Tripadvisor
Riverside
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great service, mediocre food”
Review of Palenque by Mezcal

Palenque by Mezcal
Order Online
Ranked #80 of 885 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of Downtown Riverside, Palenque Kitchen serves authentic Mexican cuisine with an added modern twist! On the weekends, a premier Mezcal and Tequila lounge with the best of the Mexican eats in the Inland Empire.
Reviewed May 28, 2019

This is a cozy place and the service is friendly and excellent. They have interesting margaritas. Food presentation is nice, but unfortunately the food itself is only so-so and not very flavorful. The salsa was extremely salty.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

We arrive at the restaurant just after 9 pm. We we immediately asked if we were staying for the nightclub. I said no, because we were just planning on eating and drinking. 10 pm. Comes around and we were asked to leave our table and go to the outside patio because the booths are sold as "bottle service". If we would have been told this at our arrival we wouldn't have had dinner there. Just an FYI for anyone thinking of going there. The tacos I had were over prices for the quality of the meat. It was tough and fatty. Don't order the Tai if you know what a Good one taste like. Our server however, was excellent. Over all, a dissapointing experience.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2018

I was in Riverside for business and was walking the area looking for somewhere to eat. I was reviewing their menu on the outside of the restaurant, and a waiter came out and asked if I had any questions regarding the menu and asked if I would be dining with them. I accepted the offer and went inside. There wasn't a lot of people inside although it was on a Tuesday night. The chips and salsa that they brought to the table were quite tasty! The salsa was not thick but had a very distinct flavor that I could not stop eating. Kind of smokey with a little bite. The highlight was the entree, which I ordered the Poblano Chicken. It was a grilled chicken breast with sliced peppers and an awesome sauce over the top. It has to be some of the best mexican food that I have tasted. I will certainly come back the next time I am in town!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

the Worst food and service ... i ordered a combo plate and a small sop and i payed 32 $ when i re-sieved them my rise was missing my beens was honestly just 2 spoons , the combo plate witch spost to be 3 difrent food was all mixed together becouse they just without caring put them all on top of eachother eith a very nasty sauce on top of all ... i called 3 times no one wanted to be responsible i trow the food and never got my money back !!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We got here just as they opened Saturday as a party of 10. We were accommodated right away. We had a little bit of a wait for service as another large party came in at the same time but all was good as we were served chips and salsa to enjoy while we looked over the menu. Get the meat plate for 2 it is awesome!!! The chili relleno is pretty yummy too. And don't forget to order a margarita to go with it. I did not catch the name of our server but he was a very kind man that did very well to take care of all the patrons. Just before we were leaving he stopped by our table to chat as we were out celebrating 2 adorable ballerinas. We did all ask for separate checks which he accommodated and then added the tip to the bill. My 3rd visit here and definitely not my last.

Date of visit: June 2018