“Nice Marriott/Great Customer Service”

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott for business and found it to be a very pleasant stay. The rooms are very clean and nicely appointed. I found the air conditioning to be a little noisy when it clicked on but I got used to it quickly. One thing I did miss was a room safe. They do offer safety boxes but I would have liked to have one in my room. The hotel itself is quiet but you can hear the train passing by occasionally. The customer service at this Marriott is excellent. Every employee I interacted with was professional but friendly. There was always a good morning from every employee I interacted with. I did eat in their restaurant for breakfast and dinner and found it to be very good. Their breakfast plates are plentiful and they do have a breakfast buffet which I did not try. All in all a pleasant stay. I would not hesitate to stay in this facility again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located and well priced. I stayed for the holiday weekend and was thrilled with the excellence to customer service. I did not have a car and needed to get to a location over 3 miles away. The front desk offered a ride from the shuttle driver. The location was perfect for the lighting ceremony festivities and walking distance to many great eateries, stores and met all my needs perfectly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
socialmediacoord, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Riverside Marriott. We always strive to provide our guest with exceptional guest service and we are happy to achieved that goal during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here overnight while seeing The Festival of Lights. Rooms and bathrooms are a wee bit smaller than other Marriott's. We asked for and got a room overlooking the Convention Ctr and Mission Inn and got it. When we got to the room it was a little further down so we made our request to be moved and they made us new room keys and brought them to us. Had dinner there after the FoL and the food was great and our server (Erica?) was kind, funny and just awesome!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant. Your comments have been shared with the staff and we hope to welcome you back soon or for the next Festival of Lights.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I hadn't been there for a couple of years, but it was a pleasant experience. The hotel lobby and bar have been renovated and the hotel is well situated to downtown areas and within easy walk if you don;'t want to eat in. Room service was very good, and the bar nice to relax in.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th, and had little or no noise.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've lived at the Marriott Riverside off-and-on for over 2-years. The Marriott Girls (Vanessa, Karmina, and Michelle) always welcome me with a big smile and a warm hello. If it was not for them, my stay in Riverside would suck! I forget her name but the hostess on the concierge floor is great and fun to talk too. The food is good but could be better. The hotel is in prime location next to the convention center. If I am having a bad day the Marriott Girls know how to pick me up. And trust me; I have bad days. The view from the hotel overlooking the mountain is breathe-taking. Two Thumbs UP!!

Room Tip: Talk to Karmina Valdes. Tell her Esteban sent you. She is GREAT in providing customer service, ens...
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were there for the 36th Annual Mission Inn Marathon and yes I waited too long to book something. Luckily the Marriott had room (I'm a member) and took me in. Turn's out this was a good thing even though the Marriott was not my first choice. The Marathon race started on the corner intersection of the hotel so I was able to get some great pictures of thousands of runners waiting to start the race. The other great thing was you walk out the door and you're at the race. No parking issues or anything like that. And when the race was over I was showered and having breakfast while people were still catching their breath. As for the hotel, It's older but very kept up. The rooms were decent and the staff helpful. Didn't try any of the hotel food but that's only because there were so many choices within a short walking distance. Overall, we had a good time and would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel sits on a major road junction to the front and the rail track to the back. So neither side that quiet. Rooms are good and spacious and everything works well. It's a little costly, but the staff are great and location very convenient for the nice town centre. Gym could do with being larger (it was full at 4.30am!)

Room Tip: Go high and take the road side - it;s the lesser of two evils
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and great staff service. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Riverside. If I may ever assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.