“Horrible service terrible rooms. Never going back!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Inn Riverside

Budget Inn Riverside
Budget Inn Riverside
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
“Horrible service terrible rooms. Never going back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

First off those who gave this hotel an excellant rating must have stayed at a different hotel or stayed at far worse hotels than this. This hotel is anything but excellent. I had a bad feeling upon checking in the staff is extremely rude and unprofessional. That was a big red flag I ignored. But what sent me out the door was the condition of the room. It smelled like mold, some electrical wiring was sticking out, the furniture is old and chipped a few had tagging in it. It's just deplorable. Do not ever consider staying here. Upon checking out (within an hour the smell was that bad) I told the receptionist why I was leaving so soon and he just shrugged it off and just said people cooked in there so that's where the smell came from.

It's just unbelievable! The lack of courtesy and professionalism. For godsake you are in the hospitality industry, your main goal is to make your guests feel comfortable and safe and to treat them with dignity and respect. Have some common sense, you are running a business.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Mvgul
Dan B, Manager at Budget Inn Riverside, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
I am so sorry that your stay was not comfortable. It is so important that our guests bring these type of concerns to my attention. Sometimes in our kitchennette suites people stay for months. Dear guest I am not sure what room you stayed in or on what day. Please be kind enough to give me a call so we can figure out exactly what happened.
thanks
Dan Budget Inn Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Riverside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Receptionist not friendly, helpful, or willing to extend common courtesies offered at many nearby hotels. No chance I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gator511
Danjay, Manager at Budget Inn Riverside, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Guest we are very sorry to hear you are not coming back
were you upset beacause we wouldn't give you more time or ??
please call the manager
thanks
Budget Inn of Riverside
riverside cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed here with my fiance for one night and came back again the next simply because it has amazing rooms! clean roomy and very nice service for the price. I recommend you stay here if your in the area and are in a budget close to food and stores. =)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

buddet inn is a nice and clean budget place , the staff is very polite and want to make sure your stay is a very pleasant one. I have stayed at the budget fews days a week for a while, i have been treated very nice as a guest, my room is always clean and very comfortable, i would recommend this hotel. as a guest here I have always enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DClassie
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

My first stay at the Budget Inn in Riverside and I can say with assurance I will be back. There is a helpful and friendly staff, the rooms are ***clean*** and comfortable, and the price can't be beat! Far better than the Motel 6 I have stayed @ before for comparable pricing I felt I got far more at the Budget Inn . I stop along the road on occasion when I am traveling for work and have always preffered smaller chains to the big ones anyway.

The people, location and price make this for me, the BEST value in the Riverside area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Riverside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

I had a friend come to America, from Canada, for a visit. I would not suggest this place to anyone. Why? Let me explain the multiple situations that happened while she stayed there.

1 - They disconnected her phone while she was staying there, for no reason.

2 - Her child was injured back home and medical staff and family were trying to contact her during this time. The staff that answered kept telling the callers she wasn't in her room, when she actually was. The staff didn't even bother to check. Extremely bad considering this involved a child. Would you want to know when someone you loved was injured and then be sluffed off by staff who didn't care to even attempt to see if you're in your room?

3 - When she found out her phone was off, she went downstairs to the lady and the person there was to busy talking on their cell phone and kept waving at my friend in a 'shoo, go away' manner like she was an annoyance. How would a typical parent take such behavior?

4 - The staff's communication ability is super poor as one person told her she could stay an hour or two past her check out period. However this ended up not happening. Instead she had an old person knocking on her door and screaming, yes screaming, at her to get out... in Spanish. Apparently the hotel staff doesn't have many English speaking people there.

5 - They made her sit outside, in the sun, for several hours in 93+ degree weather. With all her luggage.

6 - As she was opening the drapes to her room she was hit in the eye with a screw. What did the staff do? Waved her away like an annoyance. Being my friend is from Canada she is unfamiliar with the hospitals here. The staff did not even give care.

Honestly, I cannot believe the sheer unprofessionalism and lack courtesy towards clients/guests. I was shocked by the behavior of the maids, the people at the front desk, and this overall experience.

As a human being I would strongly suggest avoiding this place unless you are into being treated worse than a dog.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank LynnTerra
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2008

I'm not to sure where the other people that reviewed before me stayed but it couldn't have been at the Budget Inn. They had people in and out of that motel all hours of the night; most of them were not even guest. We knew we were in a bad place when we saw a hooker getting arrested outside the motel. This part of University Ave was very ghetto and I would have rather stayed closer to the college. The rooms were very "cheap motel" and it really smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. I would never stay there again. This "amazing owner" was nowhere in sight, not even when I asked to talk to him about switching rooms. My colleague and I stayed at The Budget Inn because the Dynasty Suites down the street was sold out. Next time we will either book early with Dynasty Suites or pay a little extra and stay at the Marriott.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The location and the way we were treated
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Taveler88