“Nice basic hotel, nothing to complain”

Days Inn Riverside Tyler Mall
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Finland
“Nice basic hotel, nothing to complain”
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Huge room but tiny pool. Very friendly service and really fast free wired net. This hotel was really a good deal for its price (less than 60 bucks/night with taxes).

Good stopover for shoppers, just a block or so away from a mall. Loads of dining options around.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I like this place. I travel a lot on business, and needed a base in Riverside on two occcasions recently for 2 days/nights each. The Days Inn Tyler was excellent. First time, late arrival (1 AM) was handled nicely; the Manager came to the office window quickly, handled my reservation rapidly, and gave me a very nice room. Second time was just as fast, so they're consistent. Rooms were extremely clean, with hard-wired (FAST!) Internet, comfortable beds, and extremely nicely done housekeeping of the type usually only seen in 5-star hotels. My first room had a piece of damaged carpet, admittedly, but that was minor. Air conditioning (critical in Riverside) was fast and effective. A small microwave and refridgerator were nice touches. The bed had 4 pillows. The clock alarm was new. I got a great sleep, and the continental breakfast, while modest (cereal, milk, juice, coffee, bagels/packaged pastry), some apples/oranges was good. Free newspaper. Restaurants are nearby from fast-food to middle-level. Pool was small but extremely clean. Very safe; police came through the lot each night just checking. I couldn't find anything about this place not to like. No, it's not a resort. Yes, it's clean, comfortable, and great value.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BoltzMan
Northern California
Reviewed March 12, 2007

My family and I were in-route from Laughlin Nevada to San Diego California. We decided to stop over in Riverside to see some family along the way. We decided to stay for the night, and saw a coupon for this property (in one of those traveler's discount guides.) The Days Inn was pretty easy to find, but I was a bit apprehensive about wanting to stay there (The area looked a bit scarry.) We checked into a two-queen room, and were quite suprised. The room looked really clean, and updated. There was even a fridge and a microwave in the room, which was an added bonus. The noise from the nearby street was a bit loud, but not too bad. One downfall, don't plan on getting a 'full belly' from their free breakfast. Nothing more then a few packaged rolls, and fruit (seemed that we missed the good stuff maybe?)

Stayed March 2007
6 Thank brinaim
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2005

We found the toilet to be VERY slow draining. I offered to unpluge it myself but they could not find a plunger. I talked to the manager in person as he was walking past my room and he told me there was nothing he could do. I asked if we could be moved to one of the many empty rooms with a working toilet, he said they had more beds in those rooms and he could not move us. I asked him to call his boss, " I am the boss and there is nothing I can do ". We had to pay for the room that night but next day we moved acoss the street to the Best Western Hotel. Days inn, NEVER AGAIN

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member