New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Skipolini's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #10 of 133 Restaurants in Rocklin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Roseville, California
“Solid, dependable, a little pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We return to Skips about once a month because the food is dependably good and the atmosphere is very good. The restaurant also includes a really nice gelateria that serves genuine Italian sticky ice cream.

Our most recent visit -- two of us -- was typical. We ordered the Bruscetta appetizer and a big pizza. The appetizer was a wow. Skips has a good attitude about appetizers. They take a standard Bruscetta (basically, a grilled slice of sour dough layered with mozzarella, sliced tomato and spices like garlic and some green stuff) and serve it on steroids (not literally) in the form of bite-size grilled chicken cubes heaped on top. Basically, they turn a large sliced crouton into a mini chicken, cheese and tomato chunk pizza. Very pleasant.

We've gotten used to Skip's pizza. It's not a 10 or a 6, but somewhere in between. This time, our thin crust (which we prefer) was tough. Maybe the dough had been out too long or had been punched down too many times. Otherwise, it had generous quantities of the toppings we selected, and the anchovies on the side were also generous and fresh.

Is it just me or should a meal like this with soft drinks exceed $40 for two? I guess prices just keep going up everywhere and I should stop noticing.

You can eat inside or out. On hot nights, Skips has a misting system that drops 100 degree air to around 75 at your table. On cold nights, Skips provides those large propane patio heaters.

As Arnold says.... "I'll be back...".

• Visited August 2013

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have been to Skipolini's three times and have enjoyed my experience at each. The food is consistantly good and the service has always been excellent. I have had enjoyed their pizza, a salad, and a pasta dish. The breaded green bean appetizer was delish! The atmosphere is casual and they offer both indoor and outdoor seating and the location is convenient. They are family friendly and kids have the opportunity to make their own pizza that is then baked and returned to them so that they may enjoy their creation.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“A bit pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate here last night 6/24 for dinner and it was good but overpriced. They do "creative" plating for instance with the calamari appetizer - they put it on a narrow plate so it looks like there is a lot but if you were to transfer that to a round plate it would only cover half the plate. For $9.95 it is overpriced. The same with my husband's pasta plate, for $14.95 the pasta only covers the bottom of the plate. We all know how cheap pasta is so there is never reason to be so sparse. Our waitress Katie was great but the part I don't like is when the waitstaff come to your table and ask you something when your mouth is full - you can't speak - even to say leave us alone for a moment :-) It's all good though but sadly we will not be returning because a family of four for $100.00(including tip) is too much for a pseudo-fast food restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Truckee, California
“OK Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I did not enjoy my meal. The spaghetti was overcooked and the water tasted of bleach. I thought if was just me, but everyone at my table mentioned the water. We will go if our school gas another spirit night, but I am not interested in returning.

• Visited July 2012
Sacramento, California
“Much more than Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited here with a group of about 16 seniors. We initially sat in a very nice outdoor area, but some of the ladies were chilly, so we moved indoors. Staff was very accommodating and pleasant. I enjoyed the lasagna very much. It wasn't deep dish like I am used to, but it was very tasty. The lasagna came with plain bread, but my server arranged for garlic butter on the side with a real "can do" attitude. I enjoyed amazing service from "Katy" - I don't think that's how she spelled it, but that's the way it sounded. She had the perfect balance of personality and professionalism. I enjoyed a nice glass of Zinfandel and it was a generous pour. The menu had good variety. My friends ordered many different selections, including some nice looking salads, and everyone seemed pretty happy. The portions were generous and many take home boxes were to be seen. The server had good things to say about the manager; I think that goes with good service !

• Visited May 2013