“Mission Inn Las Campanas”
Review of Las Campanas

Las Campanas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Campanas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 703 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine served in a beautiful outdoor garden setting come taste the excitement of Las Campanas Mexican Cuisine & Cantina! Offering authentic Mexican cuisine creatively prepared using the freshest herbs and ingredients. Relax in our beautifully landscaped outdoor garden and enjoy our signature margaritas.
Riverside, California
“Mission Inn Las Campanas”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

A great setting, outside and in the very front of the Mission Inn. It is easy to find and has many great selection of original Mexican food. They make the best guacamole at the table side and service is impeccable. Don't miss the grounds or inside the Inn itself, if you have time go visit the church, it is beautiful.

• Visited May 2014

Riverside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Las Campanas”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Our visits usually are impromptu and although without having reservations, we've never waited.

Coming in from the hot weather, Las Campanas' atmosphere transports you to a green oasis where you are surrounded by vegetation. If you go in the winter or when is getting colder, the outdoor heating and the great food warms you up!

Great food and service! And especially their selection of Margaritas! Their fish tacos, guacamole, enchiladas are delicious! Although I am a vegetarian, I always find something appropriate to have.

• Visited April 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Save your money for Somewhere else....”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My title says it all......seriously, save your money for somewhere else.

I have to grant them that we appeared later in the evening for dinner, so I actually thought of giving this place two stars....but after careful thought, it wouldn't be fair to all those other two star places out there. We still waited for almost 15 minutes to be seated while the place was 3/4 empty. No worries, we'll just take our seats and go from there.

After another 10 minute wait, our "under" waitress comes along and provides chips and salsa.....they're actually not bad. So then we wait another 10 minutes for our waitress to show up for our drink order....fine.....we order drinks. After another 10 minutes our beer comes out. Are you kidding me? Are they brewing this on the spot? You get the picture and we probably should have known then what we were in for.

So we order and blah, blah blah, the food comes out. I get my wife's order, my wife gets mine, but that's not the end of it! No, no.....instead of getting the entree, my wife gets a bowl of stewed meat with no sides....we're completely puzzled by this, but there's no waitress around to ask for help. So finally a different waitress comes out with our tortillas and then proceeds to drops them on the ground----no worries, people make mistakes. So we wait another 10 minutes and she brings out more tortillas....this is where we ask her about the meal (that I was supposed to get!) my wife is attempting to eat and why there aren't any sides with it. She didn't know, but she said she'd take care of it.....so another 10 minutes later, our original waitress comes out with the sides! I am not kidding nor exaggerating.

The meal itself was rather bland and tasteless......what a shocker.....another "Shmexican" restaurant that has bland food.....

We left only eating 50% of our meal......we left the rest for the stray cat that was meandering around the premises. Come to think of it, that was the best part of the meal.

I give them no credit for the absolutely wonderful gardens surrounding the entire property. The Mission Inn looks after that, not this place.

This place awful....service and food.....we won't be going back to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vernon N
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful lunch and beautiful lush atmosphere”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We discovered Mission Inn when we were leaving from an overnight stop at the Courtyard at Marriot. We decided to walk around the beautiful grounds and as it was lunch time we decided to eat at the outside restaurant, Las Campanas. What a treat! Outside restaurant was gorgeous! We ordered the crispy tacos - my husband had chicken and I had the beef. Large plates with beans, rice, guacamole and sour cream for about 16-17 dollars each. We could have shared as we each had one taco left. (That was food for our long drive back to Phoenix).
The wait staff was friendly and professional.
After lunch we visited the beautiful lobby and walked through another outside restaurant on the premises. Just as lovely as Las Campanas.
We are hoping to stay in the hotel itself in December. A grand hotel.
If you are looking for something extraordinary Google the history of Mission Inn. A gem.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank lucky715
Southern California
“Local Historic hotel and eatery”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Even though we live locally we often times skip the "touristy" places but we have been missing out on a wonderful little haven of peace within the historic Mission Inn. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the margaritas very much but the ambiance was the winner. It was a 90+ degree day but with the umbrellas and all the greenery is was a delight. The salsa and chips are very good and a nice flavor without being too spicy. My Mr. Wonderful said "you know we ought to do this more often". I agree completely.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank dunven

Been to Las Campanas? Share your experiences!