“Local Historic hotel and eatery”
Review of Las Campanas

Las Campanas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Campanas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 717 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine served in a beautiful outdoor garden setting come taste the excitement of Las Campanas Mexican Cuisine & Cantina! Offering authentic Mexican cuisine creatively prepared using the freshest herbs and ingredients. Relax in our beautifully landscaped outdoor garden and enjoy our signature margaritas.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Even though we live locally we often times skip the "touristy" places but we have been missing out on a wonderful little haven of peace within the historic Mission Inn. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the margaritas very much but the ambiance was the winner. It was a 90+ degree day but with the umbrellas and all the greenery is was a delight. The salsa and chips are very good and a nice flavor without being too spicy. My Mr. Wonderful said "you know we ought to do this more often". I agree completely.

1  Thank dunven

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Good food, great atmosphere. You can't beat the Mission Inn for ambiance. If you're like me, the atmosphere in an eatery is a very close second to the quality of the food. In this case the ambiance might just out rank the food a scoch. They have all the regulars, tacos, etc. with a bit of an upscale flair, but the prices don't necessarily reflect that. I would say it ranks $$.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We decided to eat here as other reviews we had read said there is not much around the Mission Inn hotel. The outdoor seating was nice, liked the lights in the trees once it got dark. We basically had appetizers for dinner as we were not that hungry. Loved the white wine sangria and my husband liked his margarita. I always rate a Mexican restaurant first on their chips and salsa, this one gets an #1. Delicious food and wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The food in this restaurant is different than traditional Mexican. My cheese enchilada had a green sauce and white cheese and it was very tasty. The chicken soft tacos were great and the rice and beans were good. The food is not as spicy and that might be why other reviewers thought it was bland. We enjoyed our meals and the outdoor dining and would eat here again. The cost was not bad for a hotel restaurant.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Everything was excellent. The food, the atmosphere, the service, the drinks. The food was so simple and honest. The outdoor dining was spectacular. We loved every second of our time here. We didn't feel rushed or hurried. My wife and I enjoyed everything about our experience. We will come back here for sure. Fantastic Mexican cuisine with a wonderful ambience.

Been to Las Campanas? Share your experiences!