“Not bad for being in Riverside”

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
San Diego, California
“Not bad for being in Riverside”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We checked in after 10pm and checked out at 7am, so my wife and I did not spent a lot of time in the hotel.

Due to our Marriott status we were given a room on the concierge level. The bathroom was a bit small but the room was adequate in size. At first, I thought the street noise was going to impact our sleep, however it was not an issue.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for you continued loyalty with the Marriott brand. Although you did not spend a lot of time in the hotel, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your room on the concierge level. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you have more time to enjoy all the great amenities we have to offer.

If I may ever assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Chad Thompson, General Manager 951-784-8000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Yucca Valley, California, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Where to start.
This hotel changed the way I think of Marriott.As a gold and platinum member at other hotel chains I have stayed away from Marriott because of something in the past but this hotel changed all that.
We booked a total of 32 rooms for my daughter's wedding that was being held close by. At first we had a little problem with the marketing dept. but after that everyone on the staff made it one of the best stays ever.
I want to send a personal THANK YOU to Diane Aaby. She worked with us on everything we did. Every time I booked something wrong she was able to fix it. All the guests were put close together on the same floor and she was always so happy to help.
The staff was great from check to check out. There was a time after the wedding when everyone was back at the hotel that our noise level was a little to loud and the staff handled it with skill. Karmina the front office manager was great.She kept someone around in case they needed the shuttle and in general took very good care of us,THANK YOU.
I have not stayed in a Marriott in a while but this hotel changed that.
Thank You for making my daughters wedding that much better!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark H
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here one night while daughter touring UC Riverside. Got upgraded due to status. Nice hotel, nice room. They had the standard wanky Marriott in-room coffee machines which I think are kinda stupid and almost an insult for a full service hotel. That said, the lounge is big and the price was pretty good for a full-service; I paid $106 for the night. One complaint was that the front desk staff was really not knowledgeable about local parking opportunities. I asked if I could park on the street, and they said that It would be free until 0600 after which I'd be ticketed. No ... turns out it's free til 0900 and all weekends. Like the coffee; weak for a full service hotel. However, if daughter goes to UC R, I'll be back.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kenblakely
La Mirada, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night after a seminar. Don't expect any extra bells & whistles. Room was fine, bathroom was small! Within walking distance to Mission Inn & shops on Main...great restaurants too.
Noticed a LOT of groups checking in & the hotel appears to be more business then resort :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear we were able to accommodate you during your one night stay in Riverside after your seminar. With our central location in Riverside, we are a great hotel for both business and leisure travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

What a wonderful experience, thank you Marriott!
After a flight cancellation I made it to the hotel at almost midnight and was delighted when the lady at reception recognized my elite status and upgraded me to a room on the concierge level. The 12th floor has a fantastic view!

Breakfast the next day was better than most hotels I've stayed in.
Bed was comfy, and room was clean.

My only gripe is that the shower didn't go hot enough, and the water pressure wasn't strong enough. I left the shower without feeling the intense shower relaxation I look forward to in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice Marriott with pretty standard Marriott room. Bathroom small with a mirror that only comes to my chin, but shower was great. If you are going to eat at Marriott restaurant ask front desk for 500 rewards point card and get an extra 500 rewards points for dining. Staff was helpful and wanted to please.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobReno
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Riverside Marriott. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and are happy to hear we were able to assist you with everything you needed during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Riverside!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The most impressive thing is the hospitality and personal service. I teach at a nearby university and stay often. They have on my profile my preferred room and even my preferred newspaper, and I'm always welcomed with a smile. It's very close to the Mission Inn, which is a much more elaborate (and expensive) place. But while the Mission Inn is institutional and the rooms sometimes fabulous and sometimes spotty, the Marriot provides a warmer if more standard environment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo