“Gets the job done”

Days Inn Riverside Tyler Mall
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I found this hotel through Trip Advisor when needing to work hockey games at the Ice Palace. It was the highest rated and cheapest hotel I could find, while also being super close to the hockey rink.

The front desk staff was very friendly. Amazingly he actually read my request that I might be coming in for a very late check-in. He was also very considerate in asking me and my colleague what floor we'd like to stay on and suggested we go for the 3rd floor as it would be the quietest. He also rocked in allowing us to get our FREE breakfast a little earlier than advertised which was big of him. Though, not the most exciting breakfast on the planet, it was free and had the basic cereal, bagels, danishes, fruit, coffee, and juice. I'll take it!

The room was okay. It took as the weekend to really get a hang of the A/C. Fortunately my colleague put the positive twist on it's amazing noise level, "white noise helps you sleep better."

The most hilarious aspect of our room was that we had 2 Queen size beds that took almost the whole floor plan and then some genius decided to stick in a desk with a chair between the far bed and the bathroom leaving almost no room to navigate. My colleague joked that having to go to the bathroom late at night could be dangerous. As soon as she said that I suggested we find a new home for the giant table. We left it over the nightstand between our beds and I hope they left it there after we checked out because it does NOT belong in such tight quarters.

My colleague absolutely despised the beds. They were quite hard, as in, if you fell just right on the bed you'd fly right back off. But, you were given 4 pillows which I used as blockades against the A/C until we figured it out.

The bathroom must've been newly remodeled and we were quite happy that we were the first to experience the brand new shower curtain (how nice would it be if they could ALWAYS provide a new shower curtain?). Gotta take the little things.

Also, they had an elevator which rocketed up and down which I greatly appreciated.

There's a police station directly across the street so cops were continuously patrolling the neighborhood. I don't know if the last morning we were there someone stole a car from the parking lot, but a car alarm did go off and someone drove away with it on. There are a lot of video cameras, though, so if that did happen . . . The doors, too, sucked. It was really hard to deadbolt the lock and if you did, it was hard to unlatch.

Overall, though, I'm glad I stayed there. It was awesomely close to the rink and I'd happily stay there again for another tournament.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank bozobarr
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Riverside Tyler Mall

Reviewed August 19, 2010

I was having an early morning outpatient surgery at the Kaiser Hospital across the street and lived an hour and a half away so thought I would spend the nite before at a motel nearby. After reading the reviews on all motels in this area I stopped at this Days inn the week before and checked it outl It seemed clean and the girl at the front desk was friendly and showed me a room and gave me a great night rate for the following week.
i came back the next week and was given a 3rd floor room even though they were not full at all. They did ask me when I made my reservation if I would like a ground floor room but I stated I didn't really care. They were nice enough to ask though.

The hotel is a little older and it shows a little wear and tear here and there, but the room and bed was very clean and I was quite happy with my stay here. It is very close to the big mall down the street and there are plenty of food options close by. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its value and cleanliness!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Desert-Motion
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This isn't "5 star" but its clean, well managed and in an excellent central location. Our 3rd floor room was easy to reach by elevator. The room faced the street but was well insulated from street noise. A/C & heat worked fine. It was a bit larger than most with queen plus sofa bed & room for luggage. Small refrigerator plus microwave were very welcome during our 1 week stay.

The bath electrical outlets were perfect, but the bedroom outlets worked only after careful "adjustment". Bring extension cords. Ethernet worked fine.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We stopped through Riverside on our way to San Diego. The staff was really nice and our room had it all. For the price you couldn't complain.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Had no problem checking early afternoon. Front desk was courteous. I was there for a conference and didn't stay in the room other than to sleep, so I found the economical rates extremely reasonable. The location is close to several restaurants, and easy to get to from the freeway. The room was clean and basic. I plan to stay there again for my next conference there in August. Happy travels!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Huge room but tiny pool. Very friendly service and really fast free wired net. This hotel was really a good deal for its price (less than 60 bucks/night with taxes).

Good stopover for shoppers, just a block or so away from a mall. Loads of dining options around.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I like this place. I travel a lot on business, and needed a base in Riverside on two occcasions recently for 2 days/nights each. The Days Inn Tyler was excellent. First time, late arrival (1 AM) was handled nicely; the Manager came to the office window quickly, handled my reservation rapidly, and gave me a very nice room. Second time was just as fast, so they're consistent. Rooms were extremely clean, with hard-wired (FAST!) Internet, comfortable beds, and extremely nicely done housekeeping of the type usually only seen in 5-star hotels. My first room had a piece of damaged carpet, admittedly, but that was minor. Air conditioning (critical in Riverside) was fast and effective. A small microwave and refridgerator were nice touches. The bed had 4 pillows. The clock alarm was new. I got a great sleep, and the continental breakfast, while modest (cereal, milk, juice, coffee, bagels/packaged pastry), some apples/oranges was good. Free newspaper. Restaurants are nearby from fast-food to middle-level. Pool was small but extremely clean. Very safe; police came through the lot each night just checking. I couldn't find anything about this place not to like. No, it's not a resort. Yes, it's clean, comfortable, and great value.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BoltzMan