Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area
$79
$129
$84
$69
All reviewsfront desknice hotelcomfortable roomsuniversity avewalking distanceking roomwould recommend this hotel to anyonelate checkhousekeeping staffconvenient locationnice roomconvention centermission innbistrokatlobbybrent
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is close to UC Riverside. Just about every kind of fast food/bar/restaurant located very close. The rooms were very clean. Love the bed and pillows. We had several mechanical problems with our room- no light in bathroom, toilet not working properly, and then A/C not on (needed to flip a circuit switch) While engineering was very kind and Edith at the front desk was very nice, I ended up having to switch rooms. It would have been nice if they would have offered a free breakfast or something for all the trouble. It is odd that this hotel doesnt have any sort of free breakfast, but it does have free wifi, so that is great! Showers were clean, big and had good water pressure.

Room Tip: both of my rooms were quiet and very clean
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Hello Weglow4
My name is Melanie Gilson and I am the General Manager. I love to read reviews about the hotel. It is my goal that every stay is restful and enjoyable. Knowing how busy we are in life, I really appreciate all the feedback even if it is 50% good and 50% bad. I realize in delivering exceptional service we missed a step and I take this very seriously. I would like to invite you back to the hotel to see the improvements that have been made since your last stay and offer you complimentary breakfast. By the middle of next year we will be fully renovated and you will be able to enjoy a full restaurant with Breakfast, Dinner, Lounge and Starbucks. We look forward to making up the blemishes of your last stay and having you enjoy our new amenities.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Not super familiar with riverside but the hotel seemed to be located well. Clean and pretty quiet.

Room Tip: Comfortable rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Hello SandraBur
It is always a pleasure to see my guests taking the time to review my hotel. My staff and I truly appreciate your feedback and I invite you, the next time you are in town to stop by and say hello. I love to meet my guests and hear their thoughts. Here’s to many great travels ahead!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I stayed here for work and had just come from a very UNfriendly hotel. I was greeted by Jante and Edith at the front desk and they completely changed my mood. In addition to fulfilling my request for a top floor room with a king bed, they were friendly and more than willing to help with anything else I needed. My stay was 6 nights, but I'll be telling everyone I know to stay at this Courtyard in Riverside!

PROS:
Staff!
Large bathrooms
Couch in KING room
On-site laundry
Free WiFi
Free parking
Easy access to major freeways

CONS:
Older styling (although flat screen TVs were in the rooms)
Limited bar hours
AirCon is noisy
Elevators a bit slow

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank OpEd
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Hello OpEd,

Receiving feedback about my staff, good or bad is alway welcomed but to hear that my Front Desk Agent's were able to put you in a good mood, is a very rewarding comment. Thank you for taking the time to post your feeling on tripadvisor.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

Stayed for the 3rd time at this hotel May 2 - 4th. I called ahead and asked for a room far from elevator and stairs and was no problem. Room was on quiet end of 5th floor. Nice sunset views (even if overlooking the open land and comfort inn next door), you can still see palms and mountains!
Stayed again for business, only few miles from the manufacturing plant on Columbia. Easy commute.
Management is changing, another frequent visitor advised they may try to spruse the place up a bit. While clean, it is tired and fixtures need replacing.
Did not eat this time in the local eateries. I drove about 10 mins over to downtown Riverside and dined at Las Campanas at the Mission Inn. Will review separately, worth the visit, a little steep for the food quality but very quaint outside dining available.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank KKJACKS

Hello KKJacks,

I truely appreciate your reviews of my hotel. The next time you are in Riverside and choose to stay at the Courtyard I would to say hello and express my appreciation to your loyalty to our brand.

The hotel is continuing to improve so please do not hesitate to ask about any upcoming updates.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I arrived around 10 pm, tired and ready for sleep. The check-in process could not have been faster. Clearly they were expecting me, had a room pre-assigned exactly according to my specifications, and in not more than 15 seconds, I was on my way up the elevator. Kudos to the check-in process. Everything else is standard Courtyard, albeit a bit dated as per other reviews. But I had a good night's sleep, and everything went well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mshbnyehud

Hello mshbnyehud,

Thank you so much for your review. My staff strives to make our guests comfortable during their stay. I am glad that we were able to get you off to bed quickly after a long exhausting day of travel.

We are working on our hotel updates. By the end of July we will have ugraded our cable package so that during your evening you may be entertained with a wide verity of premium channels.