“Convenient for us...”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
California
“Convenient for us...”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Being a Marriott Silver Elite member, early check -in and late check out was accommodated. The room was nice and clean. The king size bedroom have a small sitting area which was pretty cozy. Bathroom was also clean and stocked accordingly. Everything in the room was as expected of a Marriott franchise. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets. No complaint here.

Mario and Antonio was friendly and proffessional. But they did forget to give my guest the breakfast voucher upon check in, so it was somewhat a hassle when we had to go back to the front desk (after we were already seated for breakfast) to retrieve the voucher. Breakfast buffet selection was alright - bacon, eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, fresh fruit and etc.... I did enjoy their biscuits and gravy. Gravy was creamy with bits of ham - yummy.

As far as I'm concern, the area where this hotel stands is not a bad neighborhood. It's located close to the University (UCR) so there's a lot of students/"youngin's". The hotel itself have a well lit free parking space which is really convenient for hotel guest.

The reason why I'm not giving this Courtyard Marriot a much higher rating because of the price. My guest paid $135 overnight on a weekend. I guess that is not bad with breakfast included. However, there's another Courtyard with same amenities and breakfast included for much less... Unfortunately, the location was not convenient for us. Had this hotel charged us less than $100/night, it would have been worth it and I would have rated our experience here a 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Thor G
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Hello mrsejudd
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for my hotel. As the GM it is really nice to have positive feedback. My staff takes great pride in a job well done. As for the rates, we are always running promotions and specials with great stay offers. Don’t be shy to ask the next time you call to see if we have one available. Thank you for staying with Courtyard by Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Schenectady, New York, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was the first time I had stayed at a Marriott and I have to say I was very impressed. As a former front desk clerk at a Choice Hotel I was probably more picky than your normal guest. The staff was awesome...with this training we were working from 8am to 330 am the next day all weekend.The staff was very friendly and accomodating at all hours. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Having the bar in the lobby was a plus. The only suggestion I do have is that when the Montelongo Seminars are in town it would benefit greatly for you to have the bar open on the Sunday night.Lots of business went elsewhere on the Sunday night as the bar is closed on Sundays. I will return to the Courtyard again for a pleasure trip next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimberly D
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Hello KimberlyD

Courtyard’s motto for our guest’s is, “Is there anything else I can do for you?” I am glad that my staff was able to anticipate and deliver exceptional service during your intensive training during your conference. We really appreciate your feedback and will make sure we have the bar open during all nights of the next conference. The Courtyard by Marriott-Riverside extends a big thank you and looks forward to your next visit.

General Manager.
Riverside, California
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is my first experience with this hotel. No complimentary breakfast, but they do have full service breakfast for $10+. Rate is higher than average, especially for the size of room and dining area. After switching from Residence Inn to this Courtyard, I am thankful that I do not claustrophobia for this place is way way too small.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Hello JL

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I understand that after coming from a Residence Inn to a Courtyard you would feel the room was small. The Residence Inn by Marriott is designed for long term living. The rooms are specifically designed to be larger so that it takes the place of your home or apartment. Our hotel was designed for short term use. We are not equipped with larger living quarters or kitchens because the average length of stay is typically 1 to 3 nights. Residence Inn by Marriott is a great choice if you are planning on a long term stay or traveling with a large family. We are a great choice if you are looking for a hotel that has included amenities such as parking and internet, but for a short term. I would be happy to discuss your stay further if you care to contact me by email at cy.ralcy.gm@marriott.com or by phone at 951-276-1200. I look forward to your next stay so that my staff and I can deliver you exceptional customer service.

VA
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed one night only, arriving late and leaving early. But this was one of the better Courtyards in a chain that's usually dependable, but sometimes leaves you hanging.

Staff was very friendly and had a game with prizes for Marriott Rewards members. Nice touch.

Never used the TV or Internet, but the bed was comfy and the room was nice enough. Location is convenient to two freeways. Didn't look like much of anything you could walk to.

My room rate included breakfast, but I had to leave too early to take advantage. Note that Courtyards do not automatically come with breakfast.

Wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Hello Weglow4
I love to read reviews about the hotel. It is my goal that every stay is restful and enjoyable. I am glad you find our beds comfortable for that is a key element to a good night sleep. I am very sorry you were unable to receive a good night sleep, due to street noise. I am having my engineering team evaluate the room to increase the sound proofing of the room to prevent further disturbances. I would be happy to discuss your stay further if you care to contact me by email at cy.ralcy.gm@marriott.com or by phone at 951-276-1200. Thank so very much for your repeat stays at our hotel. I look forward to your next stay so that I can wipe clean your previous experience and deliver the exceptional customer service my staff lives to provide.
Las Vegas
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed here in the past. The beds are awesome! The hotel itself is ok. However, this time I stayed in room 202. It was the worst weekend of sleep I have ever had! We have a balcony facing the street (University) which has very loud traffic all night long. You also hear train whistles blowing long and hard through out the night and day. The windows do not protect you from the outside sound, and even if they did the inside noise was also terrible. We were awoken the first night at 1am by the sounds of what could only be described as a washing machine in our room. It continued on for almost an hour before we called the desk. Whatever the sound was, they were able to stop it. You also hear everything in the next room---showers, toilets, doors closing, etc. i like this hotel in general, but the noise this visit was unbearable.

Room Tip: NOT a room at the street end of the hotel--or with a balconey!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, California
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was here not long ago for a wedding for my best friend and i stayed here for 4days/night.The service was great along with the staff and cleanliness and very professional. I highly recommend this place to anyone regardless of the reason. I cant say enough good things about this hotel.The only thing that i was shocked about was the gym/workout facility...but regardless of that little thing. I support their business and next time i am in the area,they we be seeing me again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nickkatt
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Hello, My name is Melanie Gilson and I am the general manager of the Courtyard by Marriott, Riverside. I am really glad to hear your stay was an awesome one. It can be so stressful traveling for important events, especially one as important as your best friend’s wedding. It was our pleasure to insure your stay was effortless, so you could fully enjoy this special time. Thank you for your review.
Las Vegas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is close to UC Riverside. Just about every kind of fast food/bar/restaurant located very close. The rooms were very clean. Love the bed and pillows. We had several mechanical problems with our room- no light in bathroom, toilet not working properly, and then A/C not on (needed to flip a circuit switch) While engineering was very kind and Edith at the front desk was very nice, I ended up having to switch rooms. It would have been nice if they would have offered a free breakfast or something for all the trouble. It is odd that this hotel doesnt have any sort of free breakfast, but it does have free wifi, so that is great! Showers were clean, big and had good water pressure.

Room Tip: both of my rooms were quiet and very clean
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Hello Weglow4
My name is Melanie Gilson and I am the General Manager. I love to read reviews about the hotel. It is my goal that every stay is restful and enjoyable. Knowing how busy we are in life, I really appreciate all the feedback even if it is 50% good and 50% bad. I realize in delivering exceptional service we missed a step and I take this very seriously. I would like to invite you back to the hotel to see the improvements that have been made since your last stay and offer you complimentary breakfast. By the middle of next year we will be fully renovated and you will be able to enjoy a full restaurant with Breakfast, Dinner, Lounge and Starbucks. We look forward to making up the blemishes of your last stay and having you enjoy our new amenities.