“Not bad”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
New York City, New York
“Not bad”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Place is not bad but can definitely be better. Rooms are quite small but cozy. They can also use some improvements. Television is from the 1980's. Breakfast was ok and not a lot of variety. Overall it's a great stay. Very quiet and prices reasonable.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Located walking distance from most downtown venues and nightlife, this motel was perfect for a great sleep after a night on the town.

I was greeted by a very friendly young lady after watching her patiently yet efficiently help an older woman who wanted to chat. She had me checked in within a few minutes and answered all my questions with a smile.

The room was clean, fresh, up to date, and all details appeared to be installed by a professional. Hot water on demand early in the morning and noise from outside and adjacent rooms was minimal.

A Mexican resteraunt is next door (did not have time to try) with a supermarket across the street (great carne asada).

Anyone that needs to stretch their legs should hike Mt. Rubidoux, about four miles round trip.

• Stayed April 2014
San Clemente, California
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed here for an event at Riverside City College based on other TripAdvisor reviews.

I'm glad I followed everyone's advice and I'll also say that, yes, the neighborhood was less then beautiful. I could feel my nerves get to me when I saw it was near a Greyhound station and a few other neighborhood signs that didn't make me feel very comfortable as a solo traveler. However, once you get inside the room (I as in a nicely remodeled room) I felt safe and comfortable.

Interestingly, when I checked in, I was told I would be on the bottom floor (something I was initially uncomfortable with). When I asked about a room on the second floor, the front desk clerk bit her lip and didn't seem very excited to tell me it would be on the backside of the hotel [gave me the feeling I was safer a few doors down near the front desk and on the first floor then up high and in the back].

I enjoyed the fact, too, that the motel was across the street from a great market and an array of restaurants. Apparently, though, the seafood restaurant isn't worth the price (according to poor reviews on Yelp).

I really enjoyed the bed, linens, the fact there was a refrigerator, and a great shower (one of the better one's I've enjoyed).

The remodeled rooms are nice and comfortable.

Definitely worth the price and location near RCC.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room. Great to be in the front, even if visible from the street, as it feels saf...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Reigate
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We booked this motel as an overnighter following a gig, so it didn't matter if it wasn't 5 star. As it turned out, the room was lovely, a little small maybe, but spotlessly clean, comfortable, had all the necessaries, ie. a (massive) tv, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, toiletries, even a fridge. Shower was good, towels clean and plenty of them. Breakfast was just perfect, hot drinks, juice, cereal, toast, fruit, pastries, waffles, we really were very pleased with our 'find', great value for money, and the 2 members of staff we met were both really nice too, helpful and efficient. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, no it's not 5 star, but I wish all motels were this nice.

Room Tip: We asked for an upstairs room so we didn't have people above us. Wasn't especially aware of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Renovated small Inn in downtown Riverside, close to parks, shopping, business, offices and bus depot. Very good breakfast. Friendly staff went out of there way to accommodate I received a fax in their office and no charge. Rooms were small well organized clean with nice glass enclosed shower.

Room Tip: Unheated clean outdoor swimming pool
Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed overnight here after a late arrival into LAX to break up the journey. For the price I wasn't expecting the quality to be as good as shown in the pictures but it matched exactly. The room was very clean and I slept comfortably. I had low expectations for breakfast but again for the price it was fabulous (small selection but had cereals, fruit, small pastries, low fat yoghurt and pretty good coffee). I had no issues with noise from outside or from other guests, it was a Sunday night and the place looked about 1/2 full.

Room Tip: I was happy with 104, got parking right outside the door.
1 Thank chriscork
mesa az
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a budget hotel that beats out the deluxe ones. Located near the historic downtown of Riverside, near to the police dept. and Tios Tacos. It is very very clean. Newly renovated I think and has very nice touches. Free wifi, breakfast, in room fridge, fancy multi spray shower. Big screen flat screen tv. And the nicest staff. I highly recommend it.v

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#8 of 24 in Riverside
Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Riverside? Share your experiences!