knows what. There were only two other diners in the entire restaurant, but 3 tables were not cleaned off. There were at least 2 waitstaff, so this mess was inexcusable. Speaking of waitstaff, ours was the stereotypical loud gum chewing, unkempt, dirty apron type. The furniture was worn out. Tape on the holes, padding to the springs, table tops worn down to an unintended multi-color look.

The food was only so-so. I wondered if there was anything wrong with it; I shuddered to think what the kitchen was like. I'm sure this is NOT what the founding family had in mind.

I won't go back.