“This marriott needs a renovation”

Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. I typically like to stay at major hotel chains like Marriott, hyatt, hilton for the points, and for reliability. This Marriott was not up to typical standards. I have noted on my travels that lots of Courtyards are now starting to renovate. This one should be on the list.

The service was good, but the lobby and elevator had weird smells. I couldn't quite place it, but it wasn't a good smell. The elevator is hydraulic, which for anyone who knows, is slow. What makes it paticularlly slow is the hotel is 6 stories. The room was dated, but clean.

Now a couple of good features. The rooms had a mini fridge and mirowave, which I found to be nice. Also, the internet was not wireless, but it was one of the fastest internet speed I have had at a hotel, which is great for business trips.

Breakfast was fine with buffett, omelet bar, and ala cart. The price was normal for a Marriott. I had an omelet, potatoes, toast, OJ and coffee for $8.95.

Overall it was fine, but probably more expensive then the worth. A Clarion Inn or something like that is next door. I might check the features on that hotel before I would check this one,

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank spoons99

Reviewed August 16, 2007

Marriott Courtyard is a nice hotel, but definitely not worth the price. The price per night was high, so I was expecting a larger room, larger bathroom, and a free continental breakfast for the high price of $139/night, but I was quite disappointed. The room was quite small, and, despite the high (for the area) price, breakfast was not included unless we paid $10 extra per night. I would not recommend the hotel because of its high price, and there was nothing special about the experience. On the positive side, the room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
Tracie

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank tilted
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I stayed at the Marriot on business.

It was a very nice and clean hotel. It was upscale. It had a restaurant, bar, and gift shop/cafe area.

The front staff was nice and had a refrigerator put in my room when I requested one.

I had dinner at the restaurant one night. I didn't think they had a big selection on the menu or a variety of foods. I also thought it was a little overproced, but the service was good.

I ordered room service for breakfast. It was the first time I had ever used room service. I left the card of what I wanted on my door knob and it was dleievered at the time I had circled. The room service attendant was very friendly and didn't push for extra tips. ( Gratuity is incldued but you can add more)

The room was modern and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms were also quiet.

There is a wnderful Historic Landmark in walking diatnce called the Mission Inn which is nice to walk around and have dinner. There are also restaurants and a mall about 10 minutes away if you drive.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I decided on the Marriott Courtyard Riverside based on Tripadvisor review. My stay in the Courtyard was average. The hotel clerk was very friendly and allow us to check in early, at 10:00AM. The room was very average based on the price that we paid, we stayed in much nicer rooms for less. The bathroom door looked like it has seen better days, although the bathroom did appear clean and spotless.
Location was very convenient if you are visiting U.C. Riverside, about 5 minute drive. It was also close to downtown, about 5 minute drive. The Mission Inn was very pretty at night. Overall, an average stay.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Love2travel888
Reviewed January 8, 2006

Didn't know where to stay so I did research on the NET and chose the Courtyard by Marriott. We got there around noon and Rene gave us an early check-in. He was very friendly and helpful.

Hotel is located in a nicer, quiet part of Riverside. The Courtyard presents itself very well. Room 334 was very large, had a balcony, refrigerator, iron, microwave, the usual. The bed was awesome, very plush, not the typical hotel cheapie.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank RandyPalmer
A TripAdvisor Member
Fremont, CA
Reviewed October 15, 2003

What a delightful hotel! Excellent, friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. Clean, quiet, spacious rooms. From our 5th floor room we had a lovely view of sunrise over the mountains. The cafe downstairs serves a very good breakfast buffet, although it's a little overpriced ($8.95 for a waffle). The location is very good, with restaurants and movie theaters close by. We would definitely stay here again.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 26, 2003

This is a relatively new hotel. Therefore, it was very clean and nicely decorated. It is centrally located between the university and downtown with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. A great place to stay if you find yourself in Riverside for whatever reason. Parking is free.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member