“Comfort for the price”

Days Inn Riverside Tyler Mall
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have lived all my life at Riverside (Corana) recently moved out and was back in town after some years. My stay at the Days inn was very welcoming, very clean rooms, friendly staff and over all my accommodation was very comfortable and my visiting area were close too. I could not get the reward points because my booking was through hotels.com. Had extended stay of almost 2 weeks, wish could stay little longer but like everything else "nothing last forever" Whenever I will back in town this is the place I would stay. Great service with friendly people.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Joseph041

Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was happy with my room here and the location is very convenient to every shopping/dining thing you could want. BUT the Internet connection was a HUGE problem. They give you an Ethernet cord, so the signal should be strong, but the server was down for hours at a time. When I would call the front desk, they would rudely tell me "No one ELSE is having a problem" when that turned out NOT to be true--the company that runs the Internet service was in fact having problems. The hotel staff said, in the end, that that was not their fault--but I choose a hotel based on its assurance that I will be able to get online there, as I need to for my job. It IS their responsibility to make good on that assurance, and certainly NOT to be rude about it.
Otherwise, nice range of TV channels, and clean bathroom...but very noisy doors, and people slamming their room doors nearby may prevent easy sleeping. Also, I have no idea how they make the pool look so big in their photo of it. The pool is TINY and pretty much right next to the highway. Not appealing whatsoever.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank flyermontana
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The website says they have free high speed Internet, however it is not wireless and the port in our room didnt work!

When we arrived, the first thing we noticed is that the bathroom sink didn't work. We climbed under the sink to turn on the water and the pipes immediately started to leak. We askednfor a new room and there was no hot water in that room! The staff didn't really care about our complaints just told us to run the water for a while for it to heat up....we did and still didn't get hot water.

The breakfast is a joke....nasty bagels and coffee. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Kelovell
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed 3 nights. On the second night a number of people who had attended a wedding stayed in several rooms at the hotel. They made no attempt to be quiet, but rather stood outside my room laughing, smoking, swearing and just being obnoxious. I called the front desk after about 30 min. to ask for a little help. I know the front desk called therir room because I heard a woman say "The people in that room called to complain." The group still made no effort to be considerate of other guests, and because I was alone, I decided not to confront them myself. In fact I am disturbed that my room number was given out to this rowdy group. The next morning I told the man at the desk about a miserable night and asked if he had any authority to at least compensate me. He said he would look into it. The next day I checked out and I asked about the compensation. I was given $10.00 off my bill. I pointed out that $10.00 was not much, given that I had about 2 hrs. of sleep that night. I was then told that they had made a note of my complaint, but since they didn't hear from me again, they assumed that all was fine. I feel it was their job to make sure all was quiet once a complaint was made, and since the hotel looked to be about 1/2 empty, they should have booked the wedding partiers in their own corner of the property.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I found this hotel through Trip Advisor when needing to work hockey games at the Ice Palace. It was the highest rated and cheapest hotel I could find, while also being super close to the hockey rink.

The front desk staff was very friendly. Amazingly he actually read my request that I might be coming in for a very late check-in. He was also very considerate in asking me and my colleague what floor we'd like to stay on and suggested we go for the 3rd floor as it would be the quietest. He also rocked in allowing us to get our FREE breakfast a little earlier than advertised which was big of him. Though, not the most exciting breakfast on the planet, it was free and had the basic cereal, bagels, danishes, fruit, coffee, and juice. I'll take it!

The room was okay. It took as the weekend to really get a hang of the A/C. Fortunately my colleague put the positive twist on it's amazing noise level, "white noise helps you sleep better."

The most hilarious aspect of our room was that we had 2 Queen size beds that took almost the whole floor plan and then some genius decided to stick in a desk with a chair between the far bed and the bathroom leaving almost no room to navigate. My colleague joked that having to go to the bathroom late at night could be dangerous. As soon as she said that I suggested we find a new home for the giant table. We left it over the nightstand between our beds and I hope they left it there after we checked out because it does NOT belong in such tight quarters.

My colleague absolutely despised the beds. They were quite hard, as in, if you fell just right on the bed you'd fly right back off. But, you were given 4 pillows which I used as blockades against the A/C until we figured it out.

The bathroom must've been newly remodeled and we were quite happy that we were the first to experience the brand new shower curtain (how nice would it be if they could ALWAYS provide a new shower curtain?). Gotta take the little things.

Also, they had an elevator which rocketed up and down which I greatly appreciated.

There's a police station directly across the street so cops were continuously patrolling the neighborhood. I don't know if the last morning we were there someone stole a car from the parking lot, but a car alarm did go off and someone drove away with it on. There are a lot of video cameras, though, so if that did happen . . . The doors, too, sucked. It was really hard to deadbolt the lock and if you did, it was hard to unlatch.

Overall, though, I'm glad I stayed there. It was awesomely close to the rink and I'd happily stay there again for another tournament.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bozobarr
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I was having an early morning outpatient surgery at the Kaiser Hospital across the street and lived an hour and a half away so thought I would spend the nite before at a motel nearby. After reading the reviews on all motels in this area I stopped at this Days inn the week before and checked it outl It seemed clean and the girl at the front desk was friendly and showed me a room and gave me a great night rate for the following week.
i came back the next week and was given a 3rd floor room even though they were not full at all. They did ask me when I made my reservation if I would like a ground floor room but I stated I didn't really care. They were nice enough to ask though.

The hotel is a little older and it shows a little wear and tear here and there, but the room and bed was very clean and I was quite happy with my stay here. It is very close to the big mall down the street and there are plenty of food options close by. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its value and cleanliness!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Desert-Motion
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This isn't "5 star" but its clean, well managed and in an excellent central location. Our 3rd floor room was easy to reach by elevator. The room faced the street but was well insulated from street noise. A/C & heat worked fine. It was a bit larger than most with queen plus sofa bed & room for luggage. Small refrigerator plus microwave were very welcome during our 1 week stay.

The bath electrical outlets were perfect, but the bedroom outlets worked only after careful "adjustment". Bring extension cords. Ethernet worked fine.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple