“Great location, best staff I've seen” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Rancho Cordova, California
“Great location, best staff I've seen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My company recently had a 2 day event at this location consisting of a training room to accommodate 40 people, all day catering (coffee and snacks) and lunch for both days. The location of the hotel was very close to a fun area with a lot of places to take clients for dinner.

The staff at this Marriott was the best I have encountered for this hotel chain. Everyone was friendly and helpful- catering staff, front desk, concierge, room services, et. al. Fantastic mood and morale at this site.

The rates were reasonable, however my company gets a good discount because we do a lot of business with Marriott. The catering was excellent and I didn't hear one complain from my customers. The climate control was handled by the engineer who changed it several times at my request throughout the day. He also unscrewed a few lights shining on my projector screen at my request and was very prompt.

The catering menu is really good and the afternoon snacks were a big hit. The first day was churros and funnel cakes with lots of topping choices. Excellent!

The lobby, bar and restaurant areas were comfortable and relaxing with good decor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GSmith07
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for sharing your event experience at the Marriott Riverside. Our staff works very hard to give all our guests a quality experience, and we are happy that you and your clients enjoyed excellent service highlighted with a great catering menu and good décor. We would like to thank you and your company for your continued support of the Marriott Riverside and hope to welcome you back soon.

Augusto Estebar, Director of Rooms 951-784-8000.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I SPENT $481.84 in advance for 4 nights at the Riverside Downtown Marriot. It was high and I knew it, but, my little princess doesn't like to stay in dives. However, as a seasoned traveler, I was surrprised and shocked to find out that on top of my $ 482 room robbery, I would be required to spend another 8 bucks a night for parking and 13 bucks a day for wi fi access in my room. Buyer beware. If I had not paid in advance, I would be gone in a flash. Asit is, I'm stuck.. But, rest assured, I will never set foot in another Marriot Hotel for the remainder of my pitiful life. I'm not stunned anymore, I'm MAD! I'm livid..

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DrWJH3
socialmediacoord, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Riverside Marriott. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can better improve the hotel. I do want to take this opportunity and address some of your concerns.

As a seasoned traveler, I am sure you are aware that your rate was very competitive compared to surrounding hotels and due to the demand in the market place, it was very reasonable. As with any full service Marriott, there is a charge for internet access. We do offer free internet access in our lobby. This is typical in most hotel chains where they do charge for internet at their full service hotels. I do believe though during your stay your internet charges were waived by one of our desk agents, I am pleased that we were able to accommodate that request. During your visit I am sure you noticed that parking is very limited in Riverside. Parking is a charge at most downtown hotels in any city, just for this reason. We certainly don’t want to overcharge and again we are in line with our competition.

Again your feedback is much appreciated and I do hope I was able to explain the operation side of our business. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and I do hope you allow us to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Keith Johnson, General Manager 951-784-8000
South Pole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We rented one of the deluxe rooms with the jacuzzi in it. It was a very nice suite, with a very comfortable bed and a great hot tub. Meticulously clean room, with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us.

The downstairs restaurant was pleasant but overpriced. I guess because it's nicest chain hotel in Riverside. Also, the location is fairly awful. Although it's only blocks from the downtown strip, it's also near the fairly slummy parts of town as well. The view from our lovely suite on the 7th floor? The CVS pharmacy and the local liquor store.

Overall, a nice place. Obviously the majority of the people who stay here don't get the jacuzzi suite, but hey, I'll review what I can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jerry E
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback regarding your experience in our jacuzzi suite. Your stay is appreciated and we are happy you found our beds to be very comfortable and our rooms meticulously clean. We look forward to your future visit to the hotel during your next stay in Riverside.

Ocean Gate, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Marriott is located in downtown Riverside, we stayed there the night before we flew out of Ontario Airport. The hotel had very nice rooms, we were upgraded to a very nice room because of our status with Marriott, and also had use of the club lounge which served breakfast and snacks during the day. The hotel is just a short walk to the downtown, what there is of it, sadly the downtown is not bouncing back just yet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Flyerno.one
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Good location about a mile from easy freeway access. Easy to find as it stands out, although parking/entrance signage at night is hard to see. Separate parking structure next door (pay for parking), but felt secure with good lighting and a roving security person (He was there when I parked - don't know if it is all the time).
They have notes about the construction next door during the day. My room faced the opposite side, and I did not hear anything.
Room was good size. Had a fridge and microwave. Wifi was easy to access (also must pay).
Note - For Gold/Plat status Parking and Wifi are free.
Concierge Room (Also for status) had great hot breakfast, drinks, etc. Small balcony but can sit outside. It was too wet (rain) when I was there, but still went out for the view. This is the only time I saw the construction next door. Good view of the city at night.
Newspapers were available daily outside each elevator, which was nice.

I marked it down one notch for the Gym. It is about the size of a guest room. Only 3 treadmills (was full at 6AM) and a couple of bikes. One of the TVs on the treadmill was inop. Remote was missing for the main TV (may have been misplaced by another guest). Only free weights on the other side with one bench. If you are tall and put the treadmill on an incline, watch your head. Towels were full size and hard to use while running, rather than the smaller towels typically found in a gym. This is why I marked the hotel down a notch. This looked to be a late add to the building. It is what I see at some Courtyards.

Cleaning Lady never replaced the bar soap (shower and sink), although replaced the shampoo bottles. Even when I tossed out the crumbling soaps (they are the cheap ones that are not meant to last days), only received one small one. At the same time I left my towels hanging on the shower and those were replaced with fresh ones. Chair, etc. was moved as if the floor was vacuumed, but little trash items were still on the floor from when I first got to the room. I don't know if all the rooms are like this or just mine. It was not anything to complain about, but it is one of the things I do notice.

Also, I wondered why a key was needed for floors 10-12? If it is security, why not all floors? I do appreciate it since I was on 11.

Room Tip: If you face Market, you don't have to see the construction on the other side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bstrvl55711
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Marriott Riverside, and for your continued patronage of the Marriott brand. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Concierge Room and the great hot breakfast provided. However, we are sorry that the gym and issues with your room did not meet your expectations and we failed to provide you with satisfactory service. The comments you have provided assist us in our ongoing efforts to improve and exceed our guest’s expectations with every stay. We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Riverside, and have the opportunity to show you the high level of service we are known for. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Portland, OR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night earlier this week (Feb 4th) and the hotel was easy to find, and the staff at check in was pretty friendly. On site parking in the parking garage is next store so check in, take bags to room and then move your car, however they have a walk way from the garage to a side entrance in the hotel. My room was on the 5th floor - very close to the elevators (across the hall) and within very close proximity to the Ice Machine -- it's in the hall way. It was not a quiet room, I heard more talking from people having conversations at the elevators then I did the actual elevator. The room was okay. Not outdated but not modern either. Just okay. Room had two doubles - so since I was by myself this was not a big deal. Bed was comfortable and linens were nice. My room over looked the side of the hotel facing the convention center and their was a letter in the room explaining renovations are taking place and noise may be possible from my room between 7 am and 3pm. At 7 am -- lots of construction noise: Jack hammers, beep beep, drills -- you name it.. could be heard. This didn't bother me since I had to get up but the renovations don't look like they'll be done any time soon so request a room on the other side of the hotel so you won't be bothered. The best part of the visit was eating on site -- in their casual bar that is off the lobby. Vanessa was outstanding -- friendly, attentive and had great recommendations. It was a nice atmosphere to people watch, watch TV or to work. Food was pretty good too and the lava cake for desert with espresso ice cream was fabulous. There is a starbucks (full service) across the street along with a CSV so this was good too. Overall okay -- this was 2 stars, but the service makes me give it a 3.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lady_Nafziger
Cottonwood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. There were 3 of us sharing a room. We had a room with 2 beds. The beds were only doubles and hard as concete. It was very difficult for 2 of us to share a bed without fear of falling off the edge. Even after the first night all 3 of us were complaining of being sore from the beds being too hard. We were there for a convention. I would be glad to recommend this hotel if they upgraded their beds, but until that happens take lots of pain reliever if you stay there.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are deeply sorry that your time with us was not of satisfactory and did not live up to the high standards of service we are known for by our guests. We hope we will have the opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next visit to Riverside and show you the top level of service we strive for with every guest. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.