“Did the trick - clean hotel, easily accessible”

Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Did the trick - clean hotel, easily accessible”
Reviewed December 5, 2009

Business trip - 3 nights
I had to work up near Iowa and Columbia streets in Riverside for 5 days early December. Stayed at this place and it only took 5 mins to get to the plant from University, which is where this hotel is located.
The hotel was very clean. I do not know what happened my third night, the vacuuming of the halls was going on up to 9 pm at night. That was the only time this happened. Regardless, the room was clean. The door knob to the bathroom seemed like it had been old, or replaced, just struck me odd. The bathroom was a bit dark and the sink area was not big enough.
Fitness room - used it everynight. Free weights and 2 treadmills, bike and eliptical. Adequate, HOWEVER, every day I had to ask them to adjust the air conditioning. Seemed like the whole lobby area on down the hall to the fitness room was hot. But they quickly adjusted it and put a fan in there as well.
Staff - very helpful with food recommendations.
I walked 1 block up to Cask n Cleaver one night, then walked to the Templo del Sol (I think) mexican place one night. I drove about 2 miles to Cia Bella which was not worth it, even though the food was good - service was HORRID. Maybe because I was a single ? Who knows? For breakfast, IHOP is about 1 1/2 blocks away, you could walk or drive.
Overall, this hotel served my purpose, close to work, clean and felt safe. Not exactly TONS of eating places right nearby, but worked out for me just fine.
Never stayed in a courtyard before; thought it may have been a little bit nicer than it was, but was okay. no free breakfast. They have a dining room though for it (probably overpriced) and have a bar in the evenings Check out farmerboys on iowa, good food!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank KKJACKS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 6, 2009

The hotel itself is nothing superb, but the location in Riverside is quite good. The hotel is in close proximity to the University and walking distance to a ton of places to eat. When I arrived I was given a free beverage for being a rewards member. The room was a good size with a nice flat screen TV. If I end up in Riverside again I would probably look to stay here again as the rate (AAA) was about $100 for a weekday.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank tcouncil
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Nice room, everything you would want including a mini-fridge, Marriott does it again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Riverside during a business trip to the area. The hotel is located pretty close to downtown, and very close to the UC Riverside campus. The hotel was very clean, and the front desk was very helpful in providing me area information for local restaurants. The hotel provided free internet throughout, and a business center with free printing in the lobby. There is even a full bar, which served food, in the lobby where guests were enjoying a drink while they worked on their laptops. I was very pleased with my stay at the Courtyard Riverside. The service was better than many of the other business hotels I have stayed at over the years, and the rooms all had microwaves and mini-fridges. I would absolutely recommend the Courtyard Riverside to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank DealMakerDallas
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed February 6, 2009

Pretty standard Courtyard room.. although this had newer furniture and LCD TV. What I appreciate about the Courtyard chain is that you pretty much know what you are getting, which to me is a slight cut above most standard hotel chains. What I also really appreciate is free Internet access - invaluable for me while traveling. Otherwise, the Courtyard is a very good value hotel, that I feel I can count on quality wise.

• Liked — Free Internet Access
  • Disliked — Parking was adequate, but not the best...
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Last week I had the opportunity to stay at the Courtyard Riverside during a business trip throughout Southern California and had a positive experience. The room was clean and accommodating with all of the standard Courtyard amenities, including high speed internet. One little touch that I hadn’t seen at other courtyards I’ve stayed at were electrical outlets on the wall beside the bed. If you’ve ever tried to move a nightstand or dresser to get to an outlet to plug your phone or laptop into, you know how convenient having something like that is. The morning hot breakfast buffet was well maintained and had everything on it you’d expect (eggs, omelet station, waffles, juices, cereal, fruit, etc.). The hotel is also located just on the edge of the UC Riverside campus and there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance (if you like Vietnamese food there was an inexpensive little diner in University Village which in only like 2 blks from the hotel). One bit of fun trivia is that there is a historic site right on the property. Attached to the pool is the Weber House which according to the plaque was built by an architect significant to California in the 1920’s and is maintained by a historic preservation group. Kind of different to see something like that in what you would typically expect to be a cookie cutter chain hotel. The hotel’s location is convenient to the highway and downtown Riverside and was only about a 15 minute drive to the Ontario, CA Airport. Lastly, the only minor inconvenience I experienced during the stay was my key not working on my second night. But rather then send me up with another key again to try my luck, they did go the extra step to have me escorted up by an engineering staff member to ensure I could get in on my second try. I wish all hotels could figure out that little things like that are what prevents minor blips from becoming an annoyance to their guests.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank oakcliffguy73
purplelady54
Reviewed January 27, 2008

We were coming into Riverside for a Wedding and needed 3 rooms for our family. We read the reviews of the hotels close to the Wedding and reception. Eventhough, the reviews weren't great for this hotel the location was perfect. We were so surprised as to how clean, comfortable, and friendly everyone we encountered on the staff were to us. Our children thanked us several times for getting them such nice accomodations. It made a wonderful Wedding weekend even nicer having somewhere nice and comfortable to stay.

• Liked — Its overall cleanliness and attractive appearness.
  • Disliked — Eventhough, the area is becoming more upscale there are still some undesirables walking the streets nearby.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family