“You get what you pay for”

Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We booked based on the overall trip advisor rating. This was a solid three circle rating at best. No smoking room smelled like smoke. Carpet was stained, no nightstand lamps, no clock, rough neighborhood. Will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank NorCalRecollections
Ashish P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

We regret to hear you were unsatisfied with your stay and hope you accept our apologies. We do our best to accommodate our guest’s needs and take this very seriously. As you mentioned we have great reviews and strive to adhere to guest expectations. We apologize for any stains you noticed on the carpet. We clean the carpets routinely to avoid such issues, but unfortunately it sounds like we missed a spot or two this time. We also have a strict no smoking policy for all of our hotel rooms. We ask guests that if they do smoke to please do so outside away from other guests. On occasion, there are some guests who ignore our policy. In these cases the room is put as out of order until all odors are eliminated. We encourage all guests who notice any discrepancies with a room to contact the front office so that we can address the issue. You also mentioned nightstand lamps. Back in 2010 when we remodeled we decided to omit nightstand lamps for ceiling lights on either side of the bed’s headboard. This clears up clutter on the nightstand to allow guests to plug-in and charge devices such as laptops, tablets and cell phones. We even have USB charging ports! The outlet and ceiling light switch are located conveniently above the nightstand. Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Riverside

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were there on a 2 days stay. The hotel looks normal from the outside but rooms were newly renovated. It was very clean and the bed was very confortable. Really enjoyed our stay here. It's far from downtown LA but the price was very good. Riverside city is clean and I was not afraid walking in the area after darkness. A good surprise !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yves G
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having not stayed at a ABV property before i was not sure what to expect. It was in my price range and close to where i had to be, so i booked it. When i got to my room i was very impressed, it was clean, the bed was great and the little things like having USB chargers built into the wall were a great touch. I hope the other properties with this chain offer the same thing.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to go to a show at the Fox theater in riverside this is the place to be.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank gfrenchman
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our experience was like many of the others: location is very nice, details in room make a difference, and we were there for a wedding! It was a simple, two-four block walk to the Mission Inn and the downtown walkway. Going the other direction (west), the neighborhood is really well-kept and restored older homes that are just gorgeous, similar to many university towns ("old money"). There is also a trailhead to the mountain hikes two blocks west, not your typical SoCal urban environ! The bed was super comfy, the TV was fine, and the bathroom was well done. This is an older property with limited, tight parking and the owners have invested in personal comfort, not frills. Anyone complaining about a "no charge" breakfast should be dismissed! Eat a banana and walk to a restaurant! Tip: the Chamber of Commerce is right next door and can give you advice on restaurants! They suggested Mario's and we enjoyed a fantastic meal there. The staff was extremely courteous. Only negative was neighbors who rolled in late night/early morning and made some noise. Like I said, I am sure many visitors are there with a wedding, so it is to be expected! If you must have high zoot, pay for it. If you want a really nice room for an affordable price, you cannot beat this Inn. Riverside was an unexpected joy to visit.

Room Tip: They did honor our request to be on top floor (only two stories). I would not want to stay in a roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Place is not bad but can definitely be better. Rooms are quite small but cozy. They can also use some improvements. Television is from the 1980's. Breakfast was ok and not a lot of variety. Overall it's a great stay. Very quiet and prices reasonable.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Located walking distance from most downtown venues and nightlife, this motel was perfect for a great sleep after a night on the town.

I was greeted by a very friendly young lady after watching her patiently yet efficiently help an older woman who wanted to chat. She had me checked in within a few minutes and answered all my questions with a smile.

The room was clean, fresh, up to date, and all details appeared to be installed by a professional. Hot water on demand early in the morning and noise from outside and adjacent rooms was minimal.

A Mexican resteraunt is next door (did not have time to try) with a supermarket across the street (great carne asada).

Anyone that needs to stretch their legs should hike Mt. Rubidoux, about four miles round trip.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for an event at Riverside City College based on other TripAdvisor reviews.

I'm glad I followed everyone's advice and I'll also say that, yes, the neighborhood was less then beautiful. I could feel my nerves get to me when I saw it was near a Greyhound station and a few other neighborhood signs that didn't make me feel very comfortable as a solo traveler. However, once you get inside the room (I as in a nicely remodeled room) I felt safe and comfortable.

Interestingly, when I checked in, I was told I would be on the bottom floor (something I was initially uncomfortable with). When I asked about a room on the second floor, the front desk clerk bit her lip and didn't seem very excited to tell me it would be on the backside of the hotel [gave me the feeling I was safer a few doors down near the front desk and on the first floor then up high and in the back].

I enjoyed the fact, too, that the motel was across the street from a great market and an array of restaurants. Apparently, though, the seafood restaurant isn't worth the price (according to poor reviews on Yelp).

I really enjoyed the bed, linens, the fact there was a refrigerator, and a great shower (one of the better one's I've enjoyed).

The remodeled rooms are nice and comfortable.

Definitely worth the price and location near RCC.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room. Great to be in the front, even if visible from the street, as it feels saf...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo