“Great bar service”

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night earlier this week (Feb 4th) and the hotel was easy to find, and the staff at check in was pretty friendly. On site parking in the parking garage is next store so check in, take bags to room and then move your car, however they have a walk way from the garage to a side entrance in the hotel. My room was on the 5th floor - very close to the elevators (across the hall) and within very close proximity to the Ice Machine -- it's in the hall way. It was not a quiet room, I heard more talking from people having conversations at the elevators then I did the actual elevator. The room was okay. Not outdated but not modern either. Just okay. Room had two doubles - so since I was by myself this was not a big deal. Bed was comfortable and linens were nice. My room over looked the side of the hotel facing the convention center and their was a letter in the room explaining renovations are taking place and noise may be possible from my room between 7 am and 3pm. At 7 am -- lots of construction noise: Jack hammers, beep beep, drills -- you name it.. could be heard. This didn't bother me since I had to get up but the renovations don't look like they'll be done any time soon so request a room on the other side of the hotel so you won't be bothered. The best part of the visit was eating on site -- in their casual bar that is off the lobby. Vanessa was outstanding -- friendly, attentive and had great recommendations. It was a nice atmosphere to people watch, watch TV or to work. Food was pretty good too and the lava cake for desert with espresso ice cream was fabulous. There is a starbucks (full service) across the street along with a CSV so this was good too. Overall okay -- this was 2 stars, but the service makes me give it a 3.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lady_Nafziger

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. There were 3 of us sharing a room. We had a room with 2 beds. The beds were only doubles and hard as concete. It was very difficult for 2 of us to share a bed without fear of falling off the edge. Even after the first night all 3 of us were complaining of being sore from the beds being too hard. We were there for a convention. I would be glad to recommend this hotel if they upgraded their beds, but until that happens take lots of pain reliever if you stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are deeply sorry that your time with us was not of satisfactory and did not live up to the high standards of service we are known for by our guests. We hope we will have the opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next visit to Riverside and show you the top level of service we strive for with every guest. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Augusto Estebar, Director of Rooms 951-784-8000.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had an oppotunity to stay at this property on a recent business trip. The staff is excellent and accomodating. When the computer in the Executive Lounge was out of order, the GM allowed me into his private office so that I may use his. Over the top service for a busy executive such as myself. Had a business dinner in the hotel's restaurant. The food was surprisingly good for a hotel, and the service was outstanding. I will be back!

Room Tip: There is construction during the day next door so try to get a room on the side not having the const...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ALAN F
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was a quick in and out trip for business. This location is convenient to the Ontario airport and a perfect place to lay my head. The room was very nice and clean, no surprises. I found the business center area to be less than adequate, but fortunately my Gold status got me to the Concierge floor and there was a completely different world in the lounge. Though the printer had a few issues, the staff helped me work things out.

This is a lovely hotel and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your patronage as a business traveler. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again during your next trip to Riverside.

Cassiopeia Figueroa, Guest Relations 951-784-8000

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed there last week and the week before. Very friendly staff. Rooms are very nice. A great place to stay if you are going to see the holiday lights. Located in the 'happening place' in Riverside. I highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review and comments on our friendly staff. Our goal at the Marriott Riverside is to provide quality service and we are happy to hear we were able to achieve that during your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Cassiopeia Figueroa, Guest Relations 951-784-8000

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Every time I stay at this location everyone on staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and always have what I need when traveling. The location is great to walk over to shops and resturaunts however there are many many panhandlers and homeless around. If you walk across the street to Starbucks or CVS there are always a handful of panhandlers there. I dont feel safe if I am walking alone at night.
The concierge lounge has great hours and choices. Again the staff there is very friendly and looking to please.
Rooms facing the Convention Center are best for quiteness. There is construction happening there now but the work didnt start until after 7am and ended during business hours so don't let it deter you from staying on that side.

Room Tip: Convention center side is quitest.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NautiGirl68
CassiF3400, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take pride in serving our guests and exceeding their expectations with every stay and I am happy to hear you received that level from the staff. Our location has a wide range of individuals, and provides a great proximity to shops and restaurants allowing great access to our guests, as you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again soon during your next trip to Riverside. Cassiopeia Figueroa, Guest Relations 951-784-8000.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Generally this hotel exuded class. Provided a nice haven on the last day in November. Arrived to attend the Downtown Riverside/Mission Inn Festival of Lights. This hotel is perfect for that eventuality since it is in walking distance to the downtown areas being used for this. Room was as requested and very quiet. Room was nice and clean with a sofa, which is always a nice bonus, and a fridge and microwave. Bed was very comfy and it had a nice bath, overall no complaints and if choosing between this and the Mission, while it may not have the Missions history, it is very nice and in comparison far more reasonably priced.

Room Tip: higher rooms have better views... although if you stay on the front side hotel does use blue white l...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the wonderful pictures of the hotel and area. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to celebrate in the Mission Inn Festival of Lights while enjoying our reasonable price. We hope to see you again soon! Cassiopeia Figueroa, Guest Relations 951-784-8000.