“Awesome margaritas and atmosphere”
Review of Las Campanas

Las Campanas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Campanas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 709 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mission Inn Avenue/Orange Street
Description: Authentic Mexican Cuisine served in a beautiful outdoor garden setting come taste the excitement of Las Campanas Mexican Cuisine & Cantina! Offering authentic Mexican cuisine creatively prepared using the freshest herbs and ingredients. Relax in our beautifully landscaped outdoor garden and enjoy our signature margaritas.
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This place is outdoors and is in a great setting. You are surrounded by the sounds of birds, and the magnificent architecture of the Mission Inn itself. The food has always been great and the Margaritas are the best in the Inland EMpire. I have been here numerous times and highly suggest it.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Living in SoCal, one can eat Mexican food every day, and we practically do. So, to treat ourselves to something different within this cuisine, we decided to try Las Campanas Restaurant located at the Mission Inn. It was a Sunday afternoon and we were quickly seated outside in a lovely patio setting. While downtown was busy with locals and tourists out to enjoy the day, the patio is situated so that you have privacy during your meal.

To begin, we ordered the Flautas "starter." It consisted of a sampler that had six chicken and filet mignon flautas. Seriously, this starter was just the beginning of good things to come. As an entree I ordered the Chile Relleno (without chicken), but as a self-described connoisseur of rellenos, they undoubtedly were the best I have experienced (remember..... I eat Mexican food all the time). It was large, filled with a four cheese blend and topped with a delicious red sauce (it could have used slightly more sauce).

The margaritas were super, the beer was cold and the tortilla chips and salsa were tasty. Las Campanas is a step up from your ordinary Mexican restaurant.

The service? It was completely adequate for a busy and beautiful Sunday afternoon. I'm happy that we never felt that they needed to turn over the table to other customers. Though some guests may wish to be attended to more often, we did not.

I am looking forward to our next visit on another special day. One more thing: Parking in downtown Riverside is not the easiest, so go ahead and splurge--use the valet. You deserve it, don't you?

1  Thank libertychief
Reviewed July 23, 2011

It's a good thing the atmosphere is so nice because the service is sooooo slow. The personnel just don't seem to care. The food is good and sitting outside is awesome. Hopefully they will get their act together so you can get a great total experience.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Attended an historic home tour in Riverside 5/14 with my sister and a couple of friends. Wanted to infuse a lovely afternoon with a leisurely lunch and the most pleasant and fitting atmosphere I could think of. Where better than this beautiful outdoor venue in the classy Mission Inn Hotel downtown? It was my treat, and we weren't disappointed! The environment is top notch California, the service excellent, the food delightful. Parked in a nearby open lot, so can't respond to valet service, but it appeared to be brisk and busy, so if you are just visiting for a short while and can't afford a wait, you may want to try curbside or the plentiful lots and garages near the hotel. But if you're in a hurry, perhaps this isn't the place for you. If you do, however, want to sit back, enjoy your company, breathe in the classic elegance of the place, and be attended by friendly and accommodating wait staff, while taking in some creative fare both in food and drink, this is a very sweet spot that I look forward to returning to time and again.

Reviewed May 6, 2011

I'm one for outside dining, and love Mexican food so thought I'd try this place. Was in town for business staying in Riverside.
Arrived around 6:30 on a Tuesday night, not too crowded. Service was a little slow as mentioned previously, but I wasn't concerned...was enjoying the outside dining and relaxing.
Food was good, though not the best mexican I've ever had was tasty and was warm upon arrival. Had a margarita that was pretty tasty (not the top shelf tho)
Liked the garden setting. Walked around the property for 5 mins just to see a little more history about this place. Wish I wasn't so stuffed and tired, or else would have adventured more.
My entree (enchiladas), drink and cupcake for dessert came to $30+...so pretty steep.
But it was a nice evening anyway.

MIDORD, Director of Rooms at Las Campanas, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear KKJACKS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that your food was tasty and warm, you enjoyed the outdoor garden setting, and had a little time to enjoy the property. We do hope to have you as our guest again in the future and we will do our best to improve our service time. We take our guest feedback very serious and appreciate your business.

Elsie Carbajal