“wonderful ambience, wine and food”
Review of Mario's Place

Mario's Place
Ranked #7 of 706 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Located just across from the Mission Inn. Great service and food. My real rating would be 4.5 if an option. I have dined there 3 times and would definitely go back. The daily appetizers and main entree specials are so unique and worth exploring. Tonight for an appetizer I ordered a plate that had shitake mushrooms, grated ginger, and scallops--delicious! I should have ordered two of them for an entree! Love the wine selections--especially the Adriatico sauvignon blanc.

There are newer reviews for Mario's Place

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately Riverside is, well ... restaurant challenged. At least in the high end department. Mario's is good enough however that it could hold it's own in LA or San Diego. It's pricey Italian but perfect for a more upscale night out.

There is a more casual, younger, back patio that sometimes has a DJ on the weekends. It's quite a change from the interior, more sedate, restaurant and bar.

1  Thank psatty
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were in Riverside for a wedding and wanted some Italian food. Mario's was suggested by the desk lady at the Chamber of Commerce and some of the staff were out front prior to opening, while I was walking around downtown. My wife and I went back, and enjoyed a superb meal. It was pricey (more than I had budgeted for that dinner), but probably one of the best meals I have ever enjoyed. It seemed like most patrons were regulars and the atmosphere was very relaxed and pleasant, not uptight and stuffy. We got what we paid for and were pleased! Service was excellent, very attentive without being over-bearing.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Marios is one of the best restaurants in Riverside. Chef Leone is uniquely talented with creative pairings and quality ingredients. The restaurant is noisy. My husband and I always ask to sit by the front window, which is set off a bit from the hustle and bustle of the main dining area and separate from the rocking bar area. We usually dine with another couple. The cocktail and wine choices are first class. Expect to spend a triple digit price for the evening - but it is worth the treat.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

this restaurant is across from the Mission Inn. While evaluating outdoor the menu a local and told us that we would not be disappointed. Also mentioned that between four and six that was a 1/2 off happy hour. While waiting for our dinner reservations we drank mojitos, Dinner was delicious.

1  Thank colegw