“Sunday Brunch in 2014”

Mission Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 719 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Reviewed January 16, 2014

It had been awhile since I had tried the brunch at the Mission Inn--at least a couple of years. Holiday reservations were booked solid so it was nearly a two weekend delay to get a spot, but well worth the wait! The salads were fresh and creative. Jumbo shrimp, prawns, crab legs, donned the salad bar as well as oysters on the half shell. In addition, there was the anti-pasta bar with an array of meats, cheeses, and a variety of olives along with fresh salmon, bagels and cream cheese. Those items along with the omelette bar. Eggs Benedict, fresh fruit and the traditional breakfast fare buffet would be enough of a value-- when you consider the bottomless orange juice and champagne glasses that the waiters kept filled--but that was only the beginning!

The main courses are too numerous to list...but included the traditional prime rib carving bar. Finally, after a coffee and a rest...enjoying the scenic views on the interior patio, my guest and I ventured to the double spiral dessert table that looked like a French Patisserie. Mini- Creme brûlé cups, incredible cheese cakes, and my favorite--bread pudding with a sweet heated glaze to enhance its already delicious flavor. Need I say more?

The layout was appealing inside the 54degrees bar/dining area with easy access to the patio. Personally I enjoy seeing an ice sculputure at a brunch of this caliber, but what can I say? It really isn't needed with an environment like the one provided in every restaurant of this hotel. Always impressive. Strongly recommend reservations, though you may get lucky on non-holiday weekends. Food lovers will love this brunch; I am certain of that! Bon appetite!

2  Thank Scott B

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was planned as a special lunch with a cousin I had not seen in years. We were not disappointed. We opted to be seated in their outside courtyard which was beautiful. Food was excellent and the portions generous. After lunch we toured the property and would have to say it is one of the most fascinating historic properties we have ever visited. Go and you will enjoy a great experience.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We met here for lunch at the suggestion of long-time friends and they were "spot on" with this selection. The menu was varied and evryone at the table (five of us) enjoyed their enree. We would recommend arriving early or staying after your meal to enjoy the history of this historic hotel saved from the wrecking ball and operated with TLC.

One very minor complaint: We sat near a door to the outdoor patio on a cool day andthe open door created a mildly uncomfortable cool breeze at our table. I closed it twice but the staff kept propping it open for to/from access to the patio and evn did so after we asked that it be closed.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

So, my family and I stayed at the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa in summer '13. We were there for about two days and we couldn't find any nice resturants for dinner in the area so decided to just go to the Mission Inn Resturant thats located in the hotel. Usually we're wary of hotel restaurants, but this food was great. It wasn't anything like an ordinary hotel restaurant. The food was delicious, my family and I ordered a wide range of food and they didn't have one specialty, it was all good! The waiter was extremely friendly, and we chatted a bit and found out that one chef for a long time (I forget the exact details) every morning would make hollandaise sauce that was just fantastic. Because of that my brother and dad went the next morning to breakfast just to order the eggs benidict (I was sleeping). From their comments after breakfast, it seems like there was a reason this chef has been making the hollandaise sauce for so long. They couldn't stop talking about it! Bottom line: Fantastic food all around with exceptional service! (I was 14 and my brother was 17)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at the Mission Inn for two nights. We arrived on 12/30/13. There was a small line at check in but no worries because they were offering sparking wine or cider to guests waiting to check inn, I was very impressed. There were also little things they did during our stay that I thought was very unusual for high end hotels like maid service coming to our room and offering us ice and little chocolates in the evening and complimentary coffee service in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we walked in until check out. The hotel was booked to capacity and yet no service issues. They offered us an invitation to a New Years Eve party there for hotel guests only, I am not sure the cost and we could not attend because we had our children with us and it was a 21 and over only, however I thought it was an excellent idea and a success from what I gathered as we saw the guests smiling as they were leaving the party. I would recommend the beautiful Mission Inn for New Years or anytime.