“Theft and criminal threats...from the manager!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed one night with two friends and we moved some stuff around in the room (NOTE: moved not damaged in any way). Next thing I know I have a $100 charge on my card (aside from what I paid for the room itself), I disputed the charge with the manager and he would not refund more than $50, so I took it and disputed the remaining $50 with my credit card (mind you he admits nothing was broken but claims he had to hire someone to move everything back where it was) then he calls me to come and discuss the matter in person - when I arrived, he pulled a gun and threatened to shoot me (literally) the authorities were called and I, for one, will gladly sleep on the sidewalk before I ever step foot in this place again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
gmca775, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I did not have a gun and your accusation are false. I hope you find other lodging where you can remove items off wall and place furniture and pictures in their jacuzzi tubs. I know you said you were drunk but that is not an excuse for your actions.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights. Got off to a bad start when attempted to take my luggage using the elevator. The cleaning staff held it up on the 2nd floor, then when it finally arrived, it still had their laundry shuttles in the elevator. There wasn't any room to board with my rolling luggage. The room wasn't too bad, a lot of little things wrong with it (e.g. missing stopper in sink, large black smudge on the sheets of one of the beds that was never replaced during my stay, etc.) First morning went to continental breakfast, and there was no coffee. Not much food left either, so I just went out. Several nights had very noisy neighbors and slamming doors. I was in town for business. The room rate was not expensive, so I guess this is more like an economy hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked reservation and paid 317 at check-in for 4 night stay. paid with credit card in full. found a pending charge on credit card statement next morning put through by hotel itself, to cover "potential damages". the charge was 123. nothing was explained at check in, which is deceitful. and, how can one charge for something that hasn't happened and won't. it's highway robbery. now my credit card is tied up for days. most importantly, the deceptive business practice is illegal, and what kind of people stay here that this kind of extravagant non-fee must be accrued. why should i, a decent law abiding business traveller be punished for the acts of others?

Room Tip: ask about this 40% surcharge before you actually check in. you might change your mind and find a pla...
Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank james f
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Soooo not good ! at first i thought it would be great. the room was big and the day manager was extremely pleasant and kind. his kindness unfortunately was the nicest thing about our stay. and far surpassed by the lack of customer care that the night manager provided.

when i turned on the whirlpool jets a huge clump of slimy black hair flew out.
there were no sheets for the sleeper pull out. when i asked the night manager for sheets she told me the room wasn't supposed to have a pull out !! i explained that the only reason i took the room was because it had a pullout for the kids to sleep on and she again said "well it's not supposed to have one". I said regardless of your opinion there is one and my kids need sheets and blankets to sleep on.

she said fine she'd get me some sheets, when i went to leave to return to my room she said "i'm not bringing them up" and hurried over to hand them to me.

i pulled out the sleeper and found black stuff on the mattress, bugs or not thats what the kids thought it was they were totally grossed out.

when i spread out the comforter it had a huge stain right in the middle that looked like PEE. i tried to get the kids to stop freaking out and said let's just turn it over. it smelled like bleach so i'm sure it was clean but when we flipped it over the stain was even bigger and darker on the other side.

back down to the night manager to ask for a non PEE blanket and she huffed about it and said she'd bring me a new one. i stepped on the elevator and before the door could close she shoved a jenky cheap brown fleece like blanket thru the elevator door. when i spread that out it had HOLES IN IT !!!

there were dead bugs in the light fixtures.

it was the worst hotel stay ever. my kids felt better sleeping on the floor than they did in the bed !!

NEVER AGAIN ... don't believe me? I TOOK PICTURES !!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Booked room off Priceline. Photos available are very much deceiving. Hotel in general was dirty. Room smelled horrible. Chair had large hole in it. Bedspreads were filthy. There was blood on the curtains. Closet door (mirror) was cracked. Shower/tub was awful. Walls and doors were dirty. No desk chair. Carpet had so many stains. AC did not work. The only good thing was the location- easy to find, right off interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Messed up shower heads, unattached towel racks, low quality continental breakfast, dirty jacuzzi, on 4th floor ticking and bang noise from air conditioning unit. My air conditioner stopped working after turning it back on, refilled toiletries , stained sheets and pillows, smelly room. It was really bad and dirty overall. The only nice thing at quality inn was the man at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2012
gmca775, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Guest, I do apologize for the issues in the room. I thank you for your comments. I have looked into these issues and have repaired the towel bar which was loose, also I have serviced the air condition, I think that it was the normal sounds of that unit. Again I do apologize and do hope that you will come to our hotel again and I will make sure you have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

The pictures on the website are very deceiving. I had stayed at this hotel years ago when it was newer and owned by a different chain. When we stayed previously the rooms were nice and well kept. Now they are worn and look run down. We rented a King room with a jacuzzi. There was hair in the tub and the mirror above the jacuzzi was very messed up, kinda looked like there was blood on the mirror too. The sink did not drain either. There were holes in the bedspread and sheets from cigarette burns. The price was ok but I woulld never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
gmca775, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Guest, I would like to apologize for your unhappy experience at our Hotel. I would like to thank you for your comments. These comments help us with issues as stated about the sink and cleaniness. Again I do hope that you will come to stay with us in the future. Please do not let this 1 experience reflect on our Hotel. Sincerely Mgmt.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#8 of 24 in Riverside
Ayres Hotel Corona East / Riverside

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!