“Great Italian”
Review of Mario's Place

Mario's Place
Ranked #7 of 706 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Fantastic Italian menu. The pizza with fresh pears and Gorgonzola cheese...the best ever! Ever had stuffed zucchini flowers? Well, you can here!

1  Thank Pammiller1
There are newer reviews for Mario's Place

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food, service and setting are all fantastic, however, there is a nasty "sewer" smell in the restaurant, as there is in most of that part of town. It is NOT there problem, but none the less it is noticeable.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I ate there one night on a business trip. The salad was terrible, the Ahi tuna was excellent, and my waiter, evidently, was a robot that was programmed to talk very loudly. I also had a very nice glass of chardonnay. On average, it was average. This is another of those formulaic high-end restaurants that does everything by the numbers and overcharges as if it's worth it. It's not. There are much better places to eat within walking distance of this place.

1  Thank PFT56067
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've been coming here for years but over the last several I've noticed this place is steadily going down hill. The food is good, the service is good, but the menu is very limited. Honestly I will not be back simply because there isn't anything I want to eat.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I used to work here many moons ago, so while I do know the family who owns it, I must say it is some of the best food I've ever had and still relish every time I get to eat it now. Leone's creativity in the kitchen rates- hard core. Andrea runs the floor and knows/ loves his wine as much as I do. Arrigo is the bar manager and is the fix-it guy (or atleast he used to be). Its a total family affair, but let me tell you, I've eaten far and wide. The food is fan-freaking-tastic, the service is first rate- AND its right across the street from one of the most beautiful hotels in California. I know what you are thinking... Riverside?!? Trust me, its worth it.