“Out of the Ordinary”

Mission Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mission Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 714 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Out of the ordinary might be the best way to describe the Mission Inn. It is truly different. The accommodations vary as well. My room was a bit like a room you might find in a castle...of sorts. In a corner 'tower', it overlooked the courtyard and had an enormous stained glass window depicting the Virgin Mary. It was quite breathtaking. There was also a table with several chairs in a separate eating area, and I am quite sure they offered room service, although I did not use it. I ate at their main dining facility, and remember the food being excellent. I wish I had not waited so long after visiting to post this. But I remember the good, and I also remember it was a bit of an adventure. Go, but spend a few days. There is much to see within just the hotel. The art alone, is worth the trip. Otherwise it was clean with a comfortable bed and above average furnishings, lighting, and decor. Go!

1  Thank 2CGC

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is amazing... romantic night out.. if you can swing staying in the hotel thats great too. several options for dining all are EXCELLENT.. outdoor mexican food under the stars.. beautiful... Duanes steak house is WONDERFUL... the brunch and patio dining is great... the bars and lounge is lovelyt.. the grounds... its just great. wonderful at the holidays. they light it all up..kids go nuts they have reineeer there an ice skating rink, cocoa, donuts.. you name it.. carriage rides.. santa... wonderful.

1  Thank trish m
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We came for a wedding. We loved our room, it was very comfy. The hotel has a couple of very good resturants and a nice lounge with live music ( a big plus). We have stayed here before and loved it then too. The atmosphere is so romantic!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

It's never 100% perfect, but still always a lovely stay. I prefer the Glenwood rooms, anything less is just a hotel room, anything more is overkill for me. I love the room we stay in, it's like waking up in a castle. The hotel is beautiful at night, especially. Make sure you wander everywhere and enjoy the lights and European feeling. The food is very good at all of the restaurants I've eaten at there -- three I believe. It's a treasure and shouldn't be missed. Not the Ritz, but still charming in its own right.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We attended a luncheon at the Inn and it was wonderful. Our party sat in the courtyard and although a little warm, the visual features of the place kept us focused. I ordered an oriental salad with I was not impressed it - not a lot of chicken and the pieces were cut in very small pieces. The salmon looked great and I will get it next time. Even if you don't eat there, go see this most beautiful, historical place. A real national treasure.